Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Odat, we've ALL been in your shoes: we've seen very little good, lots of the bad and too much of the ugly....I am so glad you found us. I would suggest you read back a couple weeks and get to know us. We have folks in ALL stages of his/her quit. We know the unbelievable pull that this thing has on us and how easy it is to cave in. It's a battle of wills, as you well know. So have a look around the nest, and when you feel like it, tell us what brings you by....We have LOTS of success here!! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Odat! I'm new here, myself. As you can probably see, I'm dealing with the newness by doing one of my favorite things: making lists! I've been hanging out on the site all weekend, as this is the first weekend of my quittin' time. It's helping me immensely, and I hope it will help you, too.

The reading is the amazing part. It's like these people have seen inside my head, into those pensive, shameful times when I was having bad thoughts and doing bad deeds, but felt like I was hiding it well enough that no one could see. I suggest reading a lot of what other people have posted. Some of it won't resonate, but enough of it will for you to see that you are not an anomaly, not alone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:whee:

Done - marathon completed. My first, and i feel likely not to be my last. Thank you for supporting me! Allan - you asked what one it was - Inverness. And boy was it hilly, all ups and downs just like the curves of Nessies back. I didn't a pic, i'm afraid, but here instead is a postcard for you all

[not sure if this worked as when i preview the page, i see no postcard

Presently absolutely bloody shattered, so will sign off pretty pronto.

Limonada - great to see you in the nest and what a brilliant list, all of which we can relate to in some way... I think you Think-arounds are particularly useful - could even be put into the tools thread for inspiration about what to do when attempting to avoid AL situations.

ODAT - welcome to the nest too! Your October Sober looks like it will have lots of support from others around here - you can do it, we know you can, YOU know you can.

RunningC Attached files [img]/converted_files/1947394=7040-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, congrats RunningCourage. I envy you your marathon-running abilities. I tried to become a runner once, but it hurt my knee something fierce, and the doc said it's because my hamstrings are super-tight and inflexible. Maybe I'll try to take it up again after the yoga I've been doing makes me a bit more flexible.

Thanks for the compliment, too!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey lots of folks to address but ill wait til morning as I'm on my phone...runC. Congrats!!!!! That's fantastic and quite amazing!

Limonada. Funny you mentioned the blood orange.. My fave AF drink is plain selzer with a big splash of the San pellegrino Limonata!!! Anyway. Welcome and talk to you a tomorrow!

Congrats too to prairie and kuya!!
            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow!
              Sure did get busy around here today

Congrats on teh marathon RC. I couldn't run one (ever) & not even sure if I could walk one at this point :H

Welcome odat! Glad you decided to settle in the nest for a while. Stay as long as you like & please use the safety belts, butt velcro, etc Work up a strong plan for success!

Last weekend I bought a jug of red raspberry cider (not a fan of apple cider). I find when I mix it with club soda it makes a nice tasty drink, kind of festive looking.

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest ~ kinda chilly here.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

safety belts on, butt Velcro secure....and away we go! Tomorrow is my first official day af and nf! Thanks all for the welcome and I will see you in the morning!
                ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

g'nite newbies! Rest well.
                  ~nurdl
                  :notes:
                  we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters - day 3 AF today - wish me luck xxx shower and work now - boooooo !!!! See y'all laters xxx
                    Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan - Congrats on your 30 days xxx Can't wait to put a zero after my 3 (day 3 today lol) xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters,

Just like to check in and say "I made it a whole month sober" !!! I find it hard to keep track of days so will stick to counting months. Good day to everyone

ALLAN
                        AF since 1st Sep 2012
                        NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan - I refer to my previous post xxxx well done xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all. I am back and am sober. 85 days today, which is the longest I have been without beers since I was 14 years old; and I am 51. It has been good but tough, definitely more difficult early on but have weird moments of self-sabotage in which I lie to myself and try to rationalize trying moderation. I resist my lies. Anyways, ODAAT, exercise, insomnia, prayers to Matt Talbot and much ice cream and this and other sites and other alcoholics have got me to this day. THANK YOU, now to just get through today, wish me luck!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning clockwatcher and may I say I am in awe of you !

You have done brilliantly well !!!

I'm

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ooopppssss sent too soon !!!

I was about to say I'm only on day 3 of this quit - hoping to do significantly longer than that but taking it one day at a time xxxx

Good luck and keep your chin up Hun xxxx

Comment

Working...
                                X