Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

allankay;1388755 wrote: Hello all.

My little elfs were working hard all night to make awards for three very special people on MWO, who are celebrating their first big milestone. I am very proud to present moons to Dottie, Starfish1 and rooniferd :moon::moon::moon:

This is a huge step to being the best you that you can. 1st week is by far the hardest so stay strong and if you experience a wave of emotional ups and downs like I did in my first month, and still do, we are here to listen and help. Look forward to celebrating your 30 days AF!!!

Hugs

ALLAN
    Thank you so much for my moon! I am sitting here chuckling and feeling proud. I really hope I can do this for real this time!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you Rooni

I just ran across some 'extra help' & wanted to share!
      I hope everyone can get the MWO Hypno CDs - they are very effective. But here's a great sale yuo may want to see: Meditation books & audiobooks :: Wildmind Meditation Supplies
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

cat, the success of your day slipped by me last night - that is a wonderful story - with a very happy ending....you learned so much about yourself! Not only can you take an awesome second place in the race - but you stood up to so many difficult temptations and you came out an even bigger winner there. Not only did you not drink, you grew by leaps and bounds in your confidence level.

Oh - the bee pollen...I was getting honey from the beekeeper at the farmer's market and he had some jars of "stuff" and when I asked what it was, he told me bee pollen, and that there are many believed health benefits. So tried some. I wasn't eating anything that I could sprinkle some of it on - thank GOD! So, I just dipped my finger in to see what it tasted like. I won't be doing that again....I did read that some people should build up their tolerance to it, but no thank you. I still have a lingering headache - but that could be the awful freezing temps this morning!

Congratulations to the one weekers!!!!! I'm sure Lav didn't "mean" to call you stoners.....OH! she said MILE stoners....:H
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roll Call for Oct 7th, 2012

Fin - Day 6 (Welcome hypernova)
          Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
          Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Sunday morning all. I haven't posted in a couple of days because I'm actually on vacation with my hubby. I was kind of leary of it as vacation usually means lots of drinks. However, this one is more of an outdoor hiking/fall leaves vacation so I thought I was safe.

So, yesterday we checked into a romantic bed and breakfast in the Mountains, and - guess what...they have a wonderful layout of desserts, coffee's and teas to chose from all day long. The downside, is they also offer free wine. I have chosen to abstain - I have to admit - I did a bit of struggling last night - but I realized whatever I was feeling (the urge to run to the bottle and pour myself a huge glass) would pass. And it did. I had a nice herbal tea before bed while my husband sipped a glass of wine. Now I just need to get through the next couple of days and the temptation will be gone - as we're going camping after this.

So, for me this is roll call day 14 AF. I have made it almost half way to 30 days and I'm determined to get there. Cat - your story of pouring the wine down the sink resonated with me - good move! This just has to be a new lifestyle.

Hope you all have a wonderful AF day in the nest.
            Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin - Day 6 (Welcome hyper nova)
              belles - Day 14
              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hypernova!! Very well done....I am so happy for you...D1 is a b****!

Wildflowers, what the heck? Thank you for all of those kind words...I am speechless! Well, almost! I appreciate that...some days you are the dog around here and some days you are the hydrant! You are very kind. Aging parents are an awesome responsibility....the things that can go wrong outnumber the ones that go right. I'm so happy that you remained present for it all.

I had runs, too, this week...but I'm not an athlete.....

Allan, there are a myriad of cough remedies WITHOUT AL!!!! Not just one or two...I have some on hand now in case....I didn't want to have to send hubs to the store and risk having him buy the wrong thing. There are alternatives for everything with AL, thankfully!! Mouthwash, etc...

I am so proud of everyone....K9 said not too long ago, just pour the beer or wine into the toilet and save your poor body the trouble of processing it! You won't mess up your days, either....

Well done, everyone....I am beaming with PRIDE!!! XXOO, B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

belles - Day 14
                  Catbuddy - Day 6 (You and Me, Fin!)
                  "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, mouthwash has completely slipped my mind. I have used AL free for a while as it is kinder on my gums. I wonder how many of us consume alcohol without even knowing it. I mean a lot of pre-prepared meals, meals served at restaurants and sauces have AL. Then there are the pharmaceuticals, chocolates... Damn, I wonder if consuming a drop of it will have any adverse reaction, like cravings and ...

Hmmm makes you think.

ALLAN
                    AF since 1st Sep 2012
                    NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

belles - Day 14
                      ALLANKAY - Day 37 (Worried about consuming alcohol by mistake)
                      AF since 1st Sep 2012
                      NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

belles - Day 14
                        ALLANKAY - Day 37 (Worried about consuming alcohol by mistake)
                        rooniferd - Day 7 (looking forward to getting to double digits on Wednesday)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan that is too funny and i do feel good about 7 days...one whole week/....been a LONG time since I have been able to string a whole week together...
                          Listened to the second CD last night...interesting stuff....will continue with that and my vitamins to help mend the broken body the AL created.
                          Feeling great on day 7!! WooHoo!!
                          Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

To everyone who is approaching the double digits, look out for tornado (because they are sudden and unpredictable) cravings/pangs. After my first week I felt better and very confident but there were a couple of times that I had almost given in. Try to put as much time between the initial thought and the time you are holding that x%beverage in your hand. Planning ahead is crucial in order to recognise this situation and avoid a relapse. Take deep breaths, immediately rehydrate and eat a chocolate bar, fruit...anything to fill you up. While you are doing this imagine what you would feel like the following morning if you gave in to your temptation. Even if you do end up having just one drink, the effort you have put in this week will be wasted. This will result in shame, guilt and low self esteem. I have read a lot of these posts over the last few weeks so be ready, get your velcro ready and stay close to the nest.

Wishing you strength!

ALLAN
                            AF since 1st Sep 2012
                            NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Belles - you are nearly half way to your hat! Keep going girl. We are here for you.
                              Dottie, Rooniferd and Starfish! Woot! Woot! That first week is tough and you are almost in double digit land. I am so glad to be walking this path with you all. Allan (aka Moonman) you have found your special gift to share with our newest of newbies. Not to all the support you provide to us all.
                              Have a terrific AF day all!
                              ~nurdl
                              :notes:
                              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan, I felt funny once after I realized I'd eaten ravioli that had marsalla in the sauce...I couldn't taste it...but I felt like I'd cheated! I didn't, of course. K9 takes the Antabuse and is able to eat things like Miso soup and such and it doesn't affect her...so I say the little bit of stuff you might have eaten shouldn't worry you. HOWEVER, I take Lav's advice and I don't cook with it, I don't eat chocolates with liqueor in the center, and I won't use cough syrups and such if AL is in them. I'm just not going to tempt the Gods....I know that MOST of the AL cooks out, yadda, yadda, yadda....but tell that to my ALK brain (that has a mind of its own) that is looking for a fix. I avoid it, but I'm sure I may have had a couple things where it existed....Hope that helps...worry about something else today!! B
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X