Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Well, I drank again, damn it! Looked forward to watching the Broncos football game on Sunday & wanted wings. Food & eating-out is my other issue & drinking goes right along with that as well. Went to my favorite wing place & ordered a beer while waiting on my wings. I have been drinking ever since.
    I have noticed the antabuse talk today in the forums & I do have some. I always thought it didn't work, because I played around with it. So, now realizing other people have also, I feel like giving it another try. I mean really, if one little pill can take the thought away then why not? Why does my brain have to complicate everything, good grief! I had my liver checked last May, right after a stream of drinking & it came up fine, but I do feel soreness on my right side, oh here I go again with the brain. I will just need to get through 2 days before I can take it! So, glad this site is here & I apologize for being stuck on myself in this post
    :l:rays:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Colo, you HAVE to be selfish right now....it's like when you are on the plane and they say to fix your oxygen mask before you can help someone else...right now..the focus is on you, and that's just fine. It's a great investment. You hit a pothole...now you know what to do before you go get your wings...maybe go someplace else that doesn't have a bar (for now). Lead yourself not into temptation. We are not Mother Theresa....we cave and it doesn't take much. Try to think ahead and plan for pop ups. It helped me anyway.
      Fin...eat something...get a belly full...it really helps..you won't want anything! (I can't eat another BITE will be a good motto).
      Good to see FD and Mama! Dottie, you are kicking it! Change it up!
      Stay strong everyone...don't give in tonight no matter what and matter who! You will never regret it! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone! I have been here before. Mostly lurking... Today is day 2. This evening has been hard... But I won't drink. I have really been getting scared of the effects drinking has on my health... I just want to stop the madness. Will hang around here and take supplements.

I went for a run when I got home. That helped. Now off to eat dinner. Just wanted to say hello again.
        Shiner

Comment

Newbies Nest

After going for so many days sober and then falling flat on my face for a five-day bender, I've noticed something different this time. I'm more depressed than with a "normal" hangover, at least I think I am. I've been two days AF now, and I can't stop crying. I have moments when I just start bawling around the house. I ran a couple of errands today and found myself crying in the car.

I just can't handle alcohol. This is pure hell, and I'm so ready to get back to living sober. I can't ever feel like this again.

I got my prescription of AB filled today, and I am very happy about it.

I hope I wake up feeling better tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a peaceful evening.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aw Rooni, I really feel for you. I think the more we try and try, the fall is harder every time we slip. The disappointment and self-loathing no longer waits for the hangover stage; it starts while we are doing the very act that was intended to make us feel better......someone put it here once as being 'a belly full of beer and a head full of AA'.
            You know what you want and tomorrow 'will' be a better day. You are already planning ahead. Give yourself a break and be proud of yourself for being able to look forward.....
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks ByrdLady!! And everyone else for sharing tonight.
              :l:rays:

Comment

Newbies Nest

C, it's a learning curve and I'm still learning, too. We are all in this together! B
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you, Daisy. I appreciate your words. I know I will feel better. The further I get away from the latest bender, the better I will be. I am not normally depressed. But alcohol makes me depressed. The physical part sucks, but I think the mental part is worse.

When I originally got my Antabuse several weeks ago, my doctor (who is awesome) told me to stop being so hard on myself - that I was going to make it and beat this thing. She was confident about it. That makes me feel good.

God, I hate alcohol. If I'm ever completely 100% ready to get sober, it's NOW.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roon, it sounds like you're there! I hate AL, too. It has done nothing for me but cause me PAIN and suffering. I've just HAD it! Welcome to the other side! I have faith in you, too....we all do. B
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

"you HAVE to be selfish right now....it's like when you are on the plane and they say to fix your oxygen mask before you can help someone else...right now..the focus is on you, and that's just fine." another quoteable Byrdie phrase! I love it!

Hi Shiner...welcome back. I remember you well. :-)

I hope everybody's doing ok tonight....
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, such a busy nest today! Good!!!!

Welcome back shiner!

To those who have fallen but climbed back into the nest ~ hang on! Use all the safety devices provided, free of charge
                        Give yourselves the best possible chance to win this fight with a good plan & a strong commitment to stick to yuor plan. You have to do the work, no one can do it for you. But the results are totally worth the effort!

Just give yourselves the chance!
                        Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Shiner;1386551 wrote: Hi everyone! I have been here before. Mostly lurking... Today is day 2. This evening has been hard... But I won't drink. I have really been getting scared of the effects drinking has on my health... I just want to stop the madness. Will hang around here and take supplements.

I went for a run when I got home. That helped. Now off to eat dinner. Just wanted to say hello again.
                          Shiner
                          Hey Shiner...just back from my bluegrass jam and guess what? No drink. K9, thanks for the encouragement. I'm gonna make it through the night. Anyway, Shiner, we need to stay close as you're now 1 day ahead of me. Evenings are hard and I too so want to stop the madness.
                          Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                          Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 - you are a riot. "I'm allergic to alcohol - I break out in handcuffs." It's not funny... but I'm going to bed laughing tonight. Sleep well newbs. Wishing you good rest with no night sweats, no nightmares and don't forget to TTDP if you do that thing some of us do.
                            xoxo
                            :notes:
                            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Because of where I live (in a group environment with sometimes as many as 46 people in the same building, sharing the same kitchen and common areas), there is now a Wyder's pear cider staring out at me from the clear glass door of the refrigerator. People are supposed to label their things with their names so they don't get thrown away, but there is no label on this lonely bottle of cider. It keeps reminding me of how much I love(d) hard cider. If someone doesn't drink it soon, I may have to sneak it into the recycling bin...still full! :P

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Dark & damp over here on the east coast, rain, rain, rain.
                                Slept like a dead person though after a marathon 12 hr day watching my two youngs grandsons yesterday :H All of this wouldn't be happening though if I was still hugging the wine bottle

Limon, I know it's difficult when others are drinking around you. Please try to take your focus off that bottle & if it really helps ~ dump it since no one bothered to put their name on it - I probably would!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Hump day
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X