Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

kuya;1375396 wrote: congratulations Itsmytime, on 55 days and it sounds like you are well on your way to at least day 20,000.

So very good to hear your new perception, it is amazing to flip that switch. The last time I quit I was just seeing what it was like to be sober, this time I KNOW I NEVER want to ingest alcohol EVER again.

It is NOT NORMAL to ingest poison, just common. No other animalon the planet voluntarily ingests poison...... Jeez sometimes us humans are so stupid!
    Hi Kuya,

Congrats on day 8. Regarding humans being the only mamals who are addicted to alcohol, there are monkeys on some Caribbean island that developed a habit of drinking daily. There was a documentary about them stealing drinks from the sunbathing tourist and then passing out on the beach. LOL

There were also cases of unresponsible people purposely training their pets to drink, to keep them company. So they never have to drink alone!

ALLAN
    AF since 1st Sep 2012
    NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

It is offical. Mornings are better AF. Humbly starting day 2.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Awaiting strong, gusty thunder storms around here so I guess I'll just hide inside until it blows over

Gdog, AF, unhung mornings are preferable
        Hang in there, it gets better & better!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Saturday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! Well lav your rain finally made it here...so I'll do some stuff inside today I guess too.

I got hit with a strong drinking thought yesterday afternoon! What the heck? I had to run to the school at 9:30 so good thing I fought the urge. I hadn't seriously considered it but the thought was there.

How's everybody doing this weekend? If those thoughts come into your head hop on here and talk about it ok?
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lola,
            Just remember this:
            A thought is just a thought, you don't have to act on it. Push it right out of your head, that's what I do

With the promise of cooler weather in the 50's moving in tonight my thoughts are turning to a pot of black bean & corn soup & some really good crusty bread. I'll be in the kitchen today making those thoughts come true
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1375397 wrote: Hi Kuya,

Congrats on day 8. Regarding humans being the only mamals who are addicted to alcohol, there are monkeys on some Caribbean island that developed a habit of drinking daily. There was a documentary about them stealing drinks from the sunbathing tourist and then passing out on the beach. LOL

There were also cases of unresponsible people purposely training their pets to drink, to keep them company. So they never have to drink alone!

ALLAN
              And we(humans) have addicted rats in labs, and those monkeys were already effectively pets to the bar keepers who fed them to keep them coming back to entertain the tourists. The fact that WE humans can induce addiction in animals does not negate my statement that no other mammal voluntarily ingests poison.

But yay us on day 8

Comment

Newbies Nest

itsmytime;1375391 wrote:

I'm ready - what's helping me this time quitting - been "trying" for four years - is that I have shifted my thinking to be grateful that I don't have to drink anymore rather than that I am giving something up and feeling deprived. It is liberating and the freedom of being AF is amazing. No more hangovers, anxiety, shame, guilt, bloat, this is what we are giving up not the glamorous vision of AL that is all over the media.
                That is so true! And congrats on your 55 days!!

Today is day 36 for me, and I am headed to the beach for a couple of days. This will be the first beach trip in MY ENTIRE ADULTHOOD that I will be AF. I already popped my Antabuse, so no chance of drinking. I am planning to take long walks on the beach and get some good reading and relaxing in. I am soo ready for this. It's so weird to not have to plan the whole trip around drinking. I am an obsessive planner, so usually I'm figuring out the bar/transportation thing way in advance. Now I don't have to. I can drive wherever I want, whenever I want. I don't have to say that I am just PLANNING on getting up early to watch the sunrise - now I can say it with confidence because I won't have a hangover to stop me.

If I had known how great sober life was, I most certainly would have started this sooner. I can't tell you how many opportunities have been opened because of getting sober. Just like itsmytime's quote above, this whole AF thing is making me so grateful for what I'm getting from this, and I'm really starting to see that the things I thought I would miss are not worth having in the first place.

Have a great weekend, everyone!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone, I can't believe I made to day 9.
                  Lola, I had a strong craving last night, they come out of no where. I just downed my cranberry juice, it helped.
                  Ronnie, WTG on day 36, you made it past a month! Have fun at the beach.
                  AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                  AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                  STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Stumpy!! And congrats to you on Day 9! You've made it through the worst part, and all that poison is out of your body. Now to focus on your mind :-)

By the way, don't confuse "Rooni" with "Ronnie!" I'd hate to steal anyone's thunder LOL

Everyone, keep in the beast in his cage this weekend. Don't feed the bastard. Let him scream all he wants. Don't give in!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rooni, I'm so sorry for the calling you Ronnie, I'm getting ready to go to my mother in-laws and I'm a little afraid, it's 10:24 am here and I'm sure she'll be buzzed whe we get there but I have to tough it out and go for my husband. I'm bringing my own homemade AF cocktail. Day 9 is still young so I have to be strong. Have a great day.
                      AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                      AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

stumpy;1375431 wrote: Rooni, I'm so sorry for the calling you Ronnie, I'm getting ready to go to my mother in-laws and I'm a little afraid, it's 10:24 am here and I'm sure she'll be buzzed whe we get there but I have to tough it out and go for my husband. I'm bringing my own homemade AF cocktail. Day 9 is still young so I have to be strong. Have a great day.
                        Don't drink. No madda who, no madda what (thanks Byrdie). You can do this. Be strong. If I can do this, SO CAN YOU!

:rockon:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Itsmytime, you sound like a totally different person than when you first started...I am so proud of you....Lav, let's look in the prize closet and see what you get for 55 BIG days?? :nanner: Here you go! A 'way to go' from Stella (Lav's prize chicken!!). So proud of everyone...hang tough, you will NEVER regret NOT drinking!!! I promise!
                          XO, B
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Having issues with the Mac today and last night - on iPad. Quick post til I have more time to say doing fine, TTDP, and Day 19. :-)
                            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

PF, I'm so happy to see your post! It's it wonderful when we finally get out of our own way and get to experience success! Hugs to you!! B
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey,
                                What's everyone up to today?

I've been busy with family stuff ~ working my butt off but having fun
                                I hope everyone checks in soon, wishing a good & safe night in the Nest for one & all!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X