• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Invitation to a Pity Party! :bday3:
    Who: Me.
    When: Now.
    Why: I'm so hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soon, my mind will be off my hunger, because I begin drinking....THE STUFF!
    The label says "May cause violent diaherrea" No sh*T!

Be strong Nesters! Don't give in tonight no matter what and no matter who!! Just get thru THIS day (that's what I'm telling my own self right now!!!) Hugs to all! B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Miss Lav...it ain't pretty....but notice the TOOL BOX link under my name!!! Thank you for taking the time to teach me!!! Love you! B
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie I am in. Can you at least drink something like a smoothie?

I got my results today and its all good YEY !!!

AK
        AF since 1st Sep 2012
        NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

No, Allan, just clear stuff. A smootie sure would go down good about now....(salivating)
          Real life Hunger Games! I'm THRILLED that your tests came back good!!! Now go out and eat something for me!!! XO, B
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I will cheer for you by eating a whole bag of prunes again so you are not the only one with diaherrea tonight. Does that sound gross or what? Who cares...

AK
            AF since 1st Sep 2012
            NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan! What a jesture of solidarity (there's a joke in there too, see? they're everywhere!) I just love you too! B
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1387513 wrote: Invitation to a Pity Party!
                Who: Me.
                When: Now.
                Why: I'm so hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                :choc::strawberry::egg::sausages::lolly:

Sorry Byrdie, just couldn't resist. I'll bring my bottle of Highland Spring Water and drink in solidarity with you. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

B, stop you are cracking me up (solidarity ). The prunes are coming out of both ends... In the nest we support each other... no matter what it takes

AK
                  AF since 1st Sep 2012
                  NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, hope all goes well tomorrow....have you planned your 'post-colonoscopy' feast!!!!
                    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rainyday;1387407 wrote: Fin - did she drink? Was there booz at the restaurant? Why do you think you had no desire? Is it because you ate before the night really got underway?

Sounds like your night was better than mine!
                      I had such a great day not being at all hungover that I wasn't really tempted. She did have one cocktail and offered a sip, but I've never been attracted to spirits and had no problem passing. IPA is my thing. Had she offered that, ouch.

It is sort of amazing how acutely tuned in one becomes when not drinking to those who are, and those who are selling it. I mean, every wait person was pushing the drink orders and every table was partying.

After paying my remarkably low dinner bill (normally have at least 12 to 15 dollars more for my IPAs), I realized that one way to drive tips up is to sell fools a lot of alcohol! Duh, no shit. Anyway, it felt awesome to be clear with my wife and then to run off an watch the debate without passing out half way through.

I donno if that answers your question or not. I guess I'm lucky to be feeling better which is a good reward system.
                      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daisy, YES, Ima have a big sloppy cheeseburger with fries, onion rings and a smoothie...(thanks to Allan putting that in my head!!) K9 suggested I dip the O-rings in ranch dressing, which I'm going to do!! (do you have Ranch dressing in Ireland?)

Fin, I am so proud of you! I have become the AL police when I'm out...I'm afraid I keep score of what people drink...just to see if they might be drinking more than I did, and if not, why not? After a while, if you meet people in a bar and you order water...you will never get stuck with the check! Even if they order food and you eat it!

We are going to be so proud of you in the morning when you wake up and announce DAY 4! I'm so glad you are with us!!! B
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1387536 wrote: Daisy, YES, Ima have a big sloppy cheeseburger with fries, onion rings and a smoothie...(thanks to Allan putting that in my head!!) K9 suggested I dip the O-rings in ranch dressing, which I'm going to do!! (do you have Ranch dressing in Ireland?)

Fin, I am so proud of you! I have become the AL police when I'm out...I'm afraid I keep score of what people drink...just to see if they might be drinking more than I did, and if so, why not? After a while, if you meet peopel in a bar and you order water...you will never get stuck with the check! Even if they order food and you eat it!

We are going to be so proud of you in the morning when you wake up and announce DAY 4! I'm so glad you are with us!!! B
                          You're so right on the bar tab front. Man, I'm always just throwing money into the pot just to make sure I'm not the guy withholding. I'm finding that soda water with a lime is a good substitute for me, and refills are free. You have absolutely got to love that.

Regarding Day 4, like others here, I'm counting the actual AF days behind me so tomorrow will really be Day 3 100% AF for the 3rd 24 hour period. I love your support nonetheless and promise I'll hit that 4 for you as well.

Be good,
                          Fin
                          Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                          Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oops, sorry Fin, leave it to a bunch of alkies to start the celebrating early!! I KNOW you can do it! B
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, we have all the dressings here...any sandwich I make has to have mayo on one side and a slopping of whatever dressing on the other.
                              You can do a double celebration with me tomorrow - who would have thought my 30 days AF would coincide with your colonoscopy????!!!!! (the celebration for you being that it's over and you might be a couple of pounds lighter!!!!)
                              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DAISY ARE YOU SERIOUS TOMORROW IS 30 DAYS???? I could explode!! (and that's not the colon cleanse talking!!) I am so PROUD of you girl! I will be finishing up your hat tonight for tomorrow's presentation! Look at you!!! Hugs, :toilet:
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X