Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thank you for the inspiration. My home is also where I drink. So, not like I can get away, but I can change the scenery. Thanks so much for that bit of advice. I'm moving furniture now!

Comment

Newbies Nest

:applaud::applaud::applaud:
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job Winning! And I love your positive name!

I had one cusion on the couch that was my drinking spot...so for a while I moved to the other side of the couch. It's so simple that it sounds ridiculous, but it works. I moved a lamp too so that the light was coming from a different angle. Also, maybe you could add some soft lights...they sell these bulbs that are only 7.5 watts (lightbulb strength) but fit in full sized lamps...you can really make it cozy. Believe me, I tried anything AND everything...but it worked!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1383236 wrote: Kuya, in a strange and sad way I share your view. As bad as it may sound but every time I read about another person starting on day 1, clears my doubts right away. It shows me what would happen if I gave in just once, lost control for just a night...

On the other hand success stories such as Lola, Lav and Byrdie provide thrust for my engines and motivate me to stay on course.

To all the newbies out there. You failures are just tough lessons that you must learn to pass the exam. Most of the people here have quit numerous times. I quit for 6 months a few years back and thanks to that experience I can anticipate a lot of challenges that come my way.

ALLAN

Alan, I felt that it may be sad that I benefited from both successes and failures, too, but when you really understand part of the beauty of this board it isn't really sad. We give and we take and the balance works so well here. Those who stumble and those who are successful are all learning from each other. It's a beautiful balance and we all hope and know that eventually everyone can succeed. It's within our own power.imo It takes the proper mindset, tools and support coming together for a home run. I have faith in each and every person here to do it when the time is right. I certainly couldn't do it until I really wanted to do it and then I armed myself with an attitude to beat it and added in tools and support.

I think I'll start ending my posts with battle stations...hmmm?
          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you everyone for all the advice you give us weather we're newbie or returners. I have read the tool box. Trying to put a plan in place. Eat thats a big one for me I always drank my supper so making sure I eat. I started doing exercise videos in the evening during my old drinking time. Not sure I like that Jillian from biggest loser that witch is trying to kill someone. Lol I think ill try Bob's yoga again. Im going to keep adding to my list of things to do. Thanks again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mrs A, like K9 changing up her living room, I threw out my favorite drinking glass...it was hard to do, but it was empowering.
              Jillian gets on my last nerve, too...it's like she's looking in the mirror with that one eye...and us with the other one. Oy.

I'm so happy you are here and doing the ground work it takes to make this 180* turn in your life. My thoughts will be with you tonight and wishing you stregtth..and all the nesters. Tonight, you are going to win!! B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

day 4 really tough day at work. would have loved to stop for a bottle of wine. did not. went to the gym and worked my butt off. feels good.do you have the tapes?? wondering what might help.
                Dottie
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, you may have been directing that question to Mrs A....about exercise tapes...but if you were asking me if I purchased the CDs and such from here, I did not. I took L Glutamine for a short time because I could buy it at GNC...I didn't want any charges to show up on my card for such things for my hubs to see. So I did it thru white knuckles...and of course, this wonderful place. I know lots of people swear by the CD's...in fact, I don't think I recall anyone say they were a waste of money....Day 4 is tough, but you are on the short rows now! If you think about your day as a whole..there are really only about 4 BAD hours to be dealth with...so when you break it down into do-able parts like that..it doesn't seem so bad. But if you got thru the last 15 minutes...you can get thru the next 15! You know you can do that! My thoughts are with you...I will look for you in the morning to lead the coffee talk! Hugs and sympathetic thoughts are with you. B
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks byrdlady. your answer helped. i may. order the hyposos cds.extra help.Dottie
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady thanks yes Jillian sucks. Bob is trying to kill me to but hes nice about it.lol Dottie Im sorry if you thought I was talking about cds I was doing exercise dvd. Hang tough Im on my 4th day too. We can get threw this:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK nesters,
                        Are we all worn out after Lola's day long 1st anni party? :H :H

I'm full of pizza, cupcakes & cookies - hope everyone enjoyed this AF party
                        See? You can have fun without AL in the crowd.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest - waiting for rain here, oh well.
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am looking at the hypnosos cds. Several sets to choose from. That is my confusion. Going to send them an email with questions. I exercise 3 days a week most weeks. Helps me sleep. Feeling good on day 4. Going to bed shortly. Really liking this site and this thread!!Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie,
                            I purchased the Original 4 CD set. I think they are your best bet ~ did the trick for me
                            I no longer have them or I would lend them to you. I hope the person who received mine has passed them on to someone else. They are worth the investment, honestly.
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters

Haven't been posting on the nest for a little while now, but i do read on here regularly and I just wanted to say I've updated my story in the story section at 7 months, so take a look if you need help and inspiration.

Just over 7 months ago I couldn't get off that terrible hamster wheel but so much has changed now.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Advice please

Morning nesters,

Firstly, I'm experiencing full nights sleep sober, WITHOUT waking up during the night for the first time in only knows how long. This feels good. Though i do still need/desire/want my full strength :cupajoe: as soon as i wake!

So wondering if i can have a wee bit of advice from any of you wonderful folks out there about meds / hypno CD's and the rest. I tried getting some info from the med' thread, but was getting lost.

Simply, i've done 10days AF, and have not been taking any meds for this. I have read/heard folks speak of Antabuse, L-Glut, mulitvits and amino acid sups etc, as well as the recent chat here about the hypni CD's... and I'm wondering (especially from those how have been around a wee while) whether, right now, I need to take any? I was never a hard-core liquor drinker (in fact i avoided spirits most of the time for fear of waking up feeling too groggy/with a splitting headache) and I've not had the really bad withdrawals that some can and do get when starting to abstain. Although i reckon physiologically my body had become used to/dependent on it's daily 6-pack of beer or bottle of wine (more at the weekends), I THINK my fight is more psychological?? (As in the AL BEAST voice in my head that is so hypnotically mellifluous and seductive everytime 5pm hits, or I walk past a bar!)

So, would any of youse recommend i order some good drug (L-Glut, for example?), or continue doing it cold turkey, as it were? Thanks.

Have a braw day, a'body!

Comment

Working...
                                X