Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I'm Ready To Live Again;1375058 wrote: Hello Folks,

I'm new to the site and hopeful for better days! I welcome all the insite any of you may want to share. I have never admitted to having a problem with alcohol so I'm feeling a bit like a loser at present. Emotions all over the page and feeling like a lost child. Please tell me there is light at the end of this tunnel and joy in life ahead of me.
    Invest in a pair of sunglasses! It's fabo! Stop the negative self talk unless you use it in a past tense way to motivate you to change. Otherwise, thinking of yourself in the present that way will lead to punishing yourself or not thinking you are worth it which YOU certainly are!

Make up your mind, then make the goals even if day one is hour by hour that you will not drink. Don't allow yourself a choice or your mind any room to wiggle. Smack those thoughts out pronto and be prepared you aren't going to feel good at first. There are suggestions around for supplements. I'll leave that to the real supplement pros.
    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm Ready, we are so glad you have joined us. Every single one of us hated to give up our 'best friend'. What we didn't realize is that our BFF was actually killing us. It only takes a few short days of being alcohol free to begin to see that light. If you will look back at Lolab's post, the link to the Tool Box is there in here by-line. There's 100's of tips and tricks to get you underway. Just like when you start out on any trip, you need a plan. Get all the AL out of your house. No, you don't 'need' a safety net. You can't fool me, I used that until I was blue in the face! Surround yourself with things you like to eat. Keep yourself hydrated and keep your tummy full. Hunger and thirst are not your friend right now. BELIEVE in yourself. You can do this. You must do it, and we are here to help. You have landed in THE best possible place if you are serious about getting your life back. We are sick of this ride and we want to get off, so welcome!!
      Allan, I am so proud of you!!! 7 days....this entitles you to a full moon from the Nest!!!
      :moon: Remember at 30 days, you get a hat!
      So glad to see everyone!!! K9, you should get your own show...you are killin it these days!! Love to all, B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, let's prepare for a strike...K9's got better writers than the both of US! :H
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

bwhahahaha!! Lola, your'e right!!! We should hold out for better material!!! XO, B
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aww thanks Byrdie and Lolab! I just went out to lunch with my old department...OMG I laughed so hard I think all my makeup fell off. HA Talk about a bunch of nutty people all in one group. The new girl said "they talk about you all the time", and she kept kind of giving me that sideways glance all throughout lunch. What can I say, I'm a hard act to follow. HAHAHA

Well today has been a fun day....now I just have to kill the next 2.5 hours and the weekend will be here! :happy:
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, I think she wants you! Did you get the new jailer job????
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

No Jailer job for me...they ended up hiring the guy that was working there part time. Ah well, I have my eye on two new opportunities. One is for Community Services Officer which is a fake cop and the other is Circulation Supervisor at the Library. I am really hoping for the Library one....the application period closes on Monday so they can start reviewing applications. The only down side to the Library is that I am too loud. I would have to find my "inside voice".... :dunno:
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK K9 - here ya go :H :H

Hello & welcome I'm ready!
                  Glad you found the nest, please amke yourself comfortable. There's plenty of butt velcro here to keep you from falling
                  Be sure you download the MWO book from the Health store here on the site. It has lots of good info to help you get started. Don't just wish for success, plan for it & you won't be sorry.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Heading to bed AF. Big smile.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have a great weekend Nesters!!! Another weekend of working for me. But I love it!! Take care everyone and post if you feel like your in trouble. Weekends are rough. And it's a challenge especially when seasons are changing. Post early and post often. Hope to catch-up with nest when I get time. So happy to see laughter and soo much progress moving on in the nest. Great job everyone!
                      Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks finallydone! Weekends are a killer for me. But I am AF this weekend and loving it !!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope everyone else is doing OK this weekend !!! :

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters,

It's wonderful to be up bright and early with a clear head and rested.

I'm ready - what's helping me this time quitting - been "trying" for four years - is that I have shifted my thinking to be grateful that I don't have to drink anymore rather than that I am giving something up and feeling deprived. It is liberating and the freedom of being AF is amazing. No more hangovers, anxiety, shame, guilt, bloat, this is what we are giving up not the glamorous vision of AL that is all over the media.

When a rough day presents itself, I am pushing through it without AL and feeling stronger every day because of that. Also, I am not forgetting why I choose not to drink anymore, I love me when I am sober, when I drink, not so much.

Keep coming here, it's a great place for support. It's helped me get to 55 days today!
                            new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night Nesters and thanks for all the posts!!! Its 9.45pm in OZ. Catch you all tommorrow! :thanks: Well done itsmytime on 55 days just awsome!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

itsmytime;1375391 wrote: Good morning nesters,

It's wonderful to be up bright and early with a clear head and rested.

I'm ready - what's helping me this time quitting - been "trying" for four years - is that I have shifted my thinking to be grateful that I don't have to drink anymore rather than that I am giving something up and feeling deprived. It is liberating and the freedom of being AF is amazing. No more hangovers, anxiety, shame, guilt, bloat, this is what we are giving up not the glamorous vision of AL that is all over the media.

When a rough day presents itself, I am pushing through it without AL and feeling stronger every day because of that. Also, I am not forgetting why I choose not to drink anymore, I love me when I am sober, when I drink, not so much.

Keep coming here, it's a great place for support. It's helped me get to 55 days today!
                                congratulations Itsmytime, on 55 days and it sounds like you are well on your way to at least day 20,000.

So very good to hear your new perception, it is amazing to flip that switch. The last time I quit I was just seeing what it was like to be sober, this time I KNOW I NEVER want to ingest alcohol EVER again.

It is NOT NORMAL to ingest poison, just common. No other animalon the planet voluntarily ingests poison...... Jeez sometimes us humans are so stupid!

Comment

Working...
                                X