Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters! My thought for the day! Stay the course. Be steady. During the first days and during what feels like a new day everyday. Stay steady. AL wants us in it's grasp. Stay steady and make everyday the first day. Be kind to others. Say something loving to a friend. Open a door for someone in need. Give back to those who love you and to those who hate you. Stand up for what you believe in. Pray for wisdom. Ask for forgiveness. Admit your wrong once today. Admit you were right once today. Give credit where credit is due. Let your heart be joyful that soo many are exceeding. Be faithful that the best is yet to come. Just my thoughts for the day.
    Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello...just got the kid settled down in his room - getting ready for high school tomorrow....:-(

I just can't believe how fast this year has gone by - and I've been "present" for alll of it but the very beginning of the year when I was still drinking. I just can't afford to lose a day to alcohol...it turns into a couple days which turns into a week, then the past year was kind of a blur - and I'm left standing here thinking of how much of my life I've wasted being wasted. Even without alcohol, time whizzes by - how can you appreciate every second when you're not even really 'living'? sheesh. I'm feeling a little sad at the wasted time, but moreso very appreciative of the fact that I did actually come to my senses.

ah - here's to starting a school year off sober - first time EVER! Well, I mean as a parent - LOL...I didn't go to elementary school with a hangover...;-)

yes, I'm tired...I guess I'm getting punchy.

Talk to you all in the AM.

lola
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lola, an elementary school hangover - horrors :H
        Hope your son has a wonderful high school experience!

Welcome Phin & Sharky!
        Glad to have you in the Nest, buckle yourselves in for a while.

Ronnie, great to hear you are moving forward - you can do this

Greetings to everyone who stopped by today. I am ready to call it a day after 13 hrs of babysitting- geez!
        Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!
          Time to wake up & pledge no drinking on this fine Wednesday. Actually it's hot & humid here but nevertheless......

Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Up and At em....

Day 16 and I've TTDP K-9. Let's see what today has in store shall we?

Celebrate Recovery is tonight so I get my weekly dose of reinforcement...hopefully I'll find out today if they did assign a leader to the next Women's Step Study cohort...so we can get started. Once we do - we are closed out - and we stay together as a cohort for 6 months to a year.
            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sniff, sniff....I'm not needed no mo'. My newbies are helping their fellow newbies...I'll just fluff up the pillows and restock the butt velcro.....ehehehe....NOT!!!

I'm thrilled at how well everyone is doing, and telling each other what to expect, THAT'S what it's all about!! I couldn't be happier!

Lav, you are going to need a babysitter if you keep pulling these 13 hour days!! I am sure it's a labor of LOVE! And you are present for it all!! Can you imagine being denied all these moments??? These really ARE the times of our lives.
              Lola, I'm sure your time is bittersweet....but all we can do is live from this moment on....boy if I could turn back the clock I would, we all would...but at least we can move ahead with our heads held high!! I notice that kids seem to like school now...gosh my generation hated it. I think it was ingrained from Leave It To Beaver... I'm glad that has changed, since they are going from around the age of 2 now. Oy.

You will find the happiest people on this site are the ones who guard and cherish their quit. When you have a craving...push it out of your head by saying, NO, HELL NO!! Alcohol will not take one more day of my life!! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Sober Day, all! It is so nice to see all this positivity in the nest!

Lolab...just want to say "me too" to starting the school year sober for the first time! My kids are now in two separate schools (one started middle school...let the drama begin!) so the coordination requires more effort. Thank goodness I have the presence of mind and body to be there for the kids. It is so nice to be coherent and aware enough to get them to bed on time...rather than lazing on the couch or passing out and letting things go awry!

PF it is great to see you back on track. I think you've got it this time!
                BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey BelleGirl-

I am not going back. I am not deviating. I am walking this path and I am going one way. And that is forward.

It's good to see you here too! XOXO
                  That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                  AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya all
                    Everyone sounds very positive, its just great

Belle - I couldn't agree more.. it's fantastic to start the school year sober and be able to help with homework or do some reading instead of slumped on the couch and not at all available for our kids... I feel so grateful to be in the physical and mental space to be able to deal with school again (btw - I'm a teacher at my son's school so extra important I am fresh and sober!!!

Hi PF - wow my dear you are just forging ahead. Snap! I'm not looking back either despite a few dodgy moments tonight..

Hi Lav, Bryd.. hanging onto to your every wise word, thanks so much

Have a great night
                    Patrice

Comment

Newbies Nest

Victory is right before you. Reach out and grab it. You will be back in the driver's seat and in control. This is one area of life you do have control over simply by making the choice. That's such an awesome feeling.
                      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

F**K IT

Well thought I could do it, I was done. Could handle it,. The week at my daughters was for some reason too much. No internet/cable only dogs and fresh air, oh yea I had a radio to listen to. Got bored and thought I could handle this and bought some wine. I have been drinking since Aug 21st and now it is Sept 5. What a loser. I have read so many times that we think we can do this and I am not so bad, true. We are. I really blew my 3 months AF. I can use all the excuses I wish, but the only thing that is important is to say I am an addict to alcohol, and I can not go near it. For those who have been swallowing the stuff for years and wish to moderate, ain't goin to happen. Tomorrow I will have to start over my day 1. I had hoped I could go back and take a few days off but that is not right or truthfull to me. So here I am on my hands and knees begging forgiveness. Nesters, lend me a twig. Or give me one, I need it a good strong one. I hate admitting failure, but here I am. No job, no man, I love my children and grandchildren. My Mom would be so disappointed in me, I have taken after my father.
                        It is so sad, I really thought I was okay:upset:
                        Goal
                        I am starting over as of Sept 6
                        SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
                        be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
                        be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
                        be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
                        Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
                        Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
                        I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Litre2;1373955 wrote: Well thought I could do it, I was done. Could handle it,. The week at my daughters was for some reason too much. No internet/cable only dogs and fresh air, oh yea I had a radio to listen to. Got bored and thought I could handle this and bought some wine. I have been drinking since Aug 21st and now it is Sept 5. What a loser. I have read so many times that we think we can do this and I am not so bad, true. We are. I really blew my 3 months AF. I can use all the excuses I wish, but the only thing that is important is to say I am an addict to alcohol, and I can not go near it. For those who have been swallowing the stuff for years and wish to moderate, ain't goin to happen. Tomorrow I will have to start over my day 1. I had hoped I could go back and take a few days off but that is not right or truthfull to me. So here I am on my hands and knees begging forgiveness. Nesters, lend me a twig. Or give me one, I need it a good strong one. I hate admitting failure, but here I am. No job, no man, I love my children and grandchildren. My Mom would be so disappointed in me, I have taken after my father.
                          It is so sad, I really thought I was okay:upset:

Failure is often the road to success. Don't beat yourself up. You learned from it and that is the usefulness of mistakes. Find the positive and leave the negative in the grave. It only makes you want to drink. You did 3 months, you fell, you learned. This time you keep that lesson close at hand and begin today to have a better life one step at a time. Nothing worthwhile comes that easy.
                          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Litre2 -

There is something between 30 and 45 days where we think we can Mod. Let me find what I wrote someone the other day in response to Byrdie....

08-30-2012, 02:24 PM

Prairie Fairy

Gallery: 0
                            My Mood:

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Byrdlady
                            Bahaha! Yes, PF, that is a whole NEW pep talk you get from D13 to D30 when you get your hat!!! It's nuts, but it's a new set of complacency issues to be dealt with then...you are so right! I'm glad you are here talking about it, there are dozens of people reading your posts that you are helping!!
                            FYI - she's referring to when you say -
                            "I know I really didn't have *that* bad a problem. Look how well I'm doing. Surely I'm the 1 in a million person who can successfully Mod. I know even Roberta Jewell gave up on the idea but I know *I* am secretly the rock star who can. Everyone else can't - but I'm the golden unicorn, the flying pig - the mysterious lottery winner *WHO CAN MOD EFFECTIVELY* and then....cue scary music here...

You will go to brunch with your friends and they will order pitchers of Hoosier Mama Bloody Mary's with extra horseradish and offer you one and you - (in your secret fabulousity - hitheroto unrecognized by those on the MWO boards who you are now convinced in your own head are simply winging when they say Moderation is impossible because they are just really sad that *they* aren't the golden unicorn/flying pig/mysterious lottery winner of Moderation that you are) - YOU TAKE IT. And it is delish. And you only have one. But you want more...you know you do....but you don't have it. Although you want it. And you obsess over it. And you spend the rest of brunch trying to decide if anyone will notice if you order another...but you decide discretion is the better part of valor and after all - moderation in all things, EH?!

But on your way home - now that you can stop at JUST ONE - you get a box of wine. Because you can stop at just one. And that's the end of your quit. Poof. Bye Bye Quit.

Like I said - anytime the antebuse wants to get through customs - I'm good. I know this stupid game.

So - Anyway - Litre2 - you are hardly alone in this one. Here's a hand back up - virtually. You can do this. You've done it before. Hugs.

As for me - the Antebuse literally came just in time. I popped one of the pills the minute the package showed up - and dang if 3 hours later someone didn't remind me there was a football game on later - and I get pickled for everyone of my teams games - that was close. Almost lost my quit over a dumb game - saved by 3 stinkin' hours and a forgotten football schedule.

So - get your mind wrapped around Day 1. And be ready. We are all here.
                            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Litre2, wow you did really well before... and I'm sure you will do even better now!!!.

I don't think you should worry about what your Mum would or maybe wouldn't have thought about you... at this point

Take care and here's a huge branch!!

Patrice

Comment

Newbies Nest

JMO, but I think it's all in how we retrain our mind and reshape our lives. If we work hard to love and appreciate our lives and who we are without alcohol and see it as some program life has introduced to us for the benefit of sales, we may not have as much temptation down the line. See alcohol for what it really is...plant that hard in your brain. Would you drink Drano? Would you need it if it wasn't even invented? Happiness is not achieved in a bottle. Psychologically retrain yourself to know the truth like you are a child learning. It is no longer a mindless habit or program. It's deleted. It's important to build up your life in all areas while quitting, so you like it that way and say, "why do I need the alcohol"? I DON'T! Start accomplishing things you wouldn't accomplish while drinking. That starts to replace the need for the alcohol. At least that is how my mind is working at this. I want everyone to succeed. I'm really not liking alcohol at all now especially watching it destroy not only my life, but others as well. I want to put it all in a building and burn it down!

Comment

Working...
                                X