Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome back Gdog. This may be it for you. I'm only on day 8, the first two days were a walk in the park, day 3 was hard and 5 was just as bad but it didn't kill me. Why not say, I will not drink for 2 days and then keep adding to it? Just a thought. Oh boy am I going to be screwed up, I have Kdog and now there is Gdog lol.
    AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
    AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
    STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stumpy,
      Very good. I seem to have the same struggle with day 3 often. I can knock out 2 days but then...
      Day 8 is awesome. Alas I start again on day 1.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gdog,

Keep it up you if the will is there you will push through 30 days. I have tried to give up countless times, unfortunately I was more determined to give up after the worst hangovers and the baddest anxiety attacks after drinking.

So today I am celebrating 1 WEEK AF !!!!!!! (Hard to believe, its Friday and I am not even making plans to drink)

I would also like to congratulate KUYA on achieving the 1st week AF with me

and

Slay for half way to 30 days milestone
        Stumpy for making it to day 8
        Ronie
        on day 6
        K9
        on her 12th day NF

A special thanks goes to Byrdie
        for the toolbox and advice
        Dixon
        for inspiring me to join MWO

ALLAN K.
        AF since 1st Sep 2012
        NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Allen, you know you can do it, it you really want to. Good luck over the weekend. I'm going to power wash my house again lol
          STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Folks,

I'm new to the site and hopeful for better days! I welcome all the insite any of you may want to share. I have never admitted to having a problem with alcohol so I'm feeling a bit like a loser at present. Emotions all over the page and feeling like a lost child. Please tell me there is light at the end of this tunnel and joy in life ahead of me.
            :new: and would appreciate all the love and advise you have to offer. Thank you MWO family! Glad I found you today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!

Im Ready - Let me assure you there IS light at the end of the tunnel, and no it's not a train. And yes, there is joy to be found in everyday things. Remember, you did not get to this point with alcohol overnight, so you will not recover from it overnight either. Be patient with yourself and don't quit before the miracle happens. Don't expect it quickly though...slow and steady, ok?

I almost forgot:

:yougo::yougo:HAPPY FRIDAY!!!:yougo::yougo:

Weekends are just days and not excuses to drink! Stumpy, have fun with your super cleaning, if you get really bored you can feed your hair.

My kid turns 15 tomorrow, which is really weird because I am only 24. I should alert someone to that pheonomenon. LOL We are going to a costume party tomorrow night. I am not overly thrilled about it, but I will pretend to be. I guess we'll be Indians, I refused to spend a ton of money on "costumes"...at first we wanted to be Egyptians, but that was too hard to figure out. So, Indians it is..."HOW!" The people giving this party never have enough food or drinks...drives me up the wall. Don't host a dang party if you don't know how to do it. LOL And they insist on having one like every other weekend, you'd a thunk they'd learn to provide better by now. Geesh.

Lav - I'm still waiting for my egg sized diamond from Stella. LOL
              Byrdie - Are you baking anything this weekend? I know a certain imate that would like a cake with a file in it. LOL :devil:

Okay everyone, stay strong this weekend, stay busy and focused on your sobriety. Nobody wants to start over on day 1. You won't ever regret quitting drinking, just like I don't regret quitting smoking, even though I miss it *sometimes* it's not worth starting the battle over again. Hang in there everyone, you can do it!

xoxo
              K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome I'm Ready to Live Again, I can't tell you about the end of the tunnel, I'm sure someone else who has been sober for a longer period of time will be happy to join in and enlighten you. I can tell you there is light at the beginning of the tunnel. I'm on day 8 and feeling good, not great but good. Much better then hungover, it's actually fun to be sober. The best thing you can do is read back a few pages on the Newbies Nest and get to know some of our stories so you get to know what we have been through and MOST IMPORTANT stay on MWO.
                STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

just stalking K9 and lending my support to all Newbies!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, one day you have to tell me how in the hell did you end up with a 15 year old. I thought I was bad at 17 but 9? scratching head, just got bit by a snake :-o
                    STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

stumpy;1375073 wrote: K9, one day you have to tell me how in the hell did you end up with a 15 year old. I thought I was bad at 17 but 9? scratching head, just got bit by a snake :-o
                      Weird, isn't it? Careful stumpy, don't upset your hair.

Come on Mama, let's go see who else needs us. LOL
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for the kind words...I'm glad I found this forum and all of you! I make no promises but will do my best to be the best that I can be. I know this sounds really stupid but it makes me sad to think about quitting. I feel like I'm losing a long time friend that was always there for me in times of sorrow and need. Yeah, I said it was stupid! I'm an alcoholic not an idiot....lol. Kids are raised, no SO in my life and what can I say....I'm really lonely. Hard to say goodbye to one more thing in my life...good or bad, change is hard. I hope with the support of my new friends I will not feel alone on this journey.
                        :new: and would appreciate all the love and advise you have to offer. Thank you MWO family! Glad I found you today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 & Stumpy you make me laugh ! Is it even possible to have a kid at 9???

I had the worst nightmare a few days back, I dreamt I was drunk, how weird is that. Went through all the emotions, thinking how could i give in, and how i need to start on day 1 again. Then I woke up and could not stop smiling

Thanks guys

ALLAN
                          AF since 1st Sep 2012
                          NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm Ready To Live Again;1375088 wrote: Thank you for the kind words...I'm glad I found this forum and all of you! I make no promises but will do my best to be the best that I can be. I know this sounds really stupid but it makes me sad to think about quitting. I feel like I'm losing a long time friend that was always there for me in times of sorrow and need. Yeah, I said it was stupid! I'm an alcoholic not an idiot....lol. Kids are raised, no SO in my life and what can I say....I'm really lonely. Hard to say goodbye to one more thing in my life...good or bad, change is hard. I hope with the support of my new friends I will not feel alone on this journey.

I am ready I know exactly how you feel. I was in the same position a week ago. Was ashamed to share my experience withmy friends and family. BTW loneliness is one of the biggest triggers of relapse. Stay with us, read, write and when you are ready I am sure MWO will be here with you all the way.

BTW if you need any advice on how to quit I have just written a post about my experience in my first week AF. It wasnt easy but i feel so empowered and happy with myself, for the first time in a while. (Check out Just Starting Out
                            forum)

ALLAN
                            AF since 1st Sep 2012
                            NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gdog;1375038 wrote: Back again after more wrestling with the Alcohol Porcupine. Always fun. Not sure why I can not just stop the damn thing. Seems like every week I go a few days AF and then feel euphoric about it and think what was I thinking about quitting for. I really want to go 30 days AF but stink at keeping with it.
                              Just trying again!
                              I am just really ready for it! I've tried and failed. This time my mindset was just different. I rrrreeeaaaallllllyyyyyy want it! I can't be happy or functional with it. I want to see the sunshine again...I mean really see and enjoy it. Enough embarrassment, regrets and I owe this to my daughter as well. I can't stand the thought of hurting her if something happens to me because I am making bad choices. It's unacceptable for me.
                              Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm Ready, I lurked on here for a long time until I got fed up with the shakes in the morning and Oh God the anxiety was getting so bad that I couldn't function. So I dropped the bottle 8 days ago. It's true, you have to really want to quit in order to do so. When I didn't drink and just got divorced years ago, I took photograhpy classes, I got my Reiki certificate, I joined a poetry class and met so many interesting people and really enjoyed myself, by myself. Now, the drinking seems to have fried my brain but I'm going to start excerising it again.
                                STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Working...
                                X