Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!

Welcome Poppy! Wow, in reading your story I am so impressed how well you deal with everything, you definitely have a lot on your plate. You already know that alcohol doesn't help anything, so I won't bother saying it (wait, I just did huh?). Anyway, welcome to the Nest and MWO...please stick around and keep on posting...we love to hear from you!

Kuya - I guess I'm a senior, although I take offense to that word. J/K I used to use chat quite a bit in the evenings and there would be 10-12 people on there. I haven't been on in a while though. I think because we are all spread out all over the world, it's hard to find a time that works for everyone. Keep trying though, because eventually you'll find others on there! Your sons comment must have really stopped you in your tracks huh? My daughter used to say things that felt like a knife twisting in my heart. You are doing great, keep it up!!

Hi Stella! Gotta say Hi to my chicken buddy! Where's my diamond? LOL

Lav, Byrdie, Lolab, FD, Stumpy, Jennie, Allan, Onered, MamaB and everyone else...have a wonderful day (is it ONLY Tuesday??).

Oh, I almost forgot (yeah right): NO SMOKES FOR 16 DAYS AND 53 MINUTES! :happy:

xoxo
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all...I am still trying to get the hang of navigating around the site, still not sure if I am doing this correctly. Thank you all for the responses. The absolute horror of my actions still ringing loudly in my heart. Part of me wanting desperately to be able to recall the details and the other part thankful that I can't. Praying every night since my episode that my friend doesn't spill his guts to his wife or anyone else and unravel both of our marriages and our group of friends. Alcohol is not my friend....I got a very loud and clear wake up call and I am going to run with it. It is time for me to wise up and get myself on track....I behaved in such a way that is so out of character for me under the influence of alchol that I am completely ashamed of myself. I don't want to hang my head low anymore. I want to be the person I used to be and the person I know I have the potential to be, and it is very clear that alcohol has done enough damage. I am taking back my life!
      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
      ~Author Unknown
      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes Oneredshoe! That's the attitude to have! You're right, alcohol is NOT your friend, it's your worst enemy and it has robbed you of money, time and your own self-worth. But no more! You can do this! I have many episodes from my drinking days that I couldn't decide if I actually wanted to remember, or just be happy that I couldn't (the whole "ignorance is bliss" theory). Just think, by not drinking anymore you NEVER have to go through this again! You CAN do this. Remember your hatred for alcohol. It will try to lure you back in, but don't be deceived...it will still be the bastard it always was.

Keep up your good work and stick close!

K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9.....thanks for the encouragement! I am soooo glad and thankful I found this site! It is exactly what I need! You are so right alcohol has robed me of so much....I have robed myself of so much by choosing to consume alcohol. No MORE.....I am going to go enjoy the beautiful day with my most amazing dog. Thank you so much....
          "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
          ~Author Unknown
          AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Poppy, and glad to see you back OneRed!! You've landed in the best possible spot if you are serious about getting AL out of your life. We here in the nest HATE it and what it has done to us and our friends. So settle in. This is a hard site to navigate!! Just play with it you will eventually get to where you want to go....also feel free to ask, we have some experts aboard!! I still don't know how to post a picture or a link or start a new thread...but I still seem to get by!
            Allan, you are the poster child for making this look easy! You and K9 are neck and neck on the cigarette thing aren't you? How many minutes has it been K9? You are both doing great. Allan, it was on Day 13 that something clicked in my head and I knew this was something I could do on a go-forward!! Only 2 more days til you are there...it is a blessing that it gets easier...if it stayed as hard as the first 12 days NOBODY could do it!! So hang tight and tough!
            Welcome all and don't blow your quit no matter what and no matter who!!! xo, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

OneRed, we are ALL thankful we found this site...we owe our sobriety to it, at least I do. You don't know how much you depend on it until you are on vacation or some such and can't get to it! It is THE reason I am sober today!! So glad you are with us. B
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roll Call 911/12

Good Morning, All.

Day 2 for me.

I know Roll Call is probably dead now, but I'm back in "the camp" and find it helpful to post this way to mark progress. And Pinecone, thanks for the empathy. You're right, the edge can come on strong with AL so I'm fooling myself when I say AL mellows me out. What it really does is turn me into a zombie which is oh so lame. No more.

Tonight is my weekly bluegrass jam night. The goal is to go in and depart clean.
                Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Byrd,

If I wake up on Thursday a new man I will definitely let you know. So far it has been moderately easy with the exception of day 5. I was talking with Kuya earlier; it’s going a lot easier than we anticipated. Now we need to make sure we don’t blow it by being too cocky about our achievement.

Yes, K9
                  is doing really well; she is 5 days ahead of me in the race.

We were also discussing the unused chat room. I am really surprised that no one uses it. May be we need to organise a date and a time for a meetup, possibly on a weekend??? Is anyone interested?

ALLAN
                  AF since 1st Sep 2012
                  NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Fin, love that name. WTG on day 2.! I did 8 and then screwed up on 9th now I guess I'm on day 3 again. I just want you to know that I am here to support you as best I can. Wishing you strength!
                    AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                    AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                    STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Onered, I think you are being too hard on yourself. I think it's great that you realize the AL is starting to enter places in your life that you wish it didn't, however, it's time to turn the page,
                      The fact that you are on this site speaks volumes, Stay close and continue to let us know how you are doing. We're all here for you.
                      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

stumpy;1376763 wrote: Welcome Fin, love that name. WTG on day 2.! I did 8 and then screwed up on 9th now I guess I'm on day 3 again. I just want you to know that I am here to support you as best I can. Wishing you strength!
                        Thanks, Stumpy...I'm battling my mind so hard right now. I must confess. I did have a beer last night, but that was it vs. polishing off an entire 6'er. So, I still count that as a major success, but it's not 100% abstinence. My battle right now is can I allow myself to do that again tonight when I'm out playing music.

I think I need to allow myself to ease into this thing this time around and not punish the holy hell out of myself for just having a beer or two. My real goal is to stop binging and stop drinking every night. Shit...shit...I guess we all go through this stage and either succeed or fail. Most fail, I think. I did when I wasn't holding myself accountable this summer.

One thing for sure is that I know I need this site to keep it under control...to maintain accountability. My hope now is that you all won't think of me as a hypocrite, especially since the rest of you are going for it 100%.
                        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin, before you got here, didn't you try to control it? After you were here and left, didn't you try to control it again? You can spend a lifetime chasing this illusion that you can control that which already has control of us. Have you ever heard of a heroin addict that was able to just use moderately? In the world of addiction, there isn't any middle ground, you feed the addiction or you don't. I never drank harder than I did the year I tried to moderate. This is a journey for each person to take, but I gave it an honest shot, and I've been around here long enough to see for myself, once a pickle, never a cumcumber.

In my opinion, the best course of action is to cut off the food supply and it will eventually die away. But like a stray cat, once you feed it, it's yours. We will support whatever way you choose, but I fear that you are bargaining with the devil...and he always wins. Alcohol always wins. Byrdie
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin, I hear you, I slipped a bit on Saturday, I'm not beating myself up anymore. I had 3 tiny wines and OMG! the next day I was so sick, between the guilt and the acid, it just didn't feel like it was worth it. You are here for a reason just as I am. We'll get it together.

I love Bluegrass music, my husband and I use to go to the Blue Grass festival in Hillsdale NY. loved it.
                            STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1376661 wrote:

Kuya - Your sons comment must have really stopped you in your tracks huh? My daughter used to say things that felt like a knife twisting in my heart. You are doing great, keep it up!!

Oh, I almost forgot (yeah right): NO SMOKES FOR 16 DAYS AND 53 MINUTES! :happy:

xoxo
                              K9
                              Congrats again on the smokes. Was it harder or easier or the same as quitting alcohol?

My son's comment really hurt! But I realize now the reason this forum and AA etc work is because this is the ONLY place where people really care when you DON'T drink ....... The world only cares when we DO

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi stumpy, you all good mate?

Comment

Working...
                                X