Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Allan, your emotions will be all over the place. I went from feeling perfectly capable to being reduced to tears! One minute strong, the next I could drink my weight in wine... please hang tight, your emotions are about to smooth on out. This is why Day 13 is so important....give yourself a chance to cleanse out all the crap that's in your carborator! I will go out on a Newbie Nest limb here...you will NEVER have 2 bad days in a row...so hang in! You are doing a stellar job! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters, BL and K9 thanks so much for your continued support for those of us still struggling! I have been doing OK, still learning and notching up af days. I am really worried about today though, I have to accompany the police to Pick Up one of my grandchildren wanted for theft and a broken bond! A beautiful child gone wrong. He has asbergus and by a court order a few years ago was placed with his father to live, a drug addict and al himselfl!!!! He will be placed in custody until his court case to face charges. He is only 13 yo. It is just so sad! Thank you for listening, this will be one of the most difficult things a grand father could have to do.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Boozer - sending LOVE to you today.
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Boozer...what a tough hand of cards you have been dealt. If I may say from some very recent experience, my being sober WAS the glue that held my family together. My strength was essential to get people where they needed to be...myself included. The last thing we could have taken, was for me to be down for the count. I was present for my family, I made good solid decisions...you can, too. There is NO more comfort to be found in a bottle...only hurt and pain, as you can see. Your strength will guide others and be an example. I will be thinking of you and your grandson...B
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1377259 wrote: Good night Nesters!

To my surprise I have not had any major cravings since day 5. However, the emotional highs and lows are getting pretty bad. One day or one moment I can be feeling great and for no reason my good mood would swing wildly and hit the ground to shatter into a million pieces.

I didn?t give up alcohol to develop a bipolar disease. Still, not even considering drinking to balance out my mental state, just wishing it to go away. I guess sleep is the best medicine.

See you all tomorrow.

ALLAN
            I'm on day 21 and just went through five days of living hell. I hear you when you say, "I didn't give up alcohol to become bipolar. WHOA!!! I don't want to drink, though. I don't have a craving; my mind is just saying wtf to me after this major swing. I think I better send God some flowers...or would that be a new bass boat?

Love to you all in your struggles.
            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Humble Pie

Hey guys/gals,

Thanks for putting up with all my raging and pontificating yesterday. You were ALL right, dang it. I tried to pull the moderation card at the jam last night and no-go. I guess I had to go through all that brain damage to come to the inevitable conclusion that I've got to commit 100%. I will and when I do, I'll be here. Thanks again...
              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

A big hello to all my peeps! I am so sorry that I have been MIA for a couple of weeks but I am happy to say that I am still AF....52 days....YAY! There is so much that I have to fill everyone in on and soooo much catching up that I have to do on here...but I am getting ready to head out to an AA meeting so I will be back on tonight. I do have a question though....has anyone had a side effect of acne while on antabuse?? I have never had problems with my skin...I was always very lucky with that. Well, here I am at 42 years old and dealing with acne...WTF????? I am totally freaking out about this!!! I thought perhaps it had to do with a trip that I took to Florida 3 weeks ago which was extemely stressful but my face is still breaking out no matter what I put on it!!!!!!!!! If anyone else has gone throught this..please let me know!!!!!
                AB Club Member
                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Destiniey;1377311 wrote: A big hello to all my peeps! I am so sorry that I have been MIA for a couple of weeks but I am happy to say that I am still AF....52 days....YAY! There is so much that I have to fill everyone in on and soooo much catching up that I have to do on here...but I am getting ready to head out to an AA meeting so I will be back on tonight. I do have a question though....has anyone had a side effect of acne while on antabuse?? I have never had problems with my skin...I was always very lucky with that. Well, here I am at 42 years old and dealing with acne...WTF????? I am totally freaking out about this!!! I thought perhaps it had to do with a trip that I took to Florida 3 weeks ago which was extemely stressful but my face is still breaking out no matter what I put on it!!!!!!!!! If anyone else has gone throught this..please let me know!!!!!
                  Dang, 52 days...I'd be there too if I didn't cave after 14. Fantastic job and very inspiring (52 days not the acne -- sorry to hear that). Keep it up
                  Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                  Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's a bitch, Fin....we ALL wanted that. Acceptance is a BIG step! So all is NOT lost....we are here when you are ready! B
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya all,

PF = the going's good.. you are doing so well!!
                      As are we all...Destiney = great on 52 days, nearly 2 months
                      I'm still on the track, racking up the AF days.(22) Like a lot here at the moment, my mood swings wildly at the moment. Is that PAWS... or is that something to look forward to later??
                      Think I'm feeling better today, ( but not sure yet)
                      Have a great day/night all
                      Patrice

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Destiniey - I found this Antabuse (Disulfiram) Drug Overview of Side Effects and Precautions for Patients and Caregivers at RxList

It looks like it may be while your body is getting used to it? But it says to contact your dr if it persists...Hope it gets better - that stinks!
                        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good to see you Destiniey!!! I haven't personally experienced acne with Antabuse, but I suppose it could be a side effect. I did have one pimple the other day and I thought "I CANNOT believe I have pimples and wrinkles...something is wrong here!" LOL
                          I'm so proud of you for you 52 days, you are seriously kicking some butt!

Fin - When you can accept that you can't drink AT ALL, life gets much easier. I like to compare it to being allergic to peanuts. If I know I am, I won't have "just" 3 peanuts and hope I don't have a reaction, will I? Nope! I will stay the hell away from peanuts! As far as I'm concerned, I'm allergic to alcohol, that means I won't smell it or touch it! I know you can do this, and we can help!

Slay - Sorry you had a rough few days...but I'm glad to see you here. I hope you are feeling better. Please stick close and know that we care about you....I'm sending you a :l my friend!

Everyone have a magical night in the Nest (I stole that word from Guitarista...thanks G!)
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

old

these posts are always old,you tell new people to come here and its all old posts,no reason to do it,i like to read peoples journeys,day by day,not read same old posts over and over
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey Pauly - are you sure you're going to the Last Page of the newbie's nest? The last post was only an hour ago...
                              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oneredshoe checking in.....feeling pretty stressed and downright low over the past weekends episode. All I really want to do is fall into a bottle of wine, but I know that isn't the solution to my stress so I won't. I am terrified of this up coming weekend as I will have to face the man that I regretfully madeout with as well as our friends.....I pray with all of my heart that the weekend goes smoothly. I also pray that he doesn't get wasted and say anything.
                                I/we made a huge huge giant mistake, I don't want this to be the unraveling of either one of our marriages.
                                "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                                ~Author Unknown
                                AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X