Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome to all you newbies......
    IT CAN BE DONE!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys - sorry been lurking all day - too ashamed to post since I failed on day 2 so back to day 1 today !!! Anyway I've just got back from a meal out with hubby and kids and I'm stuffed !!! I've eaten enough to sink a small battleship lol ! But I feel good. I'm tired, got pjs on and I'm gonna have a cup of tea and an early night - bliss !!! I love this feeling - if I could bottle it and sell it I'd be minted xxx lots of live to you all xxx
      Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys - sorry been lurking all day - too ashamed to post since I failed on day 2 so back to day 1 today !!! Anyway I've just got back from a meal out with hubby and kids and I'm stuffed !!! I've eaten enough to sink a small battleship lol ! But I feel good. I'm tired, got pjs on and I'm gonna have a cup of tea and an early night - bliss !!! I love this feeling - if I could bottle it and sell it I'd be minted xxx lots of live to you all xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

What happened there ????!!!???

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well fed and early to bed seems to be a good idea!
            I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quest...so glad you are back.. Looky here, this is tough stuff.....you won't find any judgment here...because we have ALL come back here with our hats in hand asking for another chance...and we got it! So climb back in and get yourself dusted off...sounds like you have D1 down and dusted...so on to D2!!
              I like the pot hole analogy...whatever tripped you up you can prepare for next time. It's a learning curve for sure. Glad you are back. B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdy - it's the voices that kick off on day 2 !!! The suckers are deafening !!! And I'm having trouble fighting them - which is why I stumble on day 2 x but tomorrow night I have an appointment to view 2 kittens !!! Kids are stoked !!! Can't wait - 2 furry babies xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey Mrs. Archie - it's a very familiar story.....but you've tried and succeeded in the past - so look at each of those attempts as learning experiences rather than failures. :-)

And it is tough to figure out what to say to others....they often don't understand - friends or relatives. I had a close relative of mine state "another one bites the dust" when I said that I wasn't drinking due to headaches....:-( We each have our own reasons for telling or not telling others what we are doing and participating or not participating in other methods of getting and staying sober...it's all about finding out what works best for you...there is no one way. :l
                  ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1383208 wrote:
                    I like the pot hole analogy...whatever tripped you up you can prepare for next time. It's a learning curve for sure. Glad you are back. B
                    I so identify with this, my last quit I did not have MWO, was 9 weeks sober but had started neglecting my diet and not eating enough and binging every night on chocolate. It was Xmas and I thought I was safe and could have ONE night off. Within a week I was back at 15 units a night and it has taken me 8 months to get sober again.

Being on MWO means I get to read other people's potholes so that hopefully they don't become mine!

KY

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quest for the key;1383209 wrote: Byrdy - it's the voices that kick off on day 2 !!! The suckers are deafening !!! And I'm having trouble fighting them - which is why I stumble on day 2
                      xxx
                      Quest. Do you remember how I stayed drinking for 23 years because I could NEVER go 3 days sober, but when at last I did it was then easy? How I wasted 23 years out of FEAR of a few days discomfort?

You have got to believe us! Those first few days are HARD, but it quickly gets easier.

Or maybe you keep falling BECAUSE you know it gets easier and some part of your brain is scared that THIS time you really ARE going to quit.

What do you think?

KY, the nosy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya, in a strange and sad way I share your view. As bad as it may sound but every time I read about another person starting on day 1, clears my doubts right away. It shows me what would happen if I gave in just once, lost control for just a night...

On the other hand success stories such as Lola, Lav and Byrdie provide thrust for my engines and motivate me to stay on course.

To all the newbies out there. You failures are just tough lessons that you must learn to pass the exam. Most of the people here have quit numerous times. I quit for 6 months a few years back and thanks to that experience I can anticipate a lot of challenges that come my way.

ALLAN
                        AF since 1st Sep 2012
                        NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya, I want to repost a note you had the other day about 5 days of struggle .....that was a fantastic post and the new folks would appreciate it...I just need to find it....

Quest those voices are a bitch....you've got to plan an activity just like the kitten viewing to get you thru. Do you like to knit? That's fun and you don't have to think much, and it keeps your hands busy. You have kids, so can you bake some fun cupcakes and decorate them? I saw a really cute idea about putting M&M's on them like fish scales. Then take some to a neighbor that doesn't get out much. If you have a well behaved dog...call a nursing home and take the pooch over to visit with people who don't see anyone for days on end...I found that putting myself into the service of others REALLY helped me get over my feeling of being deprived...because in the scheme of things...I really am fortunate...I have a disease that IS curable. I am pulling for you, we all are...when you have a hard time, get on here and read....this site has been around for years and there are stories all over the place. Keep your tummy full...and keep hydrated. Call me maybe....if you want my number, just let me know...I am happy to help. XXOO, B
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Come on Quest and Mrs Archie......you can do it!!
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quoting a post by Kuya...

All....please take a look at this beautiful post by Kuya....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quest and Miss tipsy, you keep falling over at day 2 or 3. I assume you know from everyone here that the first seven days are the worst, but of course you don't really KNOW how much better you will feel so there is no incentive to stick it out cos your brain is screaming

DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK

You read my previous post of 23 years of failed day ones. Sometimes my work meant I would go 2 nights AF and they were sleepless and I felt exhausted but I couldn't understand why they were actually not too bad. Then I would have day 3, promise myself that if I could do 2 nights working I could do a third, fourth, fifth FOR ME. But I never could because I had convinced myself it was too hard, I needed to sleep yadda yadda yadda.

I eventually made myself so sick and tired that I knew I was gonna die if I kept this half a bottle of vodka a day habit going. So I got my son and his girlfriend to move back in, had a big song and dance about it, set up umpteen safety nets and started the first quit of my life.

I started that first week in absolute terror, convinced that by day 3 or 4 or 5 at the latest I was going to be having DTs, hospitalized or a basket case in some way. Those first 5 days were hard, mostly because I was holding my breath , waiting for all hell to break loose.

Truth is by day 5 I felt fine, tired and a little out of body aching but my days were AWESOME I was sober! The feelings some describe as cravings are, IMHO better described as simply your body shedding alcohol. Your brain knows from years of practice that you can reverse this process and stop the pain by drinking alcohol. Your poor brain, the primitive part doesn't know that it will stop in a few days. Your poor alcohol sodden primitive brain only knows how to stop it NOW..... BY DRINKING MORE ALCOHOL.

This is where you ladies are at, the alcohol leaving is causing you fear, no pain just FEAR. This is your battle, to stick it out cos your intellect brain has the benefit of US people telling you it WILL stop.

But you wanna know what hurts most is when I look at my sons who had to grow up watching me suffer and helpless to stop me.......

I HAD JUST WASTED 23 YEARS OF MY FECKING LIFE FOR FEAR OF ONE WEEK OF DISCOMFORT

So ladies ...get back on your horses and start again,Please
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1383239 wrote: ..I really am fortunate...I have a disease that IS curable. , B
                                I believe this is how we should view this problem, as long as we don't drink alcohol we are CURED.

Nobody who has quit smoking says "yeah I quit smoking 20 years ago but I am still a smokeoholic and I am one cigarette away from a full blown relapse".

This type of deranged AA talk puts people off quitting in the first place , even though alcohol is the EASIEST of ALL addictive drugs to quit and apparently nicotine is THE HARDEST!

This social mindf**k keeps so many trapped in this awful disease.... It makes me so angry!

Comment

Working...
                                X