• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

everybody sounds gooooood!!!:wd:

Youo make me laugh k9

And Lav - I see the feather - just so you know you're not crazy! :H
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1374573 wrote: everybody sounds gooooood!!!:wd:

Youo make me laugh k9

And Lav - I
      see the feather - just so you know you're not crazy! :H
      Ok what is going on? I don't see no stinkin' feather! :upset:
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stumpy - outside of the cravings -that when they hit - hit bad - I haven't felt better physically in forever. I've lost at least 5 lbs in three weeks - part of it water weight I'm sure. My skin looks a million times better already. I'm getting compliments wherever I go.

And I have a kick in my step that I am sure shows. Men have always paid attention to me - but now it's particularly overt - and they don't care if the SO sees it anymore it seems all of a sudden (it's like now that i have my confidence back - it's OPEN SEASON on Prairie) and the SO who has been Mr. Ever so Full of Himself for a while - is suddenly finding himself - as a mutual good friend put it - in the position of having to piss on his fire hydrant if he means keep the other dogs off.
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

I see the feather, too, Lav. Twice in fact (and I'm not drinking!!) Maybe K9 has her drinkin pants pulled up too high??
          PF, look at you gettin your groove back!!!!!!!!!!! It doesn't take long to see the sunshine, I am so happy for you! B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, I had exact same experience. Last time I was sober and NF for 6 months my dad got mad at me for not drinking at his party. Thought it was an insult not to have a drink with the family. The story of my last relapse...

Rooni, Slay
            , I can totally relate. I mentioned before that people really do take your not drinking personally. I even had people walk out of the bar saying I can enjoy my Friday night somewhere else and even made a post about it recently. To be honest I am guilty of this myself, I remember on few occasions going to a bar with a friend who was driving and getting upset at him for not telling me earlier. There is something personal about the other person not drinking on our terms.

ALLAN K.
            AF since 1st Sep 2012
            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

I do have my groove back. And there was one thing he was doing that was making me MAD for months but I wasn't saying anything about it. Well I had enough yesterday. I was PO'd.

And it got fixed.

I don't waste my bullets with that one. But when I am done - I AM DONE. And I was DONE on that topic.

So yes - I have my groove back. Bout time too.
              That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
              Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
              AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

PF, LMAO Piss on the hydrant, that's rich. I never had a problem in the looks department either, thank god. right now my skin is feeling dried out and my hair, well, my hair looks like my picture...snake like and dry...Hopefully that changes soon. OMG You crack me up.
                AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOL the images a name conjures up.....prairie fairy sounds pretty but honestly, stumpy??? It doesn't seem like you'd have much trouble fightin the guys off...:H
                  ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOLAB, I'm crying from laughing so hard...oh god, I can't stop...deep breath...The name stumpy comes from a hole in the wall bar in the Boston area lol. When I first joined myo a couple of years ago I didn't want anyone to know if I was a guy or a women so I picked stumpy. Also my name is very unique and if anyone is on here from my area, they would know it was me. Thank for the laugh.
                    STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab, you are going to make me hit the bottle, I swear LMAO.
                      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 - you were expecting diamonds from a chicken?? :H :H
                        My grandson loves to run around & collect their tail feathers - I throw them out when he leaves :H

Glad to see everyone staying strong & making progress today
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1374675 wrote: K9 - you were expecting diamonds from a chicken?? :H :H
                          Yes! The size of an egg too! LOL

LOL at Stumpy and Lolab! OMG. Yeah, the name "stumpy" doesn't really conjure up images of a runway model! HA But Stumpy, I am SURE you are quite hot! You go girlfriend! :thumbsup
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

made it! First business trip without booze on flight home!!! yippee!!! And to top it off, my flight home was canceled but I managed to get on an even EARLIER flight so I am home an hour earlier than expected and time enough for me to make a meeting tonite!! You see, by staying sober, I didn't go to a bar after the meeting...hence I was at the airport early....hence I was able to squeeze onto the earlier flight....hence, home earlier than planned AND avoided having to fly from VT to Detroit to NY (only other option) which would have gotten me home in the middle of the night.
                            SO, It is directly the result of me being SOBER that all of this good luck happened to me today

:H:H
                            I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

that's awesome jenniech!
                              new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nice one Jen xx
                                Well done on giving up the smokes K9
                                Well i have a busy day ahead of me as my boys have thier sports carnival then 2 hours training of teeball (baseball for kids) so i know i will be too pooped to even think about drink when i get home tonight.
                                Day 6 for me and going strong xx
                                Well done Stumpy on your 7 days xx
                                :dancin: enguin:
                                starting over

Comment

Working...
                                X