Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Rainy LOL !!!
    Allan, I used to work at a gym, I watched guys go up to the ladies and ask how to use a certain machine, offer them a smoothy and poof...puddy in their hands lol
    AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
    AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
    STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab, check out my signature! STUMPY IS A LADY! What man do you know who would wear this wig?
      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stumpy i love your new signature. Is that to confirm your gender to Lola LOL

There is so much action on here tonight, it is really hard to keep up.

AK
        AF since 1st Sep 2012
        NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes Allan, I had to be honest with Lola, I was worried she was starting for fall for me hahahaha so I had to come out!!!! jkg
          STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan...Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things....

Lola! I just spewed my diet coke!!! :H
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rainyday;1386962 wrote: That makes quite a vision! Did you courageously run out and throw it?
              :H Not really, i nervously stood in the wings trying not to be seen so as the slippery mackerel would appear to have come flying through the sky. There was no rehearsal. One time only. (Anyone feel a life analogy coming on here!?). And the kids squealed then quickly stood up and scurried around it in equal amounts of awe, curiosity and disgust. Their teacher had to fend them off to prevent the poor dead mackerel from being mauled apart, so stood straddling her legs over the fish corpse.

Looked a bit dodgy that did.

And by 1pm, I was back behind a desk doing rather humdrum officey stuff, with the mackerel back in the mackerel morgue with his other dead mackerel friends, all caringly wrapped up in a Tesco's plastic bag.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hydrostatic AF Body

Get this. To motivate a 6 week AF challenge for myself, I just completed a hydrostatic body composition analysis. What the hell? Yeah, this mobile lab was outside my office, so I nabbed a bathing suit and went for it.

The truck will be back on the block in 6 weeks. My result today was 17.7 body fat. If I knock off my regular 1000 calories intake / day from IPAs, I should be able to get that number down 3 or 4 points at least.

Okay, now this is a science experiment. It's serious business.
                Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin, I am with you on this. My goal is to lose 12 pounds by the end of the year. I was expecting pounds to drop off immediately after quitting; however, that has not been the case for me. I have been exercising more and eating less but have not lost any weight since giving up. I have no idea what happened to the deficit created by booze calories, the only explanation I can come up with is that giving up smoking balanced out the calories lost quitting alcohol?!?!?!?

AK
                  AF since 1st Sep 2012
                  NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H Way to go Fin - whatever it takes!

Stumpy, I was pretty dang sure you were a she and not a he - I just got so utterly confused by the previous dialogue...:scratchinhead:

I am vowing to never jump into the middle of a conversation like that again!

love the way you told that story runC!:H
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1387116 wrote: Fin, I am with you on this. My goal is to lose 12 pounds by the end of the year. I was expecting pounds to drop off immediately after quitting; however, that has not been the case for me. I have been exercising more and eating less but have not lost any weight since giving up. I have no idea what happened to the deficit created by booze calories, the only explanation I can come up with is that giving up smoking balanced out the calories lost quitting alcohol?!?!?!?

AK
                      Allan, when I gave up the nicotine bitch (sorry ladies) I gained nearly 10+ pounds! I have no doubt that's what's going on with you, but you're in a sort of stasis of balance. Soon the scales will tip in your favor, that is a given if you stay true to the vision. Let us go on this journey together...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have a peaceful night all. Be good.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm always good Fin

I'm not going to attempt to jump into any coversations tonight. I have one eye on the presidentail debates on TV & the other on my laptop - that's enough for granny Lav :H

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest! Fasten the safety belts, etc, etc.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

g'nite all. One more AF day for me and I hope for you too. They just keep adding up. It's crazy good.
                            ~nurdl~
                            :notes:
                            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1386760 wrote: I'm a cook too...was a drinker/coook. I LOVED drinking while cooking - like catbuddy - at any time of day...holidays meant that the wine was open early to use for the meal, right? Great ideas to take some time to break those associations.

But I'm here to tell you that you can overcome it. We aim for clean unprocessed foods, so that means we VERY rarely eat out - and I spend lots of time cooking and preparing foods. And honestly, when the topic just came up - it was like a light bulb went off in my head...."when did that happen? when did I stop associating cooking with drinking?" Yea! it does happen!

~lola
                              Hi Lola,

I'm very new at this, so don't really know my way around responding. But I wanted to make sure to thank you for your encouragement. Yesterday, Day 1, I went out to dinner to avoid the issue. Tonight, as I stood at my counter, I flashed SOOOO HARD on where is my wine, I need wine, go get wine. I wondered if I would just have to redefine myself as an ex-cook. I really hope not. I find such joy in it. My compromise tonight was to make a very simple meal and get the hell out of there.

:thanks:
                              "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=Rainyday;1386815]From the book There's More To Quiting Drinking Than Quiting Drinking By Dr. Paul O.

Furthmore, while my computer gives off a rather pleasant, mild, steady hum, my brain commonly puts out ceaseless chatter of varying intensity. Before I realize what was going on, this drove me to drink.

In sobriety I?ve come to realize that my mind talks to me. It talks all the time, day and night, it doesn?t do any physical work, it just talks. Talk, talk, talk, talk. And by its talking , it controls my thinking, my feelings, my actions ? my life.

OMG. This (please see whole post) post was phenomenal. I want to run out and get the book. I would if it weren't bedtime. I have tried to drown the mind talk with alcohol, and also the heart talk as well. Everybody shut up, please. Give me some peace. And when the chatter would start early, I would think, hell, I'd rather have a glass of wine then breakfast, just finish off that bottle, and next thing I know I'm sleeping during a work at home day (!) with my calendar marked "busy".

So, today is Day 2. And my mind chatter got to SCREAMING. Why not drink, why not be like your friends, why deny yourself, why make such a final decision, argument upon argument. I felt like I visited 10 hells through the day. And it would come at random times, like during the drive home. The chatter said, all I have to do is lay this commitment aside, and I'm free to drink. That's all. Let myself out of this self-imposed jail.

I was prepared for the physical symptoms of withdrawl, which have kicked in, but this attack by my mind, the endless debate, is so powerful. I barely defeated it. But I'm scared as hell tomorrow will be harder.

Catbuddy in crisis.
                                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X