• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Tip - CONGRATs on 7 AF days!
    Post here by all means. I have to be the oldest newbie ever :H :H

FYI-
    Itching skin can be a symptom of detox but that usually occurs in someone with significant liver damage allow with the yellow skin & eyes (I saw a lot of this during my nursing years). The best thing to do is to have your enzymes checked by a simple blood test. Drinking lots of H2O & taking milk thistle is a good idea.
    If your liver checks out OK, take a look at an herbal supplement I use for sleep MELLODYN | Natural Sleep Remedy | Herbal Insomnia Cure
    I also take a couple of Benadryl too. Years of crappy sleep D/T allergies, hormone fluctuations, depression & anxiety led me to consuming large amounts of wine in the evening ~ not good!

Great to see newbies making progress today
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everybody!

Wow..busy Nest! Glad to see everyone here! Hi Tipps and Star! Fin, good job on getting to day 2...now get through today and you'll be through the hardest part. I had a CRAZY day yesterday. One of the ladies in the cleaning crew had a seizure right outside my cubicle, so I was "first on scene". I learned that I am not cut out to work in the medical field. It kept me up last night, thinking about it. Then my nephew (some of you know that my oldest nephew moved in with me about 6 months ago) came bursting into my room at 1am thinking something was wrong internally. He was half asleep. Turned out it was only a cramp, but he was freaking out. I thought "Good Lord will this day never end??" I never craved alcohol, but I would have given my right arm for a cigarette!!!

Anyway....the Nest is for EVERYONE...newbies, oldbies and medium-bies (new word...lol) So everyone glue, tape, paste, velcro or staple your butts in! Stick around, this place is awesome.

xoxoxo
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, my liver is A-OK thank the lord. I'm starting to think it's a combination of Perimenopause and withdrawal. I see my doctor on Monday. Thank you to everyone who relplied.
        AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
        AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
        STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin, you can't catch me lol. I will not sip or slip again. it's just not worth it. I'll be watching you as well.
          STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, how I wish I could quit the cigs, I'm having enough trouble with the AF crap. I hope it gets better soon. At some point in the near future I want to be NF as well. You are doing so well with it, did you take anything to help with the quit?
            STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1386848 wrote: Nice, Stumpy! 8 days is awesome. I'm chasing you so don't let me catch you, ok?
              I'm one day under me! I'm chasing you Fin, and the rest of em! Don't let me catch you!
              I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Stumpy!
                Your hair is looking maahvelous as always! I didn't take anything to quit smoking, I just used my stubborness for good instead of evil this time. LOL Seriously, I just got to the point where I HATE cigs as much as I hate alcohol. I admit I've had a few rough moments, but they pass...you know how I say that craving for alcohol will never last as long as a hangover? Same for cigs, a craving will never last as long as it would take to smoke one...that's how fast they pass...eventually. You'll get there, when YOU are ready..believe me, nobody could have forced me to do it!
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOL - @ K-9 and Stumpy - yesterday one of my Facebook Friends demanded I give up Caffeine because I had become a spaz.

I had to PM him and say look buckwheat - I gave up white flour, I gave up processed sugar, and now I've given up drinking. The one vice I got left is diet pepsi and coffee with splenda in it. You touch those - I'll kill you.

Capeche?

His next comment was I'm pretty sure if I ask the SO - you got other vices left. :k
                  That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                  Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                  AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rainyday;1386865 wrote: I'm one day under me! I'm chasing you Fin, and the rest of em! Don't let me catch you!
                    Sweet, I'm one day under as well. Run with me...
                    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1386887 wrote: Sweet, I'm one day under as well. Run with me...
                      Are we swimming or running?
                      I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rainyday;1386889 wrote: Are we swimming or running?
                        I only do boats in the water and usually a lot of beers afterwards. Probably best that I stay away from the water for awhile. Let's run instead.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1386895 wrote: I only do boats in the water and usually a lot of beers afterwards. Probably best that I stay away from the water for awhile. Let's run instead.
                          Good. I can always use a good run. Scared of the water! :no:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just woke up to Day 7! Can I get my moon now, or do I have to wait until tonight, when I've officially made it through the whole day?

Comment

Newbies Nest

limonada;1386908 wrote: Just woke up to Day 7! Can I get my moon now, or do I have to wait until tonight, when I've officially made it through the whole day?
                              What's this moon thing? I donno what it is but I do want Day 7 like you. Great job!

Comment

Newbies Nest

PF, why do you mention Buckwheat when K9 mentions my hair? lol I worked very hard on my weave.
                                STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Working...
                                X