Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi RC,

I think triathalons are great for runners. The swimming especially keeps your muscles flexible, which can safeguard your back. The biking gives you a break from impact. Today I just did the running leg, although in previous races I have done all three. I really liked this option - we all went full throttle in our individual events, which was really intense. But we won (2nd) as a team, which was amazing. None of us had placed in a sport since childhood.

The other activity to consider is Yoga. Running makes my entire body tight, and regular yoga can balance this.

Clarify note to all who might be wondering:

Despite my references around this weekend to a "sleepover" with my "partner" who is a female, I am not gay. Decidely hetero, just single. I thought maybe from folks' concern that a sleepover this weekend might be too soon, they were thinking the romantic kind. So that mystery solved.
    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fin,

Thank you for your encouragement! And so glad you are present for your son. If you are like me, there have been many nights of barely there. I hope you enjoy the movie; ironically, it is subtlely about excess physical consumption. Good commitment booster.

Good night too, fellow athlete.

Cat
      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

I've had a busy day but I think I'm mostly caught up with stuff around here

Good job today Catbuddy
        Placing 2nd & dumping the bottle = awesome!

Glad to see so many moving forward & further away from that destructive beast AL. No, we do not need to drink ~ life is much better without AL

Byrdie, glad your ordeal is over.....when do you have to do that again?
        We all have to bite the bullet & do what we have to do to take good care of ourselves.

Wishing everyone a cozy night in the nest. Stay put & stay AF
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey....I'm tired - it was a busy day for me...and on top of everythign I got some bee pollen and tried some on my finger - just a little bit - but had a fairly strong allergic reaction. itchy mouth, throat, inner ears....thick throat....I was getting scared! But was a couple hours ago, and I'm still alive.

Great Fin - enjoy the evening with your guy...and catbuddy- I was thinking that a "drinking" sleepover was maybe a little too tempting this early in your quit....that's all...:-) But you handled. it.

Wonder if stumpys still itching? I hope she's gotten some sleep...I'm about to.
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin's Roll Call

Roll Call for Oct 6th, 2012

Fin - Day 5 (feeling great!)
            Dottie - Day 6 (feeling good!)
            Nurdl - Day 31 (craving)
            :notes:
            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nurdl - Day 31 (craving)
              Limonada - Day 10!! (weird lethargy)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear Byrdie,

Buzzer is about to go off for dinner. I'm not telling you what it is, but it's not creepy crawlers. A close second. I do love you too much to share, but not to tease you a little. :h :l

You are not only one of the kindest, sincerest, wisest, smartest, classiest, & funniest woman ever!!!... Just a beautiful woman!!!... You are a treasured gift for a tremendous amount of people!!!... Many others here as well, I'm so grateful for!!!... Thank you!!!... :h

My days are running together so fast, but now remember Thursday, Mom's Surgery, I followed the wheel chair van over & the surgeon noticed the Dr. who ordered forgot to take her off the blood thinner. I mean so many things this Ins, Dr's, hospital, re-hab home, has fecked up. I drove back & I thought of drinking I remembered what you said. All I have to do is get thru this day. I never told you about another time. I love you!!!... I got thru it!... Crap now I'm gettin sentimental. I'm out of emoticons. XO

Power went out yesterday for a bit. It's been crazy hectic. Hubs had a root canal Wed to, not good. I'm sober have good news. I will PM you back & my other friends, as soon as possible.

SV, aka Sheri a special one will be coming for you too. I'm sorry I'm behind on e-mail to you hun from last time. :l :h I love you!!!...... XO

Thank you for your prayers!!!.... I felt them, they worked, along with some other prayer warriors, who know the truth!!!...

Waving hi to all the fabulous people in the Nest.

Much Love, :h

Wildflowers

PS. I'll try to get back on tonight. There's some things I want to attend to. Meow ~ grrr... Some flower hunting for a special Daisyluv. XO

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roll Call

Nurdl - Day 31 (craving)
                  Limonada - Day 10!! (weird lethargy)
                  Hypernova - Day 1 (finally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Catbuddy;1388636 wrote: Hi RC,

I think triathalons are great for runners. The swimming especially keeps your muscles flexible, which can safeguard your back. The biking gives you a break from impact. Today I just did the running leg, although in previous races I have done all three. I really liked this option - we all went full throttle in our individual events, which was really intense. But we won (2nd) as a team, which was amazing. None of us had placed in a sport since childhood.

The other activity to consider is Yoga. Running makes my entire body tight, and regular yoga can balance this.
                    Hey Cat,

1) :woot: :woot: on coming second place - that is AWESOME
                    2) WELL DONE on slaying that Medusa of a wine bottle :goodjob:
                    3) Thank you for the Tri - advice. Reckon I will sign up for the local Tri club, and find a yoga class too...

Really pleased for you.

Wow, MWO is feeling kinda sporty right now.

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1388654 wrote: on top of everythign I got some bee pollen and tried some on my finger - just a little bit - but had a fairly strong allergic reaction. itchy mouth, throat, inner ears....thick throat....I was getting scared! But was a couple hours ago, and I'm still alive.
                      You ok Lola?! Hope you were able to get rest and the bee pollen reaction has buggered off! Query - why do you try some on your finger? Just curious!

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

:disco:
                        RunningCourage;1388703 wrote: Hey Cat,

1) :woot: :woot: on coming second place - that is AWESOME
                        2) WELL DONE on slaying that Medusa of a wine bottle :goodjob:
                        3) Thank you for the Tri - advice. Reckon I will sign up for the local Tri club, and find a yoga class too...

Really pleased for you.

Wow, MWO is feeling kinda sporty right now.

RC
                        TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTY.

HAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPY.

Thanks and a shout out to all the nesters across the pond who read our posts when they get up the next day. I'm going to sleep now, and look forward to catching up on your posts in my a.m. Not to be too sappy, but I am so amazed that we can support each other half a world away.

FYI - I am Irish and Welsh heritage. Seems like I'm getting support from my peeps. Hope to be equally supportive, too.

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Catbuddy;1388712 wrote: I am so amazed that we can support each other half a world away.

FYI - I am Irish and Welsh heritage. Seems like I'm getting support from my peeps. Hope to be equally supportive, too.
                          Awesome, aint it?! And really it's just a big pond

Us Celts may be known for our love of the liquor, but we are equally known for our determination to do something. And see it through. Eh... any chance of someone creating an emoticon that wears a kilt?!?!?!?!

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all.

My little elfs were working hard all night to make awards for three very special people on MWO, who are celebrating their first big milestone. I am very proud to present moons to Dottie, Starfish1 and rooniferd :moon::moon::moon:

This is a huge step to being the best you that you can. 1st week is by far the hardest so stay strong and if you experience a wave of emotional ups and downs like I did in my first month, and still do, we are here to listen and help. Look forward to celebrating your 30 days AF!!!

Hugs

ALLAN
                            AF since 1st Sep 2012
                            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Catbuddy,

I was faced with exactly the same dilemman yesterday. Alcohol is a very popular gift and a housewarming present. Guests often bring it with them when they come over, so best is to let them finish the entire supply or like some suggested Re-gift it. I am sure your colleagues, neighbours and family would love a bottle of wine as a gift. I like the sound of the latter option as it brings joy to someone else, and a feeling of accomplishment to you.

RC, I am with you all the way. I would rather dance like a granddad anytime of the week than throwing up on stage or coming on to some girl like a frisky uncontrolled teenager. Good on you.

Lola, I hope you feel better. What are our options when it comes to allergy and cough medicines? Most of them contain alcohol???

ALLAN
                              AF since 1st Sep 2012
                              NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

There's a chill in the air today, I welcome the change

My whole gang will be here for dinner today so I will be extra busy.
                                Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday. Congrats to the milestoners today

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X