Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Getting dark much earlier in my part of the world. Summer is nearly over just wish the air would cool off & dry up!

Congrats jennie - you are forging your new future
    Kisses from Stella for K9 & anyone who wants one :H
    Stumpy, ronnie - good job!

I'm going to settle down now to watch the DNC - politics before bedtime is probably not a great idea.
    Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jenn, Good for you. Now you can have a nice quiet, safe night. All that worrying for nuffin.
      AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
      AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, Ronnie! WELL DONE!! I actually went to dinner tonight, our usual place and I could see the waitress walking toward our table with a my wine (PG) as soon as she got to our table and went to put the wine down, I lifted my hand and said, I'll have a cranberry and club thanks. I thought she was going to faint lol
        STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

wow, stumpy - that's great - cutting her off before she even set it down....glad you had a good ole laugh earlier...:H and while we're at it, you might not know that I am "lola" b. not LO-lab....see "lola" - much more glamorous of an image, right? But honestly, I don't mind if you call me Lo - or lola or lolab....just have a pretty image, ok? And I'll work on mine of you.

jennie- super job - amazing how things work out!

ronnie....we'll be giving you that 7 day moon tomorrow!

Lav, not that far away but we so desperately need rain here! I'm sick of watering my newly planted grass!

Goodnight nesters...see ya on the flip side.
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

LolaB, LMFAO OMG...it's still looks like lolab to me...shrugging shoulders.
            It's funny, I got sick to my stomach when I saw the wine in her hand. I mean really sick. I don't ever want any waitress or bartender to know me so well that they stop asking (what can I get for you) Oh well I'm home now and happy.
            STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

yeah, I think we should be allowed to change our names after a few weeks of being sober...I'm pretty sure my mind was not in a good place when I came up with mine...

Every little experience like that in the restaurant is a little notch building your confidence...I don't think it's surprising that it felt that way to you...that was a tough situation and you handled it just fine - because you had a plan of knowing what you were going to order before the question was asked...and Byrdie stresses it - have your drink idea in mind - you saw how fast someone can "change" your mind for you....Good job. :-)
              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks lola, it really wasn't hard at all. I really don't want to drink anymore. I was thinking of changing my screen name too. lol
                STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Long day here Nesters!! Full time school and full time work will leave a person feeling like they are walking a tight rope but it's all good here. Very happy to see the happiness in the nest lately. Take care everyone!! Hope to catch-up with everyone soon one of these days.
                  Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's great stumpy! Taking control of our lives is soooo liberating isn't it?

Happy Friday all, I am feeling better after my rollercoaster of emotions week. Man, they present themselves out of the blue sometimes, but knowing what they are about really helps.

Quick check in before work, have a great day all.

IMT
                    new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

Just wanted to wish everyone a great AF Friday!
                      Hope everyone has a full plan in place for the weekend

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone, I finally had a good night sleep, I think the laughing all day long helped.
                        Itsmytime, when I get a craving, I really just come on here and it helps so much. You are doing great and so am I.
                        Lav, I have to go to my in-laws on Sunday. That is what you would call Alcohol heaven, the cup is never empty so I am making up a concoction and bringing it in a big sip cup and not going to think about it. I just don't want to drink anymore or right now. I have no desire. Have a great Friday.
                        STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Headlines: Stumpy no longer Grumpy!! I'm so happy that your head is in such a good place...now don't get complacent!!! Remember these good times and they will get you thru the days when you are singing the blues. You will never have 2 bad days in a row!!
                          Every one is doing so well, it just makes me proud...and if you are out there thinking that you can't do it...look at ALL of us, we didn't think we could either. Jump in, it is a much better place over here, and I have seen life from both sides now. It's cloud's illusions, I recall....ooops, didn't mean to break into song.
                          I hope you all are noticing that our very own LolaB is sliding into home plate on her one year anniversary! I hope she is getting her acceptance speech ready!!! What a ride we have had, no? Would you have ever thought you'd be giving advice in an AF forum???? In a million years??? I sure didn't. Dang, you just never know who your cell mates are going to be, eh, K9?? I'm sure she will be along with the Friday Pep Girls to say, as we've been taught from our Dear Lav....Friday...is just another day!
                          Hugs to all! MindPeace...B
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

"Would you have ever thought you'd be giving advice in an AF forum???? ":rofl2:

no Byrdie...no I never would have imagined it - two years ago - I honestly didn't think I'd live to see 50 years old. And I may not have if I kept it up. I'm not very big and to drink vodka the way I was - 24-7...I couldn't have kept it up much longer. ah well, I'll save the speech for later this month.

Everybody hang tough this weekend...somebody will always be here if you need someone to talk to.
                            ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady, trust me, I'm far from complacent. it's a struggle as you are well aware but it's less of a struggle when you finally make that decision to quit. My body is fighting it but my mind says HELL now we won't go. Thank god I never really liked going out on Fridays so tonight is no big deal for me. I'm always tired on Friday after the work week. My mother in-law's house is a different story. When I walk in her house, it could be 10am she hands me a glass of wine at the door. This Sunday will be a challenge for sure. I'm just happy to be in a good mood one more day.
                              STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back again after more wrestling with the Alcohol Porcupine. Always fun. Not sure why I can not just stop the damn thing. Seems like every week I go a few days AF and then feel euphoric about it and think what was I thinking about quitting for. I really want to go 30 days AF but stink at keeping with it.
                                Just trying again!

Comment

Working...
                                X