Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Dottie - don't worry that you're at day one again - at least you're back in the saddle.

I know that I might not be perfect yet - but I keep trying, and I will get there in the end.

It's good to see you've ordered the resources - I've got the book - makes for very inspiring reading - but the CD's are slightly out of my reach at the moment.

Keep your chin up - I hope you're feeling better today xxxx
    Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav...I know you sent your CD's to others...but do you think it's appropriate to ask to borrow them from some members who aren't using them any more? You gotta know there are some hiding in the back of someone's closet that could be helping a new person...has this ever come up, in your experience? Your opinion, ALWAYS valued. Thanks, B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Absolutely Byrdie!
        Someone had posted that she really, really wanted the CDs so I just went ahead & sent her mine. I was no longer using them, thought it would be nice to share
        That MWO member is no longer posting (I don't think) but she has reassured me that she used the CDs & they were very effective

Dottie, don't beat yourself up, just get back on the wagon. Reading the book & using the CDs (religiously) helped me reach my goals despite a monumental amount of stress going on in my life at the time. The hypnotherapy helped me to understand that wine is not my friend, never was, never will be either. Drinking AL is no longer an option for me & that's just perfect for me!

Just a suggestion -
        If anyone really wants the CDs but cannot get them on your own - try posting in the General section! Maybe someone will see your request & send you their set of CDs
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay, I made it through my first week, now on to week two. My plan is just to quietly rack up the days until I lose count.

Allan, congratulations on 30 days. I can't wait to be there. That's my next goal.
          Lolab, I'm so impressed that you remember the long lists of names here. I read all the posts but there are so many by the end I'm trying to remember who said what! All I know is it's all good food for thought so I really appreciate everyone on this thread.

Lav/Byrd - did you find the CD's really helped?

Have a great day all.
          Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Belles, I never tried the CD's as I didn't want the charges to show up on my credit card for hubs to see at the time. I thought my problem drinking/ ALK was a big secret from him....NOT. I've heard other people that use them swear by them...I've really never heard a harsh word against them now that I think about it. I didn't use the suppliments either. I have a big hunch my journey could have been made simpler than I made it, but as long as the result is the same.
            Here is your full moon for one whole week!!!! :moon: Well done, Belles! Just wait til you get to Day 13....something happens in your thinking and things just become so much easier. B
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Eye doc dilated my eyes so i cant see much...when they clear up I will start reading the book I got and hope the CD's come soon. I will look into the supplements but not the meds from a doc...I don't want that in my medical history...insurance companies can deny u for anything and I don't want to give then any excuses..will have surgery on my right eye for floater and macular pucker..done time less that a week...Need to tidy this all up so I can make a decision about the job...which I hate....
              Dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrd. I'll keep them in mind. Right now I feel like I'm never going to drink again...but we all know how that can go in a moment of weakness. I'm sure the CD's and supplements would help.

I'm trying to take a multi-vitamin each day and exercise some and eat healthy. One of my main motivations is to feel better physically and mentally. I think all this can only help.

Dottie- let me know how the CD's do for you. I read the book a few years ago and really liked it as well. But I don't think I was mentally ready for the challenge until now.
                Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1

Going for it tonight...kicking off day 1...the hardest day. I will DO IT
                  Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                  Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go, Fin! I was thinking of you today!! So glad to see you in the nest and determined to kick AL's ass! Tomorrow morning you will be so proud of yourself!! Here's the butt Velcro! B
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1385738 wrote: Way to go, Fin! I was thinking of you today!! So glad to see you in the nest and determined to kick AL's ass! Tomorrow morning you will be so proud of yourself!! Here's the butt Velcro! B
                      Thanks. I'm pretty much freaking out at the moment. I just need to take is a minute at a time tonight.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, you got that right...tonight it's a battle of wills in your head. But if you got thru the last 15 minutes, by gosh, you can get thru the next 15. I am pulling for you!! B
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes belles - the CDs made a huge impression on me. Here I am past 3 1/2 years AF

Dottie, sorry to hear about your eye problem, hope everything goes well for you.
                            I did not take any medication, I didn't even use the MWO supplements. I have lots of allergies & couldn't imagine ingesting kudzu. I do understand your insurance concerns, I am a retired health care professional & I know the deal with insurance companies. I used my own supplements & depended heavily on the Hypno CDs - they worked

Fin, wishing you the best! Have a strong plan in place & glue yourself to the nest for the next few days.
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Signing off for tonight. Thank you everyone who posted their words of support. You guys really made me feel special.

Love you loads.

ALLAN
                              AF since 1st Sep 2012
                              NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad you enjoyed your special day Allan

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X