Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Welcome to you sunnydaz! Glad to have you in the nest.

To all my feathered friends, just a quick hello from me. I've go the coffee on and the DP and DC in the fridge. There are cranberry nut muffins, too! I'm off to meet a friend for a morning walk. Have a great day, and stay away from those predators!!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Again!

Going okay so far!! Day 2 under belt, now the big hurdle coming up!

Dill- the muffins sound nice!

Glass- yes I think I miss the innocence of youth. I love seeing my kids find the joy in life and seeing how they have yet to be 'influenced' by anything.

sd- could you send me some of your motivation!!!

Prancy -my old horse Mojo is 30+yrs and still throws curve-balls at us! But keeps plodding along also!

Nice to meet you Sunnydaz! I'm on the bottom twig, but its actually kind of comfy, so come visit anytime!

Lav- Chiggers sound a bit like what we call Midgies! Nasty little critters that you can barely see, but they leave welts that itch like anything!!!

The Nest

Here is a haven made of twigs and fluffy bits,
      it looks too flimsy to be a home to anyone!

But inside nestles a newborn,all innocence
      and yet, the soul is lived in some!

The Nestling attempts an awkward preen
      of those soft, downy feathers....

An inborn sense of her precarious perch
      and all the storms to weather.

Her strength is the nest,all neatly made
      and the strudy branch it sits aloft.

Its saftey is in this cradle of twigs,
      and bits of fluff so soft!

Chicken

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Hi Sunnydaz, glad you joined us! Now we can chat here and on Quitnet You're doing great and I hope your sister is doing OK.

Prancy, nursing a sick horse must be exhausting work, I can't imagine. I'm thinking of you, hope things improve quickly. A change in the weather would certainly be nice.

SD, goodness, you are one enormously talented person!! You have got to stop thinking of yourself as a drunk. You are much, much more......... Show yourself a little kindness during this period of transition. I hope you can find a comfortable area to settle into for a while. My 27 year Nursing career left me exhausted, unwilling and unable to put myself out there for people any longer. That's why I ended up opening my own, small, home based embroidery shop. I still deal with people, try to help them out, make them happy, etc. but on an entirely different level. I control the stress level now - and that's a big deal for me

Cindi, NoraC, GHE, Dill, good to see you this Tuesday morning! I love muffins Dill, save one for me!

Chicken, strength to you for Day 3, you can do it There is strength in this nest, just as your poem indicates!! Thanks for that!

I'll check in later, have a great day everyone
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello my friends!! I wake up and rush to the nest. Or maybe I've been in the nest all night. I just am so grateful that I have found this place and that I have found people that truly understand. That is amazing to me that there are people out there that really, really understand!!! I'm sorry that I haven't had much time to post. It's been so hectic. Trying to get into a routine with my niece & nephew. Usually they are here for four or five fun filled days. This time it's going to be for over 2 weeks so we've got to get some type of routine. Because I still have to work everyday. Hubby doesn't work (disabled) so he stays home and takes care of them.
          Anyway - that extrememly long paragraph was an apology because I didn't have time to talk to each one of you.ops!::H

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day/evening/night!!!! Have a fantastic AF day!!!!!

I will be back (that is not a threat - honestly!!). I'll make much more sense after some Diet Coke.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning my fine feathered friends! A big welcome to sunnydaz :welcome: Great to have you here and congrats on your 6 months sobriety!!!

Just a quick check-in this morning and my apologies for not responding to each of you. Things are very hectic this morning at the office! So, I will post again later.

Have a great day my friends!!! Big hugs and love to you all :l :h Thanks for the muffins and coffee Dill. Talk to you all soon!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning everyone...glad to be here this morning and to share recoveries together. My big problem has been my attitude....I don't think about drinking that much anymore...it's more dealing with my emotions associated with it. It's learning new ways of coping with them. I come from a family of alcoholics and it was just a way of life for us and how we dealt with emotion, feeling etc. I'm hoping to learn new (positive ways ) of looking at things in my life...instead of thinking I should have quit this years ago and so on. I'm 55 now and I want to feel good about my quits of both drinking and smoking. I had quit before (drinking for about four and a half years and then went back out for 6 months and here I am again...for good this time. I don't take this addiction for granted anymore...I know it for what it is for me...an addiction. Nothing to mess with or take lightly.

Sunnydaz
              Sober since Feb. 6, 2009
              smober since March 28, 2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nestlings!

Had a wonderful sunny weekend - who knew that doing nothing was so tiring!?

Prancy... so sorry about your boy... how is he doing now? I was gone for 2 days and checked on my mare when we got back last night at 11pm... she's lame.. BIG TIME. Arrrrgh. And I had a vet bill for $271 in the mail.

Much work to catch up on... issues with the house back home to deal with (more $$) - hasn't been a great couple of weeks... but at least no hangovers!

Take care all.. will try to catch up later.. oh.. Welcome Sunny - From Sunnie

:l to all!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just don't know HOW some of you quit smoking and drinking at the same time. What amazing resolve. Just don't ask me to give up my coffee is all I can say!
                  Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                  AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

For me it was more of a have to...quitting smoking and drinking at the same time. Constant allergy problems and then the wheezing started. I'm with you on the giving up coffee...don't know if that will ever happen...

Sunnydaz

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey there Nesters...just taking a break from my school work to check in....I've done about 4 hours today so far and still have 2 papers to write for tomorrow. Could be a late night!! I appreciate your kind words Glass and Lav...I guess I get pretty down on myself about my drinking...because in every other aspect of my life, I feel so much success....why can't I get control over this??? And it's like right now I don't want to (meaning during the summer)...I know once school starts I HAVE TO there is just no other way around it!! I think I keep telling myself I know I don't need it and can quit, I've proved to myself before that I can...but ugh...it's such a battle!! Sorry I'm rambling.....

Chicken3..I'd love to send you some motivation...I honestly don't know where I get mine. I'm a perfectionist, that I know...and I don't like to fail...apparently I like learning too...never thought I would say that. It's almost like it's a "high" for me to be soooo stressed out and worried about getting all this work done and then getting it done and getting the A. I dunno, that probably sounds weird???

Dill thanks for the DP this morning and the muffins....it was great...ate it on my way to class

How's everyone else??? Chops, everything ok at work?? I really need to get out of this computer room for a bit and get some food....I'm starving!! Bray is with his dad today...they took a road trip, so they will probably be back around 8:30...I want to have all my stuff done so I can hang out with them....Bray and Brad have wii matches every night...I'm the cheerleader...not very good at playing video games!!
                      Have a great evening everyone!!! Sure missin' pops and G these days!!
                      SD:l
                      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                      7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Getting ready for bed - time for a quick check in.......

Chops, busy is a good thing!!
                        Sunnydaz, Hi, how was your day?
                        Sunnie, I hope your mare is going to be OK, poor thing! I feel a bit lame myself somedays.
                        Tulipe, I'm one of those nuts that quit the smokes soon after quitting drinking. I did it for my health and for the health of those around me BUT I also did it because of the massive tax increase imposed per pack this year. It's been a bigger challenge for me to quit smoking.........
                        SD, please remember that we're not supposed to be beating ourselves up about our drinking histories. Didn't I hear something about that on one of the CDs last night???? That has been one tough lesson for me to learn as well.

Well, good night everyone, rest well
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all. My horse is not much better. Fever spiked today at 107 degrees! The vet aid it is definitely in the danger zone but I sat there with him all day again today in the blistering heat and he seems to be taking it in stride. I am very grateful to be AL and hangover free to be dealing with this. I CAN"T imagine sitting out there in this heat with a hangover so I am glad I can be responsible and take care of things. But I am very worried about him and not accomplishing much else besides sitting! Here's hoping when I go out tonight he will be doing okay. I am out there from 8 am. until 10 p.m. with about a two hour break!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prancy, I'm so, so sorry to hear that. I'm sending thoughts and prayers for him (and for you). Please keep us posted.

Hi to all the other nesters, too. I hope you're all getting through the day and night OK.
                            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. Oh Prancy.....I'm so sorry that your horse is still so sick. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. :l
                              I'm putting out the bagels & coffee and Diet Pepsi and my favorite Diet Coke for breakfast.
                              Night everyone........
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Nesters,

Prancy, I hope your horse improves today! I know how it is to love an animal that is very ill. Fingers crossed. Keep us posted.

SDloves, I am sorry to hear that you are struggling so with your drinking. I can certainly relate!:H Please don't be so hard on yourself. If it was easy, we wouldn't be here on MWO, treatment centers wouldn't exist, there would be no such thing as AA, etc... It's not easy and you have to get the proper mindset. It sounds like you are having a hard time getting the mind set; getting motivated. All I can say is: never give up!! Here's a quote from yesterday's Jamboree thread:
                                Ability is what you're capable of doing... Motivation determines what
                                you do... Attitude determines how well you do it.
                                --unknown
                                You have the ability. You're just lacking motivation. Stay with us, girl! You'll find it again!

Chops, I hope things have settled down for you! You sounded really busy yesterday. Slow down today, if you can, and take time to smell the roses! Speaking of flowers, have you noticed my avatar? That is a picture of a nasturtium. Ask your dad (the gardener) if he's ever heard of that one. It's an edible flower. It's beautiful, brilliant, and tastes like a radish. Very easy to grow.

Sunny gg, I'm on my way with the tools. Have you got the supplies? I'm ready to start your fences today!

Lav, Nora (thanks for the breakfast set up!), chicken, GHE, sdaz, tulipe, loved1 and anyone else who I may have left out, have a wonderful day!

PS, I miss lilmea.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X