Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

K9 - lol - I have one of those !!! (In the north of England it's called itchy arse !!! Ooooppsss can I say that ? Sorry - no offence colonissey xxxx)
    Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

LMAO - I missed those posts!

Wanted to add - that one of my proudest moments in the past year was posting something that actually helped someone. Prairie had gotten a bad haircut...was feeling really bad and probably looking for an excuse to drink. She posted - I think - from the liquor store parking lot. I knew I couldn't stop her from going in if she really wanted to - and I just made a quick comment about the hair - something about how she could view it as a brand new look to go with her new AF life....and for whatever reason, she went home without drinking.

So, you never know what just being here for someone else can do for them - PLUS, you never know how a random person can be capable of helping you to see a different side of a situation....so post away...:h
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1384224 wrote: Byrdie...again, excellent post! I love your comparison to your dog being easily sidetracked...you know that movie UP where the dog would be talking then all of a sudden he'd see something out of the side of his eye and go "SQUIRREL!"??.... that should be our new mantra...or try it at work like I do...it's fun!
        SQUIRRELL!
        OMGosh! That movie and that dog is so funny! Maybe I'll put the DVD on this weekend.

Weekend plans changed. I don't like change in the face of this, but I will swallow hard and accept it I suppose.

Divorced neighbor-friend got three free tickets to HersheyPark and discount tickets as well.

So looks like we're taking my three kids and her two kids to HP on Sunday. I do have to pay for one ticket, so there goes movie night out. They changed Finding Nemo to 3D - which I don't think my 2 year old would like that. And I know they would all prefer Hershey.

Forgot 8-yr old has a b-day party tomorrow night.

So - playground tonight. First eating leftovers in our very messy house.

Tomorrow - maybe dinner out while she's at the party.

I just hate change. Even though I am easy going. Change of plans sober isn't easy.

Not sure if that makes sense.
        I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOL, I have never been called that b4! No problemo! Of course, all my drinking has done a trip on my colon, ohh TMI, hehe
          :l:rays:

Comment

Newbies Nest

colomissy;1384279 wrote: LOL, I have never been called that b4! No problemo! Of course, all my drinking has done a trip on my colon, ohh TMI, hehe
            For me there is no such thing as too much info...LOL

SQUIRREL!
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Colo...I had to look at your name twice myself!!! I'm having a colonoscopy on Friday and I've got it on the brain!!! I have ulcerative colitis, you can imagine how helpful a bottle or so of wine every night was for that....

I'll have to watch that movie, UP...I've heard people say Squirrel before but I didn't know what they were referring to!

Rainy....I didn't like change either once I got a plan in my head in the early days, it made me aggravated and agitated...you are doing great in 'going with the flow'!! I had to chuckle...3D movies make me motion sick!!! (I am a weirdo, I'm the first to admit that)....XO, B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1384292 wrote: I'll have to watch that movie, UP...I've heard people say Squirrel before but I didn't know what they were referring to!
                The dog is so funny cuz he's all serious about something and then get gets instantly sidetracked (by a squirrel of course!)...that's how we should treat our cravings...it seems so all-consuming at the moment, but we can be easily thrown off if we let ourselves...before we know it we'll have forgotten what we were craving.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rainy - I just posted in the lolab 1 yr thread - but wanted to be sure you saw this....in the beginning I found it VERY helpful to use calming supplements when needed. For me, stress and tension and anxiety are huge triggers - probably for most of us. You could take a Calm's Forte or nerve tonic (by Hyland's - in the sleep aid dept at my grocery store)...or I also have something called Nutri Calm - from the health food store. Just the act of taking one - helped me so much - in knowing that I was taking action to even things out a bit....Even if I felt a little sleepy from them, it was better than feeling all riled up and wanting to drink.
                  ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1384340 wrote: Rainy - I just posted in the lolab 1 yr thread - but wanted to be sure you saw this....in the beginning I found it VERY helpful to use calming supplements when needed. For me, stress and tension and anxiety are huge triggers - probably for most of us. You could take a Calm's Forte or nerve tonic (by Hyland's - in the sleep aid dept at my grocery store)...or I also have something called Nutri Calm - from the health food store. Just the act of taking one - helped me so much - in knowing that I was taking action to even things out a bit....Even if I felt a little sleepy from them, it was better than feeling all riled up and wanting to drink.
                    Thanks!
                    I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have just got me a lucky lottery ticket for a massive rollover. I wonder if I would stay sober if I win the jackpot???

AK
                      AF since 1st Sep 2012
                      NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1384346 wrote: Have just got me a lucky lottery ticket for a massive rollover. I wonder if I would stay sober if I win the jackpot???

AK
                        First, win the jackpot, second, send all your friends at MWO some money, then let's worry about staying sober.

Just sayin'

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOL. I dont want to be responsible for a group relapse

150 million can buy a lot of booooooooooze...

AK
                          AF since 1st Sep 2012
                          NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

poopy day at work...micro managing boss is such a pain...aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
                            All dressed up and ready to leave for dinner...
                            Dottie
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry you had an annoying day at work Dottie...but it's over, so go enjoy your dinner! I hope you have a great evening!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan, you can hire people to drink for us! It's a win-win! Stay strong everyone! B
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X