Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

OR as a reward, you could send each of your new MWO friends $25. Just sayin'.
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone,

Making it through Day 2 as well, Quest and Belles!

Have been reading here for a while. Super tired. Just wanted to check in!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All, I've been hanging out here in the nest all day today which is YET ANOTHER day one. It is helping to read all your comments. Thanks again... I need the help.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello. stumbled on this site tonight. day 3 and looking for more support.
          Dottie
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. Still AF, just haven't had time to check in the last few days. I posted in another thread I've been nursing a very sick pup back to health and helping my daughter with some things. Some of the things I've been asked to do lately, I would never have been able to do while drinking the way I was. My daughter now sees a more dependable mom and we both have more respect for me. Keep up the fight. It's worth it. Hard as it can be at times, YOU are capable and worth doing it. Slay the monster and let it know who's boss! You'll love yourself for it. I'll be around to get and give support as soon as I can. I'm looking forward to an uninterrupted nights sleep. Yes!

:l
            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW, the nest is hopping today - great

Welcome everyone, glad you decided to join in the 'fun'
              Days 1, 2 & 3 are, without a doubt the hardest BUT once you get through your initiation you suddenly begin to believe in yourself ~ I know I did & haven't looked back since!
              Make a good plan for yourselves. Keeping yourselves as busy & distracted as possible works. Take your thoughts off on AL & start counting your lessings minute by minute. You'll never be sorry

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1382858 wrote: OR as a reward, you could send each of your new MWO friends $25. Just sayin'.
                :H:H:H

Sure K9, - hey everyone, just PM me your bank details and I'll transfer $25 smackeroos to you... IF ONLY!

I have though been adding up what i'm saving... it's at about ?80 so far (is that about $100USD?)... to be honest reckon i've saved more. And you know what I'm really looking forward to is clocking up real big bucks and looking at my bank acct, and thinking "wow, that WAS beer money... and it is now ME money."

But to do that, i will be have to be AF for quite some time. And i dare not look too far ahead. One day at a time.

So, morning nesters all, and here's to a wickedly wonderful Wednesday

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC, create a signature with your quit date. It is a good benchmark for others and should give you an extra boost.

I actually suggest that everyone posts their quit date in the side bar/signature. It makes it so much easier to reply to someone knowing if they are on day 1 of their quit or day 45.

If you don’t know how to do it, Just click on User CP, it’s the most left option on the toolbar at the top of the screen, and then click edit signature which can be found on the left hand side. It’s the first option in the edit menu. PM if you need any assistance with this.

AK
                  AF since 1st Sep 2012
                  NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay, I'm now on day 3.

I'm still having troubles sleeping - but from what I've read this should pass. The positive is that even though I'm tired I'm not hungover. I have a business trip tonight which would usually be a trigger - but I'm not even concerned. I have to meet some people for dinner - but I already feel that "headache" coming on that will not allow me to drink any wine. Diet Coke for me, please.

Next, Quest and Dottie - it looks like we're all on the same path. Let's keep posting and get our hats at day 30.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.
                    Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Great job Next & belles
                      Stick to your plans & keep your eyes on your goals!

Greetings Allan, RC, Slay & everyone!
                      I'm off to Lola's anniversary party now, bringing virtual pizzas I think :H

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Hump Day!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone:new:and scared to death to post. Im a 46yo women with 4 kids (well theyre not kids anymore 3 grad hs already) I still have a 13yo at home. I need to stop this 12 pack everynight habit I have been doing for the las 15 years. God has it been that long.:upset: What a waste of time and money. I have to stop. Working on day 4 AF.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab
                          My I be the second (dang Lav beat me to it!) to congratulate you on one year SOBER!!!!!! anties: This is the prize you get for not getting yours in a wad and then quitting. These panties represent the times we nearly wet ourselves with worry over how to do this...they also represent, that you are a long termer....and they are your BIG GIRL panties. MEN, fear not, we adapt to gender so carry on your quest! Of course, you may like the panty idea...(I digress)

I am so incredibly PROUD of you...not only did you get yourself thru this, but you continue to stretch out (panty joke) your hand to others to help them. I just couldn't be more proud of you if you were my own kin!!!

Do you have any words for us this morning as you wake up AF for the 365th time? Do you have any special nuggets for us? Speech!!! Speech!!!!

With MUCH admiration and respect, Byrdlady
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning MWO Peeps!

I'm new here although I've been reading MWO posts for a long time. I've finally admitted to myself that I have a serious problem. With the help of my family and my doctor I count my official first AF day as Wednesday, September 5th, 2012. The day I admitted to myself that I did not have power over alcohol, it had control of me.

Now every Wednesday is a celebration. It's another week not drinking and trying to find myself and a healthier lifestyle. It's been hard as you all know. Lots of tears, anger, headaches. I'm so dreadfully sick of diet coke and iced tea.

I attended my first AA meeting last week. I thought it would be creepy but it wasn't so bad. I guess you take away what you need to and get the support of a sponsor (I need still need to find one). I feel more comfortable here though. There seems to be loads of positive posts and support.

My first goal is 30 days which will be next week. I'm trying to stay out of situations where there is drinking. That's not easy. We are a drinking society. It's everywhere, in the movies, on television, so many comments that people make are about having a drink. My husband was sweet and has emptied the house of all alcohol to support me. I was a sneaky drinker.

Today is a downer day for some reason. I'm grieving and haven't quite yet settled into this new life. I'll try to keep busy today. AA meeting at noon.

keep the faith everyone
                            nurdl
                            :notes:
                            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

using tools in this battle

K9Lover;1382625 wrote: You're cheating? By using a TOOL that is available? Some people go to AA, are they cheating because they are not doing it on "their own"? Rooni, you ARE doing this. You choose to take the pill, nobody is forcing you. You ARE doing it....please remember that! I take Antabuse, but I am still standing up to the Beast...and so are you.

xoxox
                              K9
                              Rooni,
                              I've just gotten started myself and I take Antabuse too. It's a relief to know that the decision to drink is no longer my own while I figure out WHY I began to self medicate with alcohol and begin to change my behavior patterns. It's a scary as hell drug and currently all food tastes like the door of a stainless steel refrigerator door. I wear a medical alert bracelet in case there is hidden alcohol in food when I go out. Believe me, it's no picnic right now and I look forward to getting to 90 days and being prepared to do this on my own.

I'm with you
                              ~nurdl
                              :notes:
                              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Lav and Byrdie - Pizzas sound awesome - even at 9:30 AM:H And Byrdie - look at you with your fancy font and all...The panties had me in tears. :H

Belles, you are almost through with the hardest part! Fantastic job!

Welcome to MWO nurdle and MrsArchie!!

I am a 48 yr old mom (mrsarchie - I have a 14 yr old at home). and I'm today celebrating a year of sobriety. Now don't be put off by that. I remember when I first joined how I looked at people who had 40 days and I couldn't relate at all. They must have not been as much of a drinker as me...or something!

take a look at my celebration thread for my story if you want - Those first weeks ARE hard. But I would not go back to the way things were for all the money in the world. This is living....and that was trudging through life placing one foot in front of the other because I HAD to.

It does get easier - if it stayed as hard as it is in the beginning??? None of us would have been able to keep going.
                                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X