Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

PF, I'm so HAPPY for you!! I know what you mean about uncharted waters...I'm in them, too! They are much better than the drowning ones I was in 2 years ago...and you...41 days ago. I bet you are feeling pretty dang good!!! Because I am feeling good for you!! Show us how it's done! I keep playing that song by Gladys Knight in my head "Got to make the best of (Pips, "best of, best of") a ba-a-d situation (bad situA-shun).....ever since that day...you gotta keep on keepin on"
    Where's K9, I bet she'd make a great Pip!
    Your post made my day.....B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay, I made it to day 6. Last night I was so tired I went to bed at 9:30 and pretty much slept through till morning.

I feel good and the best thing is that even when I was really tired last night - usually a big trigger for me - I just didn't want to drink. I know that for me it's an empty promise with nothing but regrets at the end of the day.

I'm hoping to join Kuya, and PF and Byrdlady in unchartered waters - but it's a ways away. I've made it to 48 days in the past and gone back to thinking I could mod. I know that's not true in my heart - I just hope I remember that it's not true a month or so from now. I really just want Alcohol it out of my life forever.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
      Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Kuya!!! I hope you feel great about making it 30 days. It's put a smile on my face and makes me proud to be a nester!
        :yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo:

~a nurdl of respect for you~
        :notes:
        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

For those of you NOT Christian - *feel absolutely free to ignore this link* - but they played this song the first night at Celebrate Recovery - and it resonated deeply for some reason - and every time I think this is hard - I play it again to gain some strength... It's southern rock/blues - called "Lay Em Down" - think you will see why it's become pretty much the anthem for Christian's in recovery in the States - seems this get's played A LOT at CR meetings all over the country every week....

From the Band NeedtoBreethe "Lay 'Em Down...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PN-BMHi5L8[/video]]NEEDTOBREATHE - Lay 'Em Down (Video) - YouTube
          That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
          Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
          AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Did post on another thread but in case you don't see it....

Congratulations KY - you came, you conquered :goodjob: :h
            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Belles, I think you have invented a perfect test. To know whether you are ready to give up alcohol for good, you got to know that "moderation = failure" (for people like us). Once you accept this truth you are ready to start your AF journey. Otherwise there will always be a snitch inside your head, telling you "just have one", this time you can control it.

ALLAN
              AF since 1st Sep 2012
              NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Belles, so happy for you on big Day 6! You have a secret weopon this time...you have US!!! This place really saved me, and countless others...Tomorrow morning, you will wake up and get your full moon (for 7 days).
                That's a beautiful song, PF, I've heard of the group, but not that song...
                Stay strong everybody! Remember 'Smiling faces tell lies' (that's the many faces of AL)....XO, B
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya all

PF fantastic on 40 days and Kuya = 30, good onya girl!!
                  I have been around but haven't had a lot of time to post..
                  I'm still on the AF path and for the last 39 days, 37 have been AF.. the other 2 days weren't binge days but I did have 2 glasses of wine on each of those days, I didn't feel shame or failure so I kept on counting...and I will keep going..

Have a great day
                  Patrice

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
                    Great dinner with hubby last night..went to an outdoor festival today and the weather was fantastic. i love this time of year when it is not do darn hot out.
                    Feeling different these days...guess I am exploring the new me...went out back and pulled some weeds and did a little pruning...what has gotten into me....
                    Dottie
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Dottie...the answer is what HASN'T gotten into you! AL just robs us of everything, including initiative...so happy for you...a small weeding victory, but a big day for you. Well done! B
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Nesters,

Granny Lav is just plain tuckered out today but that's OK. The past three days have been filled with cooking, cleaning, grandkids & STINK BUGS :H
                        Kids have all gone home & the bug invasion has stopped ~ thank goodness!
                        Allan, stink bugs don't bite or sting people but the dessimate crops. I have half a dozen fruit trees that are looking like hell right now

CONGRATS to Kuya & PF on 30 & 40 AF days :yay:

Dottie - it keeps getting better, you'll see & wonder why you ever waited so long to quit ~ like I did

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav -

Stink Bugs are terrible...I'm so sorry! Yuck!

Just very very tired tonight - but happy to be here. Happy to make 40 days. Happy tomorrow is a whole new world and everything is a different space.
                          That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                          Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                          AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

I need to go back and read through the archives of this thread a bit, so I get to know who's who, and what this whole thing is about, but I posted my story in the "Tell Us Your Story" thread, and it was kindly suggested to me that this thread is probably the place for me.

So...HI!

I'm a 31-year-old female who is giving up the booze in pursuit of a better life?hopefully one that will include a child in the nearish future. Once I have a year sober, my boyfriend and I plan to try to have a baby.

With this in mind, I've quit all my vices in the past month. I had a few dip-a-toe-in type vices, but the alcohol was the one that tried to steal my soul. I'm on Day 3 without it, and so far, I'm feeling great.

I'm hoping that this board can be my support spot when the sunny California days start whispering to me about white wine, mojitos, and margaritas, as they often do.

OK, I'm off to read about Y'ALL!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters !

It's cold and do here in the north west of England - and the boys rugby has been called off due to waterlogged pitches so I'm planning on actually enjoying my Sunday - rugby free !!! Yay !!!

Well I'm on day 2 again - I wasn't going to tell you but I feel compelled to fess up - but I received the MWO book yesterday and talk about an eye opener. It could have been me writing it. I'm half way through and plan to finish it today. I'd like to get the CDs but they're a bit expensive - anyone know of a good downloadable hypnosis cd ? Depending on how I get on, I'm going to see my GP about Topa - but I don't want to take any kind of drugs if I can help it.

I haven't got any withdrawals - yet - apart from craving chocolate and I don't eat chocolate but I guess that's sugar withdrawal from the alcohol. I usually start to feel sick mid afternoon on day2 - which is the big trigger cos I've self medicated with alcohol before.

I'm going to keep busy - plan on making some soup, going for a walk with the dog and going to the hardware store (b&q) for some wallpaper. I want to do the kids bedrooms.

I'm praying I make it through today - I don't want any more day ones ! I wasn't to beat this monkey on my back.

Thanks for being here guys xxxx you truly are MWO xxx
                              Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quest for the key;1384930 wrote:

Well I'm on day 2 again - I wasn't going to tell you but I feel compelled to fess up
                                I'm praying I make it through today - I don't want any more day ones ! I wasn't to beat this monkey on my back.

Thanks for being here guys xxxx you truly are MWO xxx
                                You keep getting back on the horse, don't you, you little trouper. Cos you do you are going to succeed!

Nothing to feel confessional about ..... You are just sharing your journey. Think how hard it would be for anyone else who keeps falling off if they couldn't see someone else having just as hard a time as you.

But if you go back and read your first posts and hear hoe different you sound you will realise how far you have come Quest.

KY

Comment

Working...
                                X