Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning fellow nest dwellers!

And welcome, Nikinoo! Yes, realizing that you have a problem is the first baby step, reaching out is the second... well done. Won't you tell us a little more about yourself? Have you read the MWO book? Thought about making a plan yet? Probably not yet, but you should Also welcome back to Roly! I can somewhat relate to fighting and working hard to recover from injury.. only to find myself helpless and hopeless in THIS recovery.

And how is everyone else? Prancy... so glad to hear Pranser is doing better. Now, if my old girl would come around... she's moving today... not well, but moving none the less.

Chicken-girl... I hope your flu subsides today.. but none of this 'does it count' crap please! Yes, it counts! If it gets you over a hurdle, embrace it! (Well, you know what I mean :H) And congrats on getting past day 3!

Chops, I'm glad you got to take it easy! I SO need to get out into my garden and pull weeds and whatnot... but have no time at the moment. I'm uncharacteristically busy for this time of year... which is great in terms of paying for all the crap that's been happening, but seriously cuts down on my outdoor play time.

Lav, Dillie, SD, and all others to come... have a grand day!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all - I hope that I get some time later to sit down and visit. I am really missing sitting down and chatting here. And I am REALLY feeling the need of all your support. Not so much cravings - just the support. Knowing there are people that understand.
      Welcome to all the new nesters. And, I will be back as soon as I can!!!!
      HAVE A WONDERFUL AF DAY!!!!!!!!
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

Drinking dreams anyone? I had a doozie this morning just before waking! I was kind of afraid I would not make it through this day AF because the dream was so compelling. However, I did make it. I am making it, and I will make it!

:welcome: nikinoo!

Sunni gg I hope your mare is improving? Is she able to put weight on the foot?

Going for Indian food this evening.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshine. I so hope your mare is doing better. It is so hard when your beloved pets are sick. I think I almost lost Pranser but he is better and better. Today after the drugs his temp was almost normal. I will go back out in a few hours and check him but I am delighted about the improvement. Also I am babying the crap out of him so he will probably be a handful and a half when he is back to normal. I have been soaking alfalfa and oat pellets and making wheat bran mashes. Maybe your mare would like a little of that.....

Dill, can so related to drinking dreams. They seem sooooo real. I always wake from one slightly terrorized.

Nikinoo, welcome. I have found this site very helpful in sorting out what I want as a goal and in pursuing it.

Good luck to all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nest Check!!

Hi everyone, hope today was a good one!
            Chicken, hope you are recovering from the flu, that's terrible but congrats on reacing Day 4!
            Nikinoo, Hi & welcome to the nest
            Hi to Chops & Sunni.
            NoraC, strength to you, not every day is fabulous........
            Dill - I've been terrorized with smoking dreams twice this week! Why won't our brains leave us alone?????????
            Prancy, hope Pranser is on the mend!

Good night everyone!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello and good morning to all the Nesters!

Just a quick one as I am having a day home from work and am going to curl up in bed for a wee nap soon. Day 5 for me and still going (wow-can hardly beleive it).

Hello Nikinoo,this place is the best. So nurturing that I feel truelly blessed to have found it. Actually feel like I can be more honest here than anywhere else. Can be 'me' with all my good and bad points and no one cares or judges,just offers their support-even when I fall! So nice to meet you. Have a great day all of you.
              Chicken

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all ..... glad to be back in the nest. I so agree with you Chicken. This is where I can be honest and people understand.
                Hi Nikinoo & welcome!
                I'm absolutely exhausted. I am going to try to go to sleep now. I think that will help a lot. Today was day 10. Cravings were not bad at all. Just had some drepssion and I think that was simply from being so tired. I have been overdoing it with caffeine. Did somewhat better today...so, I am going to get a good nights rest. And I am going to wake up much refreshed.
                Take care all.
                :l
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone
                  I'm back in the nest for the night and looking forward to fluffing my feathers and settling down.

Chicken - Day 5 is fantastic! I hope your flu symptoms settle down soon. Is there any chance there could have been some withdrawal symptoms in there too? Maybe your body was having an even worse reaction to the flu because it was getting rid of some toxins at the same time. If so, you are one tough chicky!

Prancy - I'm so glad your baby is getting better. My first thought when you said about being told that most horses don't get through 107 degree temps is that it's probably because most horses don't have someone who adores them sitting by their side and sending them loving thoughts the whole time.

Sunshine - I'm sure your mare will get better soon too, for the same reason.

Nikinoo - welcome - it's good to see you here.

Nora - it must be exhausting having kids back in the house full time for so long when you're not used to it. Well done on day 10 and I hope the depression and tiredness life after your nap. Sleep is GOOD!

Rolypoly - I haven't been here long so I didn't know you the first time round but it's nice to meet you. I have constant chronic pain too, which adds another layer of difficulty to giving up drinking. I often use it to help relieve the pain, but I know deep down that it's no excuse to drink as much as I do.

*waves* to all the other nesters. Lovely to see you all.
                  There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                  You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Very likely Glass! Toxins probably didn't help I guess! Had a long soak in a warm bath ,sipping some green tea and am feeling heaps better!Have a good night all and catch you on the morrow!
                    Chicken

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morninig nesters. How is everyone this fine morning/night Doing better here. Actually slept from about 11:00 until 7:00. Yahoo. Of course, now I'm late for work again. So, I'm going to rush. Looking forward to this weekend. I'll be able to sit down & catch up with you all.
                      HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!!!!!!!
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday Nesters!!! I want to send best wishes for a great day to everyone, and hope you all achieve your goals for the day!

Today is a quick check in for me, as Friday is usually busy at the office and I am already behind.

Hello, love, and hugs to Dill, Lav, Sunni, Prancy, Chicken, Nora, sunnydaz, SD, Roly, GHE, and all others to come. My apologies if I have missed any one.

I will check in later this evening. Have a great day all :l :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good day to all -- Dill, Lav, Sunni, Chicken, Nora, sunnydaz, SD, Rly, GHE and any I have miseed. Sounds like everyone is doing great.

Glass, aaaaah. What a sweet comment. And yes, Pranser had a normal temp this morning. Thank the Lord and anyone else who is listening. He acts like it never happened! Except that he expects all kinds of treats and is a bit indignant to not be getting bran mashes and soaked alfalfa cubes 3 times a day!

I am so relieved. Also happy to be on Day 19 AF. Am thinking about taking baclofen based on lots of posts on other threads. I would so love to be able to have a glass or two of wine at social occasions with my husband once in a while. I know I could never go back to drinking on a daily basis -- just know where that would end up. But I hate to white knuckle it at social events. I have not decided yet. Just a thought. I asked my husband what he thought and he was enthusiastic. I think it is hard for him at social events when it is hard for me. He is probably aware of how quiet I get.

Anyway, good luck on everyone reaching their goals. I find I can be very honest on this site because there is no judgment, no one right way to do it. Thanks all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey everybody, i am trying hard to figure this all out ( im sure you are tired of hearing that statement ) but I am not going to give up, it's lonly out here for me..I am on my 6th day of af in 2 yrs . just found out the husband has a girlfriend and I don't have anybody to talk to? im am drowning in my own tears.
                            again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Venice and welcome :welcome: It is nice to have you here in the nest. No worries on trying to figure this all out. We have all been there and sometimes even still make that statement. Just glad that you found us. We are here to help you through all of this.

Congrats on your 6 days :goodjob: Are you using the supplements, meds or read the MWO book?

I am really sorry about the hubby. I just went through a very similar experience. It is painful, and it is ok to cry.

We are here to help. Stick around and I hope to get to know you. Big hugs!:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Venice
                                I'm so sorry you're going through a tough time, but you're very welcome here and you can talk to us.
                                I've just shuffled up on my twig to make room and I have a big box of tissues here ready for you.
                                :l
                                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Working...
                                X