Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

LOLA!!! How right you are!!! I could do clear liquids all day long!!! I was hungry, but I didn't CARE!!! Only WE would see that!!! Dang, busted!
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab, Thank you so much for your insightful post. it really did help. I went to an Irish wake last night, you know what goes on there? (drinking) I had no desire at all whatsoever to drink and I still don't, maybe something clicked in me (don't really know). The first week of my quit, I slept 10 hours a night, my three slips were 3- 4 and 7 drinks each time a week apart. I can't believe that I am not sleeping at all...AT ALL at this point. I lay in bed, close my eyes but my body and mind won't shut down and then the freaking bug crawling itchy's, OMG! This post really helped, again, Thank you. I will not drink, not even for sleep.
      AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
      AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

The delicious bowl of broth I just heated up looks like a urine sample...:flush:
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1387394 wrote: The delicious bowl of broth I just heated up looks like a urine sample...:flush:
          LMAO! I hope it tastes better than it looks! Why are you drinking broth? Did I miss somethings?

love the potty by the way.
          I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 3 / Night 2

I'm with Rainy - nights are my mountains and thus, on day 3 I have 2 AF nights behind me. Last night went out to dinner with wife and had no desire for AL. Oh whimsical powers of the universe, give me the strength to continue! This is the way...

Be good,
            Fin
            Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
            Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1387394 wrote: The delicious bowl of broth I just heated up looks like a urine sample...:flush:
              :yukko:

tasty...

Comment

Newbies Nest

What a busy Nest! I go away for half a day and look how much I missed.

Byrdie, I hope your procedure goes smoothly and you get that big fat cheeseburger soon!! Be sure to dip your onion rings in ranch dressing too! Love you!!! :h

I don't even know where to start with catching up...so I won't even try. LOL

I went to lunch with my sister, bro-in-law and a guy they're trying to set me up with. He's pretty much already part of the family, so they figure me and him together is only natural. I've been single so long that I can't even fathom being part of a couple...but, you never know right? I might be too old and set in my ways. LOL

Ok...off to catch up. Hang in there everyone!

K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm having a colonoscopy tomorrow. Stump speech (sorry Stumpy!) Cancer is the 2nd leading cause of death in the US...(#2) and Colon Cancer is #2 of those killers. However, it is 90% preventable. If you are of the age or have a predisposition in your family, grab that phone and make your appointment today. Having a colonoscopy is not as inconvenient as having colon cancer.

The nest is hopping today so that's helping keep me distracted....hugs to all, B
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady, I had a colonoscopy done, it's no big deal, it's the crap ( no pun intended) you have to do the day before that stinks. Good luck girlie!
                    AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                    AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                    STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1387399 wrote: I'm with Rainy - nights are my mountains and thus, on day 3 I have 2 AF nights behind me. Last night went out to dinner with wife and had no desire for AL. Oh whimsical powers of the universe, give me the strength to continue! This is the way...

Be good,
                      Fin
                      Fin - did she drink? Was there booz at the restaurant? Why do you think you had no desire? Is it because you ate before the night really got underway?

Sounds like your night was better than mine!
                      I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon all. I'm still here and still committed to an attitude of gratitude that I don't have to drink today.

Last night I had to go out to a business dinner with work colleagues. There were bottles of wine being passed around, but I asked for sparkling water. I noticed there were several of us who did not drink. In the past I would have had one glass and then spent the rest of the dinner trying to figure out how to get more without appearing to be a lush. I'm so happy I don't have to be that person anymore. I can choose to be a non-drinker and I'm exercising that right.

Stumpy - I have had sleep problems on and off as well - but at least I don't have the sleep problems I had while I was drinking. And I wake up without a hangover - even if I'm tired.

Starfish1 - good job on avoiding the drinks yesterday. Just keep racking up the days. They are starting to go by more quickly for me these days.

Hope you all have a great day.
                        Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd - good luck with your colonoscopy! I'm supposed to schedule one of those and I've been avoiding it!
                          Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

DANG - the nest when chatty and a HALF!

Whew - catching up was LONG....and I'm still kinda confused....I feel like I wandered into the kitchen at a family holiday and missed the preparation of the appetizers so missed all the dirt on 3/4's of the people and half the jokes....

I'm checking in...saying hi! - Sending hugs and love to Byrdie before tomorrow!!!!
                            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rainyday;1387377 wrote: Hun... this is totally normal. I tried to find a good article - but only found the following. this is just one of the stages of recovery.

Depression:

?There is also the type of alcohol depression that comes with early sobriety. As the alcohol leaves the system and people begin to recover, the disease of alcoholism fights with the brain, causing the phenomena of craving often associated with relapse. The alcoholic begins to be unable to imagine life with alcohol or without it, and the alcoholic depression that results can lead to suicide idealization or attempts.? (Jonathan P. Sapling - EzineArticles.com Expert Author)

Feelings and emotions are a part of life but this is a part of life that alcoholics haven?t been able to face. Their old method of dealing with intense emotions such as depression, anxiety, pain and stress is no longer there and they have no understanding of how to deal with them effectively.
                              Thanks rainy - that is sooooo me !!!! But I'm back up and dusted off and ready to fight again xxx
                              Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quest for the key;1387458 wrote: But I'm back up and dusted off and ready to fight again xxx
                                That's my girl! Keep truckin!

Comment

Working...
                                X