Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Lav. :-)

I love how your family is always doing stuff together.

Going to the basement for a workout as its raining cats and dogs outside!
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!!!!

Where is everyone???
      I'm sending Stella out on a serach & resue mission

Wishing a great AF Sunday for everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOLA!

Good to see you
        The rain is over here ~ nice out now!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just like I planned, I got up early and went to the beach to watch the sunrise. I sat there are thought about how thankful I am to be sober. I thougt about how many positive changes I've made in my life these 37 AF days. Life is too short to waste any more time in the bottle. The best buzz in the world comes from sobriety!

I hope everyone has a sober day and finds the strength to tell the beast go F himself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, you must have been hearing echoes...os...os...os....os....nobody around!

awesome Rooni! at least one of us stuck to our plan. Instead of going to the basement, I made myself a smoothie and hopped on pinterest. :-)

ah well, I'll work out in a bit after my food digests...(and I pin a few more things...) :H
            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning!! Yuk, very bad cravings yesterday afternoon.....I don't understand why they randomly hit me like that now. But forced family fun saved me!! My husband insisted that we all go to a movie even though none of us really wanted to go.... It was a documentary called Searching for Sugar Man... What a wonderful story...very bittersweet but very feel good. My 12 and 17 year olds even liked it!! It is the story of Rodriguez, a musician from late 60s/early 70s....anyway, as soon as I sat down in the theater with my popcorn and seltzer, the cravings disappeared and I was so happy to be spending time with my family on a Saturday night!! When I was drinking, I NEVER went to the movies. My husband would always take the kids without me so I could stay home and drink, drink, drink by myself. So, I feel good today but a little upset at the same time that I had such bad cravings on my 28th day AF....
              It is a beautiful day here so I am venturing outside where I hope to stay for most of the day! Have a great Sunday!!!
              I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

wait, tuesday is day 30 so today is day 28, yesterday was day 27....
                Important lesson learned: very bad craving? Switch your scenery...
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

no, i was right the first time....there were 31 days in august so day 30 for me is monday, right? Oi Vey!!!!!
                  I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav and Lola....Sounds like a lounge act at the Holiday Inn! I'm here, too. I was busy yesterday making glazed donuts! I must say, they were killer! Almost worth the 2 pounds I gained thru product testing!
                    Jenn...Well done on working that craving...I must tell you, at 20 months sober, they still hit out of the blue...I wish I could tell you they go away, but I can tell you that switching the props around DOES help! I change my thinking immediately and that's how I cope. I do not sit there and LONG for the days, that doesn't do any good and just makes me blue, so changing that thought path is what I do, and so far, so good! Most of the time I sail along just fine, don't let a thought lead you down the path to hell. I know you won't, but I just have to say that....I think THIS is your time. So proud of you!
                    Stay strong and take the option of AL out of the picture. Zero tolerance!! It's a much happier place! Love to all, B
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

So Sunday morning and still AF. Do not trust myself anylonger. But I know I can do it again. Byrdie Zero Tolerance is it for me. Just I am back to the begginning. I am not going to count or post my days. I know I am staying AF. It is our own thoughts we have to deal with.
                      Goal
                      I am starting over as of Sept 6
                      SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
                      be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
                      be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
                      be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
                      Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
                      Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
                      I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rooni - good for you

Jennie - save yourself some grief & use the calculator JC posted in General this morning :H :H

Date Duration Calculator: Days between two dates

Greeting Bydrdie & Litre!
                        Glazed donuts sound good despite the calories

These words helped me to get & stay sober......

Keep your thoughts positive because they become your words
                        Keep your words positive because they become your behaviors
                        Keep your behaviors positive because they become your values
                        Keep your values positive because they become your destiny

-Gandhi
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

:what?: Where is everyone today?
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

I don't know, Miss Lav! Hugs to you this fall-like Sunday! xo, B
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow ...just the lav and Lola show again...

Hello out there!!!!
                              ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bahaha!!! Lola, you belong on the stage....one leaves in about 30 minutes....Love ya, B
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X