Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Your ass is working just fine...I feel terrible, and I'm sorry. You gotta be fast around here, this thread really moves...I don't know how I managed to skip some things but alas..I'm very proud of you!! B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

As my Beloved Jillian Michaels says "Just when you feel like quitting, KEEP GOING, this is where the change will happen". Whether it's your mental attitude or your muscles, you cannot expect things to change without some discomfort. Yes, at the time it's HELL...but the end results are so worth it.

She also says "I want you gurgling your heart in your throat"...at that point I'm usually hating her, but when it's over I'm thanking her...that's tough love...there's been some of that on MWO today and I hope it hit it's mark.

Stumpy - Glad to hear you're tired of the back and forth...that's what I mean when I always say that drinking is harder than not drinking. I'm glueing your velcro to your butt, just to make sure you're nice and secure.!! :l
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hmmmm...gurgling my heart in my throat?? Well, luckily I'm not doing that bad, but I have made it through day 4. Today was hard - I think because I came back from a work trip stressed and tired - always a good reason in the past to break open the bottle of wine. Of course, every other day I had a reason too...!!

Anyway, I ate some dinner and I'm confirming my conviction that this journey is going to be amazing and I will feel so much better a year from now. Thanks for the inspiration all - especially you long-time sober folk cheering us along!

Who knows - maybe in a few months I'll even feel like attempting a Jillian Michaels workout!
        Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well I survived a day that would have sent me to the deli for a box of wine....Instead went to the gym then to a yoga class...feel much better....boss is such a pain but for now I need to chill....
          It is Dh's birthday tomorrow so we are going out to dinner..He agreed to NO wine so that was good...guess i will owe him.....;-))
          Dottie
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good eveningNesters,
            Boy, lots of activity around here today, that's great!

Congrats for getting through your tough day Dottie

Lots of butt velcro & nest belts for everyone - use them :H
            Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest.
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Finishing Day 4.

When I woke up this morning I had thought I had already had 4 days under my belt. I laid there and kept counting "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday"..."Thursday". So...NOW I've got my 4 days.

My goal right now is 7 days. I ultimately want to go AF. After many years of "this is it!" and failing, I'm trying a different approach. I got one days (although still struggle to start if I've completely fallen off wagon). Then I was able to string 3 days together. Now to conquer not drinking for a week. Next will be a month.

It is getting easier since my thinking is changing. Right now I don't want a drink...although truth be told...I still always could...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Please see 1st day above in starting out - I can't write it all again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1383897 wrote: As my Beloved Jillian Michaels says "Just when you feel like quitting, KEEP GOING, this is where the change will happen".
                  AHA! RC scribbles on a pad and sticks it in his running shorts. For Sunday; mile 20. :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters,

Checking in to wish everyone courage and conviction on their journey up the AF mountain. It’s hard and treacherous path and it’s often hard to see the prize, as it’s always just beyond our line of sight. However, when we get to the top, the view from up there is breathtaking. We all know that this journey is worthwhile, so nesters just put one foot in front of the other and before you know it we will be having picnic at the top of Mount AF.

ALLAN
                    AF since 1st Sep 2012
                    NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

You're awfully cheery this morning. What have you been not drinking? ; )
                      First step today is crawling out of bed to continue the journey.

Be well!
                      ~a nurdl of hope~
                      :notes:
                      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Waking up cheery is a side effect of living a sober life nurdl

Greetings everyone! I hope everyone is refreshed & ready to work on another terrific AF day. Building a sober life is work but the payoff is proceless

Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Friday!
                        Get your weekend plans in order!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think I must be entering PAWS again - slept like the dead for 2 days - 10 - 11 hours and barely lifting a head the rest of the day - just SOOOOOOOO exhausted.

I am going to snooze my way to it - but Day 39 - almost there...

Happy Friday
                          That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                          Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                          AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning....I feel like I'd really like to "do" something this weekend....get together with someone! Well, THAT'S a new one! :H

For the past year, i've dreaded every social event and would have been happy to stay in my house and cook and paint. :-) FINALLY I want to see friends and talk and laugh. :-) And the thought of it doesn't send a shiver of fear through me - wondering how I'd do it without drinking.

Now I just need to find someone I havent' alienated. :H

Have a fantastic day everyone!
                            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

If you find yourself in my neighborhood Lola - drop in!
                              I'll bake something & make a huge pot of coffee for us. You can play with the chickens too :H
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie, what's PAWS?
                                :notes:
                                we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Working...
                                X