Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Is there anyway to make the newest post come up on first page? New here too!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Next to newbies nest it should say (1,2,3,...last page)

If you click on last page it takes you to the latest post...it's like adding pages to a book...:-)
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Stumpy....

I am still trying to figure out this posting thing....yes when I say makeout I mean just kissing, I don't remember details just that there was some kissing. I am still beating myself up, so FLIPING out of character for me. I am done with the alcohol for sure. I can't handle anymore alcohol fueled consequences. How are you doing?
        "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
        ~Author Unknown
        AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Swooping back in to wish everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Fin, it only took me a few weeks after I arrived at MWO to convince myself that AF was the way I had to go. I used that time to decrease my wine intake (which had been huge). But for me, taking that leap of faith & making a firm commitment to go AF made all the difference. People just don't realize that making the commitment takes all of the pressure off you - the rest is not so bad

Wishing a good night to all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Oneredshoe, I was about to go to sleep and noticed your post. You really need to stop beating yourself up over a kiss. Since you have made the decision to quit AL, I think that is what you should concentrate on. You can do this. Stay close to this site. There is so much help and support here, I love reading other posters stories even if I don't feel like posting myself, it still helps to read.

When does your husband come home? will he be with you over the weekend?
            AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
            AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
            STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd, its day 13 and guess what? I am feeling awesome. Need to get used to these swings and recognise them for what they are. Just been reading some old posts and many had these ups and downs for up to a year. Hope it’s not like that for me.

Patrice, I am going through exactly the same phase, hang in there. I was feeling great for the first half of the day yesterday, and then a brick wall of sadness hit me out of nowhere. Couldn't focus or do my work. Today is a much better day, let’s hope that Byrds hypothesis is right, there are no two rough days in a row.

Slay, nice to see you, haven't seen any post from you in a few days. Just think in a week’s time we will be celebrating your 30 days AF!

Destiniey, nice to see you. I can totally relate to your acne problem. Last week I posted my 1st weeks AF log and reported a breakout of acne. I am not on antabuse so it is possible to be unrelated, however, may be your acne is due to chemical changes in your body rather than the drug itself?

ALLAN
              AF since 1st Sep 2012
              NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1377419 wrote: Byrd, its day 13 and guess what? I am feeling awesome. Need to get used to these swings and recognise them for what they are. Just been reading some old posts and many had these ups and downs for up to a year. Hope it?s not like that for me.

Patrice, I am going through exactly the same phase, hang in there. I was feeling great for the first half of the day yesterday, and then a brick wall of sadness hit me out of nowhere. Couldn't focus or do my work. Today is a much better day, let?s hope that Byrds hypothesis is right, there are no two rough days in a row.

ALLAN
                Errrrmmmmm what did I tell you Allan, it's just a detox/rewire thing and the next day you feel a big improvement.

Hang in there

KY

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Destiney - on the AB as well - and lo and behold - zIts - YAY - at my age - including the dreaded back-ne. Ugh. So glad sundress season is largely over.
                  That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                  Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                  AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well fellow nesters Day 60 here and feeling good today.

Allan the ups and downs are part of the journey. I've had some really challenging downs, but did not want to drink per se, just knew that AL would make the pain go away for awhile. That would have only started me back on the hell ride. I am not going through this to start over again, been there, done that.

There are many posts here and haven't been able to keep up. To those struggling, keep being true to yourself and do whatever you have to to reach your goal. Let go of regrets - easier said than done, I know that one, still struggling with my last drinking episode.

We must be kind to ourselves, life is precious.

IMT
                    new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Stumpy...

Thanks for the words of advice...I am really going to concentrate on moving forward in my life living free from the grips of alcohol as well as working on my inner happiness. It was nice to wake up hangover free...I wanted so badly to just get wasted last night because of stress and am so glad that I didn't. My husband won't be home for another month. How are you doing on this fine day?
                      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
                      ~Author Unknown
                      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I am happy to see so many winning the battle
                        Kicking AL out of out lives is tough but ultimately the best decision we can make for ourselves!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Itsmytime, congratulations on a huge milestone. 60 DAYS WOO HOO!!!

Do you still have the emotional swings? do they get milder?

ALLAN
                          AF since 1st Sep 2012
                          NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

WTG itmytime, you're doing Awesome!!:goodjob:
                            AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                            AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                            STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Peeps and a happy AF Thursday to everyone! I want to thank everyone who responded to my acne crisis...ha! As I have learned I just have to realize that "this too shall pass" and if this is a side effect of AB I would rather be on it and look like a walking advertisment for Proactive than be hungover..Ha! I go to my doctor at the end of the month for my checkup so I will find out of it is the AB or just my body adjusting to being AF. Either way I am just happy to be sober!!!!!

Hi Fin.....thanks for the encouraging words. Dont be too hard on yourself for caving after 14 days..I caved and started back on day 1 soooooo many times that I lost count! This is definitley a learning experience and I am glad you are continuing to post on here...the support and the people on here are AWESOME!

Lolab.....thanks for that link. That was so sweet of you to look it up and post it!

Prairie ,Allan and K9....Ok, so we are not alone in this acne war.....hmmmm..I wonder what else the damned beast has up his sleeve to try to get us to go back to drinking! LOLOLOLOL Oh well..I am armed with AB in one hand and zit creme in the other! Ha! If anyone finds anything that works...let me know!!!!!

K9...
                              AB Club Member
                              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Itsmytime.....Congrats on 60 days!!!!!! That is awesome!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!
                                AB Club Member
                                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Working...
                                X