Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Yep! Please don't explode!........there'll be nothing left of ye'..........
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

daisy45;1387560 wrote: Yep! Please don't explode!........there'll be nothing left of ye'..........
      Outstanding effort. Keep it up!

Being Good,
      -Fin
      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Fin, after many attempts, this is only the third time I have reached 30 days; third time lucky, eh???!!!
        Keep plugging away. I have been concentrating more on what I am doing every day and have a lot to keep me busy, taking the focus off the fact that I am not drinking. I rarely talk about it as I find it gets me thinking about it more and more.
        Having a plan for the morning has been a major change this time. I have had really bad sleeping habits which I have really worked hard to change......makes such a difference.
        Lack of sleep and feeling groggy the next day brings its own problems; lack of motivation, feeling down, disappointment at being unproductive and then the oul drinking thinking pops in....
        I set my alarm early every morning, make sure I exercise, do something productive, do something helpful for someone else......basically, have a day that I feel is not wasted...just by doing this I find I am getting tired earlier and gradually resetting my bodyclock.
        When I do have a lazy day, I don't mind then, as I feel I have worked for it.
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1387402 wrote: I'm having a colonoscopy tomorrow. Stump speech (sorry Stumpy!) Cancer is the 2nd leading cause of death in the US...(#2) and Colon Cancer is #2 of those killers. However, it is 90% preventable. If you are of the age or have a predisposition in your family, grab that phone and make your appointment today. Having a colonoscopy is not as inconvenient as having colon cancer.

The nest is hopping today so that's helping keep me distracted....hugs to all, B
          Hi birdie:

I have never had one! But as usual you get me thinking I
          I Will be sending strong and steady intestinal fortitude vibes! :h
          :l
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady, I'm thinking of you.
            AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
            AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
            STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks yall....I'm wiped out! bahahaha. But I made it!! I really appreciate everyone's good wishes today's active board really helped me get my mind off of having NO FOOD! You are the BEST!! See you on the other side!! XXOO, B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie - good luck!!!!!!!
                (Ret) Nurse Lav is just an email away

It has been busy around here today, very nice
                Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=Fin;1387535]She did have one cocktail and offered a sip, but I've never been attracted to spirits and had no problem passing. IPA is my thing. Had she offered that, ouch.

This dynamic has long puzzled me, and I wonder if the group has insight. I am a wine gal. LOVE IT. Cannot control my intake around it. Beer, on the other had, I can open and finish half the beer, and through the rest away. I have two beers in my fridge, all other AL I dumped out on Tuesday (Day 1). I looked at them tonight - nothing.

If AL is a drug driving us to consume it, why can we say no to certain forms of it? If I could have the relationship with wine that I do with beer, I wouldn't be here.

Love to hear your thoughts.
                  "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coping with life without AL

:hHi all !!

Day 3 Update. Wow. Only went to hell twice today (vs. 10 visits yesterday). I did have an interesting moment on the drive home, which seems a big at risk time. I thought, this is silly. I don't have a problem. Then another voice in my brain began a litany. It went on for several minutes before the first voice backed down. What a bizarre experience. My mind is truly at war with my mind. It's not physical. This is all happening upstairs. Holy Sh*t - the AL brain??? How do I declaw....my brain? Lots to think about (wow, pun intended).

Re the Hypnotherapy CDs. FUNNY STORY ALERT. I started them last night, after all the encouragement to dive into the MWO program. I got as far as the escalator in the first CD when I fell asleep. Eight hours later and two hours after my alarm DID go off, my dog woke me up from a dead sleep, barking her fool head off. Now for clarity, she is on the other side of the house in a kennel, and never does this. She saved my bacon. I think I would have just kept on sleeping. And of all the times I have overslept due to too many the night before, this would happpen on Day 3 of sobriety.

I was two hours late getting up and now out of time to prepare a financial review for a BOD member coming to our office today. Deep doodoo. I'm thinking - of all the nights in the past decade of chronic insomnia to finally make a breakthrough, it would be this one. Long story short, I squeeked by with an excuse to my boss to skip another mtg and a fast and furious deck to review. So now I'm making excuses to him due to effective sobriety tools. Life is ironic. I will be continuing with the CDs.

Love to everyone holding up this safety net.

Catbuddy :h
                    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cat

That made me giggle - well done on day 3 !!

And thank God for dogs lol xxx
                      Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

daisy45;1387570 wrote: Thanks Fin, after many attempts, this is only the third time I have reached 30 days; third time lucky, eh???!!!
                        Keep plugging away. I have been concentrating more on what I am doing every day and have a lot to keep me busy, taking the focus off the fact that I am not drinking. I rarely talk about it as I find it gets me thinking about it more and more.
                        Having a plan for the morning has been a major change this time. I have had really bad sleeping habits which I have really worked hard to change......makes such a difference.
                        Lack of sleep and feeling groggy the next day brings its own problems; lack of motivation, feeling down, disappointment at being unproductive and then the oul drinking thinking pops in....
                        I set my alarm early every morning, make sure I exercise, do something productive, do something helpful for someone else......basically, have a day that I feel is not wasted...just by doing this I find I am getting tired earlier and gradually resetting my bodyclock.
                        When I do have a lazy day, I don't mind then, as I feel I have worked for it.
                        Daisy - what a great attitude and plan !! You go girl - and well done on your 30 days AF xxxx
                        Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Friday

I would like to say CONGRATS Daisy on 30 AF days :yay:
                          And just in case Byrdie doesn't check in today here's your 30 day hat :goodtime:

Catbuddy, apparently the CDs are effective :H
                          Stick with them because I believe they really do a great job working on your subconscious

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!
                          A good weekend plan will help you keep your AF goals.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

awesome story on the CD's catbuddy - lots of brain healing going on! Hi Lav! And DAISY - Girl! I am so so happy for you!!! You sound like a different person, and Stumpy is right - great plan.

My thoughts are with Byrdie this morning - for an uneventful procedure and let's hope she doesn't say anything she regrets....can't you just see it? All those colon jokes she's been suppressing will all come flying out of her mouth the minute the meds kick in :H:h
                            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

A Day to Celebrate!

Good thoughts to you Byrdie. I hope everything comes out all right :H That big sloppy cheeseburger-fest will taste divine.

Daisy! Congratulations on 30 AF days. We share the same quit date! Way to go girl :goodjob: let's get pumped for the next 30! It's good to be sober in October!

~nurdl
                              :notes:
                              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW! Byrdie's off for a day and we messed up! NURDL - 30 days?!?!?! :goodjob:

Is this the hat?!?!?! :day5: Oh I feel so inadequate...we should prepare for these things - LOL. ALLAN!!!!

Anyway - we are having a Friday party in honor of Daisy and Nurdl!!!!!!
                                :disco:
                                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X