Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

good morning everyone!! I feel much better today. I also realize why i was feeling so down in the dumps yesterday: 1. 9/11; 2. past couple of days I have been feeling so good that I decreased my dose of zoloft. STUPID. When I told my doctor I wanted to stop drinking several months ago, she suggested I increase my dosage from 50 mg to 75mg. So, for a few months now, i am up to 75mg. three days ago, i decided (pretty absentmindedly) to bring it back down to 50 mg now that I have been sober a month.

hmmmm....i would love to stop taking zoloft. Ironically, I started taking it because of 9/11 (I was personally involved in WTC disaster) That is a LONG TIME to be on zoloft regardless of how low a dosage I take! But, I think perhaps it is too soon to confront that. After being AF for a few months rather than just 30 days, perhaps then would be a better time to scale back on the zoloft. I also have that stupid 3 to 4 cigarettes a day habit that I want to get rid of.....

so much to do!!!

So, today I have to go in to the city for a work event that I am involved in organizing. There will be a panel discussion (big yawn) followed by a cocktail reception in the lovely seaport area. My plan: arrive early to help set up and register people as they come; stay for panel discussion; then, when everyone is frantically getting to the bar for their drinks, I will just slip away. No way am I going to stay for an open bar cocktail reception where you can drink all the booze you want for FREE. I am hightailing it out of there!!!!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!
    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1377016 wrote: My plan: arrive early to help set up and register people as they come; stay for panel discussion; then, when everyone is frantically getting to the bar for their drinks, I will just slip away. No way am I going to stay for an open bar cocktail reception where you can drink all the booze you want for FREE. I am hightailing it out of there!!!!
      !
      A very good plan Jen, stay the heck away from it for a while, you are doing so good.

Glad you are feeling better today. I just posted on Patrice's thread on 'feeling flat and glum'. I can't copy it here on my iPad but I wonder if you would nip over and read it and give me your thoughts.

Thanks

KY

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Happy Hump Day
        Waking up sober on a clear almost crip Fall-like day is just awesome!

jennie, better to hang in there with the Zoloft for a while longer. After a few more AF months you will really begin to feel your inner strength that was hidden by AL for so long. Good plan for dodging the cocktail party

Greetings Poppy, Kuya, kradle & everyone dropping in today.
        Wishing everyone a terrific AF Wednesday!
        I'm off to go spend the day watching my two busy grandsons!!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning! I don't realy have anything productive to say I guess, so I'll just say that.

Lots going on in Lola-land this week - but I'm doin ok despite these weather/hormonal/allergy headaches...ugh.

At least I know what they're NOT from. :-)

I'll try to pop in later.
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes...I'm sure we ALL have more baggage than Delta!

I lost my brother, too, when I was 13 and he was 17....it was a defining moment, as they say....and Kradle you couldn't be more right, while 40 years have passed, I will still carry that loss and hurt to the finish line. BUT, I will be sober in doing it!!! 2 lives lost isn't a win.

Thanks for helping me work thru that a little bit....be kind to yourself today and do NOT drink! Love, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm in suck-ville. Emotions are raw. Nerves are raw. Everything feels painful and anxious and somehow I managed to really piss off the SO as a result of my heightened state of everything feeling like sandpaper on my emotions...I told him he'd hurt me - turns out I'd misunderstood something he said and so took it to a conclusion that wasn't true - and he's all pissed off now....

But I'm not going to make today suck worse with AL. Day 22. I TTDP. My life is better without the AL. But wow - my nerves feel as raw and as exposed as my hands in January without mittens...
              That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
              Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
              AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!

I don't have much to say or report today either Lolab! But I will say this: I notice a lot of ups and downs with emotions the last couple of days, and that is OKAY...that is life. They've always been there, but we numbed them out in the past with alcohol. Now we are experiencing them and it is perfectly fine. Ride them out and know that nothing stays the same forever. The bad will pass, have faith in that. Anytime I get down, I look at what I've accomplished:

Alcohol free for: 261 days
                Smoke free for: 17 days

I never thought it would happen, but it IS happenening. Like Byrdie says, you'll never regret quitting drinking. And yes Lav, I'm RIGHT behind you on the smokes...only about what, 1180 days behind you? LOL

Hang in there everyone

K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey Prairie, I remember seeing the exit for suck-ville - but I put my foot on the gas and kept right on until Lola-land...;-) Suck-ville didn't sound too appealing - I think they need some work on their public image....maybe starting with a new name? Besides, I think I was there before - a long time ago...your description sounds vaguely familiar....and it's not a place I want to go again. The good thing is, the dining there is so dreadful, you won't ever want to return....Suck-ville businesses don't have too many repeat customers.

all kidding aside - I'm feeling for all who are going through a difficult time. We are all here because we all share this awful common bond - but it always helps to know that we're not alone.:l
                  ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,
                    Haven't posted in a few days, but still AF and doing ok. I say ok because I am still going through the roller coaster of emotions. It helps that my hubby is supportive and understands.

PF - it sounds like you are going through PAWS as well. We will get through it and be that much more happier once these episodes get weaker and finally stop.

Tomorrow is Day 60 for me and I know when I hit Day 90 the PAWS will still be there but not as intense. The reward is a long, peaceful, healthy life.

IMT
                    new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey Itsmytime -

What's PAWS?

I've missed that one?
                      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Prairie - it's Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms. They are symptoms that we can experience loooong after quitting...but recognizing them for what they are definitely helps.

Here is an article that Jackie Claire linked to in another thread. “I’ve been clean for a while, why do I still feel dodgy?” A must read! - Member Blog - Wired In
                        ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS)

another good one
                          ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Syndrome, I guess - but there are Symptoms.....
                            ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am SO SORRY for the repeated posts!

here is a thread about it:
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...pse-41960.html

and here is an article that unwasted linked to awhile back...(where IS that girl???)
                              PAWS ? Digital Dharma
                              ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night Nesters!

To my surprise I have not had any major cravings since day 5. However, the emotional highs and lows are getting pretty bad. One day or one moment I can be feeling great and for no reason my good mood would swing wildly and hit the ground to shatter into a million pieces.

I didn’t give up alcohol to develop a bipolar disease. Still, not even considering drinking to balance out my mental state, just wishing it to go away. I guess sleep is the best medicine.

See you all tomorrow.

ALLAN
                                AF since 1st Sep 2012
                                NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Working...
                                X