Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Destiniey - I have actually found a zit solution that is working for my older - mid 40's skin - from Paula's Choice - can get it on the web - normally I use it only in summer when I am wearing zinc sunscreens but broke it back out for the AB breakout on face and back and it's making them shrink beautifully.

It's called Resist Daily Smoothing Treatment - 5% Alpha Hydroxy, 1% Beta Hydroxy - use at night with GOOD moisturizer over top. It will peel off old skin and unblock your pores like nobodies business. Give it a month and you won't recognize your skin - I have rosacea but the beta Hydroxy keeps it from moving to that nasty stage of pustules since they can't form...
    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1377371 wrote: Swooping back in to wish everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Fin, it only took me a few weeks after I arrived at MWO to convince myself that AF was the way I had to go. I used that time to decrease my wine intake (which had been huge). But for me, taking that leap of faith & making a firm commitment to go AF made all the difference. People just don't realize that making the commitment takes all of the pressure off you - the rest is not so bad

Wishing a good night to all!
      Lav
      Thank you! I will get there.
      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1377324 wrote: Good to see you Destiniey!!! I haven't personally experienced acne with Antabuse, but I suppose it could be a side effect. I did have one pimple the other day and I thought "I CANNOT believe I have pimples and wrinkles...something is wrong here!" LOL
        I'm so proud of you for you 52 days, you are seriously kicking some butt!

Fin - When you can accept that you can't drink AT ALL, life gets much easier. I like to compare it to being allergic to peanuts. If I know I am, I won't have "just" 3 peanuts and hope I don't have a reaction, will I? Nope! I will stay the hell away from peanuts! As far as I'm concerned, I'm allergic to alcohol, that means I won't smell it or touch it! I know you can do this, and we can help!

Slay - Sorry you had a rough few days...but I'm glad to see you here. I hope you are feeling better. Please stick close and know that we care about you....I'm sending you a :l my friend!

Everyone have a magical night in the Nest (I stole that word from Guitarista...thanks G!)
        Thanks, K9. I know you're right. It was the same with Copenhagen. Once enough time goes by without it, one stops thinking about it entirely. Unfortunately however, AL is EVERYWHERE so it's going to be even more challenging. Alas, I know I can do it. That 14 days I had under my belt the first time around felt so good. I want to get back to that place.
        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!

OneRed - Congratulations on getting through last night without drinking. One of my many sayings is "You'll never wake up in the morning wishing you'd drank the night before"....true, isn't it? I also like to say that a craving never lasts as long as a hangover....keep those two things in mind and you'll find it easier to ride out urges. You're doing great so keep up the good work!

Fin - You're right about alcohol being everywhere. These days I get pissed when I see beer commercials. They're so serious...you'd think they found the cure for cancer, but no all they've done is make a new beer and put it in a blue bottle (Bud Platinum....really? Platinum? What the hell does that mean anyway?) Don't be fooled...remembery why you DON'T drink. For me drinking is not butterflies and rainbows, it's DUI's, handcuffs and a cellmate named Diablo. (Another one of my sayings. LOL)

Well I'm on a roll with my quotes today so I'll stop boring you all! I hope you all have a great day...it's ALMOST Friday! Woot.

Stay strong everyone.

K9

Oh...one last thing....I am now 18 DAYS 1 HOUR AND 31 MINUTES SMOKE FREE!!!
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, K9 and Lola, so good to see you as usual!

Dest...you are getting your sense of humor back too!!! I love it! Look at how 9'er has come out of her shell...or cell?! Bwahaha. You are doing great.

I have rosacea too, and I am finding Burt's Bee's Radiance facial cleanser to be very calming to my angry skin! It's made right here in NC, too. We sound like a bunch of info-mercials!!

OneRed, your journey forward will be easier without the burden of the past. If we could turn back time...ALL of us would do it. Now that you are sober and in control, it WILL NOT happen again...make that clear to Mr Neighbor, too...he won't tell his wife I'd bet my lunch money on it. What good would come of that?? That was a defining moment for you, so take it with you as you move forward and try not to let it stop you.
            In life there are no-overs...just do-betters. Hugs, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie!

I LOVE Burt's Bees!!! I use ALL of their products...I'm a BB whore! LOL I had to laugh at you saying I came out of my "cell"....HAHAHA....yeppers, I sure did. Diablo was none too happy about it either!

OneRed - Listen to Byrdie, she's made some great points (as usual). I have a question...do you HAVE to bring it up or can you both just let it go? I guess I am confused as to why it has to be addressed....you both know it was a mistake...so why rehash it? Can you just agree that it was a mistake, will never, ever happen again, and then forget it? Sorry for my millions of questions.
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you K9 and Byrdie for reaching out to me yesterday when I was the just frustrated. K9 thank you for caring and Byrdie for the awesome pm you sent me. K9 your such a inspiration to soo many and to me! Byrdie you have a heart of gold! I just want to tell both of you how much I appeciate both of you!
                Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

FD...it's the circle of life thing....you did it for me one time! Thanks for being YOU! B
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

just a quick hello because I haven't checked in since tuesday! going to sleep now AF!!! Oh, what a wonderful feeling!
                    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!
                      Let's get those weekend plans in order

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi my name is Jackie am very lost n worried so be gentle with me

Comment

Newbies Nest

cuddle_demon;1377846 wrote: Hi my name is Jackie am very lost n worried so be gentle with me
                          Hi Cuddle and welcome, here to help , wassup?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!

The weekend is almost here so lets plan ahead and have AF fun... Well done to all who kept away from alcohol despite the cravings and the emotional rollercoaster.

x

ALLAN
                            AF since 1st Sep 2012
                            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning jackie
                              Tell us a little bit of what is happening.....we are all here to share and help each other. If you are not ready to share or don't want to, then just keep reading as many posts as you can and go to the tool box for ideas. Keep coming back!
                              I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hola Nestlings...

Up and at em...Friday and the weekend is upon us...everybody stocked up to fight off weekend witching HOURS and HOURS?

Thank God for the AB - I just have to deal with the head games but still - ugh. If it wasn't for the AB - I would NOT survive FB season with a sober record - too many years spent watching too many games pickled.

I got my big shipment of the better L-Glut capsules that work like a rocket from the internet - found a place that was $19 less a bottle than at retail stores and free shipping - YAY. I can take it in capsule - not have to taste it - and get it in as fast as a powder now! WOOP!!!

Finally!
                                That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                                Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X