Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Found this quote:

"When life knocks you down... calmly get back up, smile and very politely say, "You hit like a bitch."

Have a great day!
    I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

OMG I'm struggling now..................why can't I get through 2 days ??????????

Arghhhhhhhh so annoyed with myself !!!!!!!! And I haven't even had a drink yet. Yet...........
      Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quest for the key;1383535 wrote: OMG I'm struggling now..................why can't I get through 2 days ??????????

Arghhhhhhhh so annoyed with myself !!!!!!!! And I haven't even had a drink yet. Yet...........
        Quest, WHO is the boss? You or this monkey ass brain thinking? You are battling an enemy. Are you going to let that SOB win? Hell no, you aren't. Chop it's head off. Burn those thoughts to the ground. They are the liar, the enemy in a clever disguise.
        Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!

I only skimmed the last few pages but I saw a mention of Jillian (Michaels)...I love that crazy woman...yes, she's mean but she WILL get you in shape! I have done both her 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 DVD's and they work! Talk about 22 minutes of hell, but the results are fab. The downside is that I've somehow morphed back into my previous shape, so I guess it's time to call on Jillian again. uch: Must be all that pizza and cupcakes from Lolas party.

Quest - Sorry to hear you are struggling. I always had problems at day 3-4, so I understand. What can you do right now to distract yourself? Do ANYTHING. I always suggest cleaning a closet....it always turns out to be a bigger job than you thought. Or, go for a walk, take a bath, go to the library, clean out your fridge...do whatever it takes. You can get through a craving, it's only a thought. A craving never killed anybody (but alcohol has), and a craving will never last as long as a hangover. Please let us know how you're doing!!!

Well, off to do a little work (if I have to). Everyone stick close to the Nest!

K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rainyday;1383520 wrote: Yay! I'm glad you came onboard! I really like Kamaro's stuff! She really finds great stuff!

Renee "Rainy"
            Yes, I like it. I don't read it all, but it comes through my daily view when I log in and I catch inspiration and things to think about or on.

Thanks.
            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Alan, KY, Lav, Rainy, PR and all the rest for your very sound advice. I will take a miss at the drugs (topa, bac etc) and have a go at some of what you have recommended - esp' the high B-vits, L-glutand Milk Thistle. Oh, and some of the Q10 stuff, because i am feeling waves of tiredness... especially in the afternoon and evening. Mornings i'm jumping. Will see how they help.

Quest - how's the rest of your day been? Hope you took Slay's advice and thwacked that SOB's head right off :bat

"When life knocks you down... calmly get back up, smile and very politely say, "You hit like a bitch."
              Rainy, damn right! That should be put into the quote thread also. (Quest, you might like to say that that SOB called AL hits like a bitch, but you - YOU - hit hardest

RunningC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon all,
                It is dh's birthday tomorrow and out to his fav italian restaurant...we talked about the wine and he is going to respect my not drinking and not drink himself either...good man..
                But today at work almost made run screaming to the store for wine....this job just sucks so bad with micro managing manager....aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh But I am going to the gym instead...
                Back later,
                Dottie
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope the birthday dinner is nice Dottie

Quest, DISTRACT yourself!
                  Do anything & everything you can - just don't drink!!!!!!!!!
                  You can't make progress if you keep doing the same old thing over & over.
                  Turn the radio up & tune out the monkey mind. In a few days yo will be past all this crap & quite proud of yourself - believe me
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, shit, I did it again. Another small slip for me. Maybe one day it will click for me. I'm on day 3 again. At least I'm not beating myself up this time, I've had many AF days in the past month. It's just a small bump on my road to recovery. I'll be hanging here in the newbie department once again.
                    AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                    AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                    STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1383594 wrote: But today at work almost made run screaming to the store for wine....this job just sucks so bad with micro managing manager....aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh But I am going to the gym instead...
                      Back later,
                      Dottie
                      You hit that gym and make it like you're competing to beat the son-of-a-bitch up.

Sorry - I just dealt with a bitch here at work, and I am "imagining" the same thing.
                      I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quest...whatever it takes, get over this rough edge...I had one at 12 days and it is so frustrating to keep falling and starting day 1 again...that one night I beared down and dug my heels in and by golly, I did it...I was so proud the next day...you can do it! THIS night, YOU will win!
                        Stumpy, welcome back to you and your hair! We have lots of folks in those first 3 days and they are showing amazing strength! Here's the Butt Velcro....strap your snakes in, too...
                        Say NO, HELL NO!! AL will NOT take one more day of my life!!! B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Byrdlady! I have my Butt Velcro and I'm here to stay.
                          AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                          AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                          STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

stumpy;1383672 wrote: Thank you Byrdlady! I have my Butt Velcro and I'm here to stay.
                            LMAO to the Bryd and Stumpy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Newbies!

AF starting tomorrow night! So many things planned for the weekend! I will be exhausted!

I'll be spending money on getting pizza OUT and going OUT to the movies! Lots of outdoor activities too! Will spend most of the time with the divorced neighbor and her two kids which are my kids best friends. She knows my problems and is a big support! Then church on Sunday! My kids have been begging to go, and we've been too hung over!

Please pray for me those who pray!

Husband will be hunting this weekend. At first that worried me. But now I am looking forward to it! I think it aws Cradle who said this is how she did it, when her husband was away on a trip. This way I don't have to feel like he and I have to "party" on a weekend night.

We are bad together! At least in the beginning!

Please also pray for him and that his cravings don't get the best of him, especially on Sunday when he returns!

Thanks for those who pray!

Renee

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rainy, what did you decide to do with the two bottles of hard stuff?

AK
                                AF since 1st Sep 2012
                                NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Working...
                                X