• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Fin - Day 6 (Welcome hyper nova)
    belles - Day 14
    Catbuddy - Day 6 (You and Me, Fin!)
    ALLANKAY - Day 37 (Worried about consuming alcohol by mistake)
    rooniferd - Day 7 (looking forward to getting to double digits on Wednesday)
    RunningCourage - Day 21 (IF, that is, IF i can get through to midnight without having a drink at the bands night at work. It's not like last night when there was Balkan dancing. Lime and soda... lime and soda...)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Running...you can do it. Don't forget...you have a hat at stake! Plan for success is the best advice I can give you. Imagine all of our avatars on the table when you are ordering...we are cheering you on. Hope is not a strategy! You Will succeed...I just know it! B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

B, I just need to come to terms with it. I doubt that someone can develop an addiction to marsala sauce, just to cheat the system. I really freaked out when I found out about how many foods contain trace amounts of alcohol. It’s not that I am afraid to relapse it just that I am so proud of my 37 days and don’t want a soup to undermine my mental state. I guess if it has AL in the name then we should stay away. Like brandy chocolate and irish coffee...

AK
        AF since 1st Sep 2012
        NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, that's exactly the way I look at it, Allan. No Rum Cake for me....B
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC, I have complete confidence in you. At this stage you have too much to lose for just one drink.

I am also wondering about all the people that contributed to the October Sober thread. There were so many people there on day 4,5,6 and all of a sudden come the weekend and I don’t hear from them. It’s just you and Stumpy at the moment. I hope I won’t see too many day 1 regrets tomorrow...

ALLAN
            AF since 1st Sep 2012
            NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, I have to ask you something. Ever since I quit drinking I have been having regular dreams where I would drink and then wake up with a horrible sense of guilt. It usually takes me a good few minutes to realise that it was just a dream. It is not the same with smoking WTF? Do you share the same dreams? Have you had them recently?

ALLAN
              AF since 1st Sep 2012
              NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan, drinking dreams are VERY common. I certainly had them, and I see it over and over with nesters. They are a pretty good reminder of how we actually feel when we blow it, so maybe it's a way to keep ourselves honest. Yes it is very common in the first few months. HOWEVER, I'm happy to tell you that my dreams now are those where I am NOT drinking. I think the message has finally gotten thru to my sub-head. I had a dream that included Robert Redford a couple weeks ago, and I wasn't drinking in that dream...and I had one last night where someone stole the tires off my car, and my dog was inside it...and the windows were all the way up. It was 9:30 at night, and I remember thinking that I needed to call the police ...and I didn't have to worry because there was nothing on my breath for them to smell! So to answer your question, I had them the first several months where I was drinking in the dreams.....I still have dreams involving AL, but thank god now I'm not drinking it.
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, a couple of posters directed me to this thread, so I'll introduce myself here.

I'm Paul and I'm an alcoholic. I'm here because I spend a pretty large amount of time on the internet and I figure an online community can be just as helpful to me as the A.A. meetings I'm attending.

Basic background: Longhorn, Buddhist (who's been completely ignoring one of the basic precepts), poker player, guitar player, writer.

Thanks in advance for being here. Looks like a pretty great community.

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1388946 wrote: Byrdie, I have to ask you something. Ever since I quit drinking I have been having regular dreams where I would drink and then wake up with a horrible sense of guilt. It usually takes me a good few minutes to realise that it was just a dream. It is not the same with smoking WTF? Do you share the same dreams? Have you had them recently?

ALLAN
                    For what it's worth, I had those exact same dreams when I quit smoking, at least a couple of times a week for quite a while. The unconscious mind is a powerful thing and these addictions have sadly gotten all the way in.

Good luck.

Comment

Newbies Nest

B, I really like Redford he is one of the top actors and I think he should get a lot more credit than he does. I don’t usually remember my dreams but for some reason I do remember the ones where I drink. The best are the lucid dreams. I used to have them a lot when I was younger and even trained myself to enter a lucid dream. The experience is truly awesome and only a few people get to experience it at all.

AnotherPaul, I have read your initial thread. This site is nothing like AA. We don’t judge here and we encourage self reliance. I am not sure what your goals are at the moment so perhaps you could write a little more about your history with alcohol and your plans for the future. MWO is divided into two sections 1) Abstainers 2) Moderators. You need to decide for yourself which path you want to follow but know that we will be here to support your decision.

ALLAN
                      AF since 1st Sep 2012
                      NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey gang- star checkIng in from phone again. So this won't be a long post but just got thru reading all the posts since last night and am SO incredibly proud of all of us! What an extraordinarily strong bunch of newbies we have in the nest right now! Great job, cat, for dumping that vino! And Allan- thank you so much for my "moon". Dottie and roonie- thanks for hanging tight with me.
                        I have had a really busy weekend and day. But just wanted to share something nice. I treated myself to a nice long hike in our beautiful community nature center this afyernoon- and I brought each one of you with me ( in my heart). HopIng that each of you was having a peaceful afternoon.
                        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Part 2 of previous post

Continuing on in another post so I wouldn't time out - just wanted to mention that I too had a little triumph when I discovered that Dh did not drink those beers he had left in the fridge yesterday so I asked him to get them out of the house. Which he has done. Too tempting. So I am enjoying a nice cup of herbal tea at the moment and loving my sobriety and the strength you friends continue to give me. Love you all so much.
                          Also. Welcome Paul. You are in a great spot. We hope you buckle in and stay a while.

Love,
                          Star

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin - Day 6 (Welcome hyper nova)
                            belles - Day 14
                            Catbuddy - Day 6 (You and Me, Fin!)
                            ALLANKAY - Day 37 (Worried about consuming alcohol by mistake)
                            rooniferd - Day 7 (looking forward to getting to double digits on Wednesday)
                            RunningCourage - Day 21
                            starfish1- day 7( feeling great and wow I can't believe I am smart enuf to figure out how to add to this list using my IPhone- lol)

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just saying "HI" to all you lovely people. Back again, gotta sort my life, head body and heart out. Can't even think straight at this moment in time, my good intentions are back, will pop back later. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

PHEW...

:woot:

All fine in the end. Byrdie, Allan, Stumpy, Cat, thanks for the support. I realised that if i was drinking it would be to stave off the boredom/tiredness. So i stayed for a couple of the warm-up acts, then headed off. Let the young 'uns let rip with the headline band, as i made myself some tea and toast back home. Painting the town red is me...

So, today is THREE WEEKS (excuse me one moment...)

:happy: Oh yeah :happy: Oh yeah :happy: Oh yeah...

Oh, ok, going overboard with the icons there... still got 9 days to go... till my new hat (which, as an added incentive, Byrdie, will be useful for the forthcoming chilly wintry months ).

RC

Comment

Working...
                                X