Newbies Nest

Post-acute-withdrawal syndrome
    AF since 1st Sep 2012
    NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1384032 wrote: Good Morning Nesters,

and before you know it we will be having picnic at the top of Mount AF.

ALLAN
      Oh... I like that! I love climbing mountains and seeing the awesome view! I used to work my summers at a State Park in Lake Tahoe, California. We'd hike and backpack in Desolation Wilderness. Awesome views from up high!

I've been missing Lake Tahoe quite a bit these days. But, in place of Lake Tahoe, I will climb Allan's Mount AF!

I think I'll buy a new pair of hiking boots.

Well.. actually, I think they're going to be a good pair of walking shoes.

Starting exercise program and starting a Yoga class Monday evening.

So many things have come into my mind to do with myself and my kiddos sober.

It's raining today, so I have to come up with a different plan than the playground for tonight.
      I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rainy, the best suggestion I can give you is to stay on MWO tonight and keep reading and posting. Share all your doubts, fears, hopes and...Taking on too much is a downfall of many. The next 30 days should be all about you, healing and relaxing...Avoid social events if you can.

ALLAN
        AF since 1st Sep 2012
        NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

nurdl;1384053 wrote: First step today is crawling out of bed to continue the journey.

Be well!
          ~a nurdl of hope~
          Nurdle.... enjoy your morning! Did you drink during the day?

I only rarely did.

I love mornings. My worst time is from 3pm to 9pm.

How is there weather where you are? Mine is dreary. Misty. Might get some showers.

I'm actually feeling like the weather. (hence the name rainyday!) Last night of drinking last night. Hubby is planning on waiting until Sunday. He's going upstate tonight. Unlike other times, doesn't bother me (1. him going upstate and 2. him drinking this weekend when I plan on stopping tonight).

I told him not to bring any home on Sunday. Leave it upstate.

Well... Nurdle and all - have a great day!
          I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1384081 wrote: Rainy, the best suggestion I can give you is to stay on MWO tonight and keep reading and posting. Share all your doubts, fears, hopes and...Taking on too much is a downfall of many. The next 30 days should be all about you, healing and relaxing...Avoid social events if you can.

ALLAN
            I don't have internet at home yet! Hopefully next week!

Actually - home is the worst place for me to be! That's where I mostly would drink. Social events where there are sober people is best for me! Especially if it's kid-related!

I think getting out of the house FAR from home with kids is best until their bedtime. Then I will pop a Tylenol PM, crawl into bed, and pick up a book. Perhaps the meditation book I started last week when I did two days AF.

But then, maybe I will find a simple fiction book.

I look forward to getting internet back so I can be with MWO friends at night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, that would be ideal...:-)

ya think Stella and the girls would let me bring any eggs home?

Prairie - rest up...your body must need it. :-)

nurdl - here is a link to an article on PAWS. After the initial physical withdrawal period that all of us are familiar with, there is an extended period of time during which many other symptoms can be present. It helps to read about them so that if you experience any, you'll know what's going on. “I’ve been clean for a while, why do I still feel dodgy?” A must read! - Member Blog - Wired In

So many things have come into my mind to do with myself and my kiddos sober I love it, Rainy. Take that thought and run with it. Tonight, put a blanket on the floor - and make a picnic dinner....sit on the floor with all the kids - and eat some sandwiches....or turn on some music and dance silly. When my husband was away, we would sometimes have a chocolate party. Get a movie to watch, and melt some chocolate - and dip anything we could find in it! Potato chips, pretzels - all kinds of fruit - cookies - trying to decide which was best.

And when your mind starts rolling it's eyes at the nights' activities - try to think ahead to the future. Before you know it, you will be LONGING for evenings like this...where your kids are young enough to still look up to you and want to be around you and you can hug them without embarassing them...LOL.

Think about making a night that they will remember....so much fun with their mommy. :-) And remember that they will be in bed soon and you can get on MWO then, or take a bath, or watch a grown up movie all by yourself - that you will actually be able to finish and remember it in the morning....when you wake up without a headache -

I was the one who did it while my hubs was away, because I knew I needed to be able to go to bed at 8 if I needed to - and I didn't want to explain to him why. And I could spend time on this site without him questioning me....and it turns out that I got pretty short tempered....I can keep that turned off pretty much with my son, but not with my husband...so it was better for him that he was away, too. :-)
              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh - cross post! I see you're getting the plan together...you know what's best for you!
                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

does your church have any Family activities?
                  ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Working from home today...allergies and sinus are kicking my behind.
                    Boss wont be happy but I really don't care at this point..what can she do....
                    Need to have my right eye looked at on Monday...huge floater or something blocking my vision..had cataract surgery 2 years ago so it is not that. If it needs surgery I want to take care of that before I quit.
                    Lots to do before I can "retire" but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train....
                    Dottie
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1384085 wrote: and melt some chocolate - and dip anything we could find in it! Potato chips, pretzels - all kinds of fruit - cookies - trying to decide which was best.

And when your mind starts rolling it's eyes at the nights' activities - try to think ahead to the future. Before you know it, you will be LONGING for evenings like this...where your kids are young enough to still look up to you and want to be around you and you can hug them without embarassing them...LOL.

Think about making a night that they will remember....so much fun with their mommy. :-) And remember that they will be in bed soon and you can get on MWO then, or take a bath, or watch a grown up movie all by yourself - that you will actually be able to finish and remember it in the morning....when you wake up without a headache -

I was the one who did it while my hubs was away, because I knew I needed to be able to go to bed at 8 if I needed to - and I didn't want to explain to him why. And I could spend time on this site without him questioning me....and it turns out that I got pretty short tempered....I can keep that turned off pretty much with my son, but not with my husband...so it was better for him that he was away, too. :-)
                      hmmm... Lolab... chocolate and potato chips. I have to try that one!

I can relate to be short tempered when trying to quit, especially with Hubby. So, yes, I think, like your situation, this is idea. And yes, I am tired of "watching" movies and not remembering them!

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=lolab;1384085And when your mind starts rolling it's eyes at the nights' activities - try to think ahead to the future. Before you know it, you will be LONGING for evenings like this...where your kids are young enough to still look up to you and want to be around you and you can hug them without embarassing them...LOL.
                        This is good info. I never thought like this. Copying this for my weekend toolbox notes!

:thanks:

Renee

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1384088 wrote: does your church have any Family activities?
                          Actually, starting october 7th is Make a Move month. We haven't gone the past couple of years because son was too little. We're going this year!

We'll be doing things like stuffing bags with medical supplies for Children with Aids in Africa. We send them to the hospital we sponsor in Tanzania,Africa.

Plus other events like a clothing giveaway.

So this is a great month for fellowship and service!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DoB...my sinuses are a wreck this morning, too. It looks like the old days when my nose used to be bright red It's running AND stopped up, a condition here in the South we call 'Snot Nose'.
                            Great to see all of us making plans for the weekend which can kick our butts sometimes when we have all that extra 'thinking' time. Keep busy and do something nice for somebody else! It pays off in spades! B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1384089 wrote: Working from home today...allergies and sinus are kicking my behind.
                              Sorry to hear that! What works best for me is a continual dose of Allegra OR the green Off Brand of Benedryl from Walmart. Must use continuosly throughout the allergy season, even if you don't h ave symptoms.

But - the best thing (in conjunction with the above) is Flonase which you must get a prescription for.

Hope you feel better Dottie!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here is a good article on PAWS:
                                Why We Don’t Get Better Immediately: Post-acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) | What…Me Sober?
                                That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                                Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X