Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Rainyday;1383659 wrote: You hit that gym and make it like you're competing to beat the son-of-a-bitch up.

Sorry - I just dealt with a bitch here at work, and I am "imagining" the same thing.
    That made me laugh...last week at the gym we were slamming medicine ball at the ground and I was swearing at her with each slam to the ground....whatever works...LOL
    Dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

sheepish here..... I knew someone was going to ask.:blush:

Drinking from them before bed?

Whatever doesn't get finished tonight goes down the potty!!!!!!!:happy:

PROMISE! Otherwise, feel free to :b&d:
      I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1383720 wrote: That made me laugh...last week at the gym we were slamming medicine ball at the ground and I was swearing at her with each slam to the ground....whatever works...LOL
        Dottie
        That's my girl!
        I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rainy, I think it’s the right attitude. Having a goodbye ritual and closure is very important IMO. I send you strength and feel free to PM me any time you need. I know from personal experience that the 1st week is the hardest. I am approaching 30 days now and I can tell you with full confidence that every day it gets easier from then on.

ALLAN
          AF since 1st Sep 2012
          NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rainy....as long as you feed it ...it's yours. I know it's hard...but there's always gonna be a "but". A neighbor that comes over with a bottle...a waitress that knows what you drink and brings it by. This is why Lolab got her big girl anties:. I speak from bitter experience. If it's in the house...it's as good as gone. Get rid of the dam stuff, all it causes is PAIN...well at least for me. K9 says pour it down the toilet and save your poor old body the trouble of processing it! Sorry to preach, but it kind of IS a black or white issue...we are on your side!!! WE KNOW it's hard! XO, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan, the workers are in the prize closet getting your new hat ready!!! B
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Byrdie, how are you doing today?

AK
                  AF since 1st Sep 2012
                  NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

BTW I always wanted to ask, why do people celebrate 30, 60, 90 days rather than 1 month, 2 months...???
                    AF since 1st Sep 2012
                    NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan...I have NO idea!! 30 days IS in accordance with the MWO book and such, but I never read the book...I guess months are variable and number of days are not...when I first came into the nest, 30 days was the goal and it sounded official...and then we started celebrating 100 days for some reason. You may notice that the goals I try to help folks with are 3 days, 7, lucky 13...and then 30. These are all milestones in my opinion. After that, you are on your own!! (not really...but most folks seem to lose count after that and just mark the months). Good question, Lav may have more to add...she is the godmother of modern sobriety...(in my opinion...or at least my sobriety!) Hugs, B
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

stumpy;1383653 wrote: Well, shit, I did it again. Another small slip for me. Maybe one day it will click for me. I'm on day 3 again. At least I'm not beating myself up this time, I've had many AF days in the past month. It's just a small bump on my road to recovery. I'll be hanging here in the newbie department once again.
                        I just saw a FB post this morning on Sober is the new normal that talked about a lapse being just a blip of one slip and then back AF where a relapse is a slip that leads into the old drinking habits again. A lapse is much better than a relapse.

I don't trust myself to lapse. I still have the horror images in my head. I don't judge myself or feel shame with them like I did, but I don't put the visuals in my past right now because I find them useful keeping my feet on the right path for me.

Nice to see you, stumpy. I missed your nature hairdo. :H
                        Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great plans, Rainy. When you start to enjoy not drinking, it really helps to stay not drinking. My husband goes away to work off and on, so I find it can be helpful. One less thing in life to deal with. I don't mean that in a bad way, but there are no expectations from their corner.

Enjoy yourself.
                          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay, thank you. I have been on here reading everything, I also had surgery on Monday, which helped me stay away from the vino. My lapse is just that, one day I'm fine, the next I have a couple and then the next day, I start day one. Frankly, I'm getting bored with swinging back and forth. I'm just going to stay here with my butt taped to my seat.
                            AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                            AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                            STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm sorry, Rainy...I misread your message...you DO have a plan for after the bottles are gone and are working around them...my note was out of line, and I have deleted it. Please accept my apologies...I was rushing and missed a couple of posts. You are doing great! B
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1383821 wrote: I'm sorry, Rainy...I misread your message...you DO have a plan for after the bottles are gone and are working around them...my note was out of line, and I have deleted it. Please accept my apologies...I was rushing and missed a couple of posts. You are doing great! B
                                That's ok. I just meant it to mean that I better get my ass working.

Yes, definately lots of plans. Whereas, last weekend, we had no plans.

Comment

Working...
                                X