ALLAN
    AF since 1st Sep 2012
    NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

You are so right Allan - perseverance is the name of the game
      It does get easier & easier to say 'No Thanks', just believe that!!!

Chilly around my portion of the nest this morning but the sun is up so all is well
      Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav,

its chilli here too, has been raining for the last few hours. Hot chocolate kind of weather.

Keep those chickens warm.

AK
        AF since 1st Sep 2012
        NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! Phew day. I like it!!!

Allan you need to ask for a raise. You are working overtime hun, all those moons?!? Congratulations all!!!

Cat one day you'll accept that invite and smile and say 'but could I just have a nice cold ice water instead?" When you gain a little more confidence...but I have to say that I am super impressed with the clarity of the posts from the last few days...what an amazing group here right now.

No school today so no epic posts from me...:H. See? It really IS phew day!
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roll Call for Oct 8th, 2012

Fin - Day 7 (Welcome AnotherPaul - I am Paul Fin on Moon Day)
            Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
            Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

I can't believe the depth of wisdom in this nest... new folks stretching out willing wings to help newer ones. I am so proud of everyone here...
              Every day you don't feed the Beast makes you stronger and him weaker! Well done everyone!!! XO, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin - Day 7
                Daisy - Day 33
                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

My proceedure got me backed up on my hat doody!!!

Daisy, please accept this hat on behalf of the entire Newbie's Nest!!! :bday3:
                  I am so proud of you!! The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory. I can't tell you what an inspiration you are...I am almost speechless!

Here's to you, and a lifetime of easy sobriety! Kick @$$! XO, B and the nesters...
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin - Day 7
                    Daisy - Day 33
                    rooniferd - Day 8

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good ?Moonday? morning, fellow nesters!

And- congratulations to Catbuddy, Fin and Mootsbill on reaching your 7 day milestones. :goodjob: We are all so proud of you. I think I already congratulated Daisy, but will do so again, since she deserves it.
                      Byrdie, Lav and Lola- I agree with you that this bunch of newbies is the best ever in their ability to realize that we all will continue to have pesky AL thoughts and temptations, just because of the way society is, and maybe because of the way our own brains are wired, but we really all must learn to keep our heads on straight and our eyes on the prize. Everyone is so supportive here.

I, myself, have failed over and over again in sticking to a life of sobriety and each time I have gotten off the path, it has taken me many many tries and a lot of heartache, broken relationships, wasted time and wasted money before I could get back on the ?straight and narrow?. I really can?t even say what leads me off the path to begin with most of the time. The triggers are different, but the outcome is always the same. Pure misery, guilt, shame, remorse, etc. It is NOT WORTH it. EVER! :upset:

I know many of us continue to romanticize our relationships with AL and sometimes feel we are somehow ?missing out? since we can?t drink like (everyone?) else. We feel our freedom of choice about drinking has been taken away by our proven circumstances (we just can?t handle controlling/limiting our intake of the stuff). But in actuality, we are just making a BETTER choice. We are choosing to preserve our health, our sanity, our relationships by not drinking AL.
                      It is not easy- but I know from what others on this forum say and from my own personal experience (I had 3 years of sobriety a few years back) that is does get easier. And we will feel better and better as we get some sober time under our feathers- but right now, most of us still have wobbly legs (sober as we are). We are just like baby birds and we need the support of one another and of our nest moms (Thanks, ladies!)
                      Today is day eight for me and in spite of feeling pride in that, I know I cannot trust myself, left to my own devices, to stay away from AL- even through this day. That is why the support of this community is so very crucial to me- and to you. We are all in the right spot. And I am so happy to be here with such a great group. Thanks for all you are doing for me!
                      Hang tight All
                      :h Star
                      P.S. I need an airtight plan to get me through this day. Will work on that right now
                      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin - Day 7
                        Daisy - Day 33
                        rooniferd - Day 8
                        Star- Day 8
                        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie day 8!
                          WooHoo made it the entire weekend....
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, Fin, Rooni , and Star YOU are layin it down for real!!!!!!!!!!! Hot dang. Carry on...B
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Observations

Being AF the last week has lead to:
                              • A more mellow transition into home life from work which I wouldn't have expected. I'm less reactive and more willing to chip in vs. escape the sometimes chaotic scene.
                              • The time I have with my girl and boy (12 and 6 respectively) is infinitely better and I feel totally at ease and free knowing that I don't stink like IPA. I'm more open to reading, or just hanging out with them before lights out. YES! This is one of the things I was hoping would improve going AF.
                              • I'm back to wrestling with my boy. I can tell he really missed our All Star Wresting sessions that we had when I was less of a lush. Again, not worrying about stinking like beer, it's easier to jump into the mayhem. Plus, I don't end up feeling sick afterwards from a full belly of beer.
                              • When I go to bed I know exactly what I did that night. Not so when in an IPA daze.
                              • I'm sleeping so much better. I use to routinely wake up at 2 AM wide awake from all the IPA sugars metabolizing in my body and a need to pee. I'm now sleeping soundly through the night and even dreaming again (I wish this for all of you who are currently experiencing some sleep issues - hang in there!)My wife is wondering why I don't snore anymore?!The mornings are absolutely awesome in comparison to the IPA mornings -- the morning guy hated the night guy. Now the morning guy loves the night guy. I'm 100% clear, energetic and proud of the day before's hard work and acknowledge the all hard work will make for a great new day.I have a disciplined hour and a half every weekday morning to study / practice mandolin. The new found clarity is incredibly noticeable. I find that I can concentrate a solid 30 minutes more and the notes seem to just flow under my fingers. This mental /physical improvement alone is a striking reminder how frickin' destructive AL is on our minds and bodies.I'm recovering faster from hard workouts. Our bodies recover mostly while we sleep, but if our system is overwhelmed processing AL, it puts the muscle recovery on hold. Anyway, my CrossFit and other workouts have felt so much more energetic and that lingering sensation that I may barf at any moment seems to have passed.Best of all, I can look at myself in the mirror each morning knowing that I'm now living the life I want to live...being the person I see myself being -- no more lies, regret, shame, embarrassment or noise in my head about what a dip shit I am for drinking so much the night before. Rather my eyes are clear and bright and I feel alive!

"We are what we do everyday." I saw that somewhere in these wonderful posts. That quote really resonated with me as it's very-very true.

Let's keep it rolling, folks. Be good...
                              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin - Day 7
                                Daisy - Day 33
                                rooniferd - Day 8
                                Star- Day 8
                                K9Lover - Day 287

Wow..busy Nest! I've only had time to skim the last few pages. I did notice some talk about Antabuse and alcohol in food....like Byrdie said, I've never had a reaction to anything...except straight alcohol of course! A couple weeks ago I was out to dinner and they had a pasta sauce that had Chianti in it and I ordered it before it even hit me what that was (I was never a wine drinker)...so I ordered something else instead, I don't risk it if I can help it. But I've never had a reaction to any products...and I use everything under the sun!

Well this weekend was a prime example of being sober...here's what I did:
                                -Built a loft bed, took 8 hours
                                -Scrubbed 2 bathrooms
                                -Changed all sheets
                                -Did all the laundry AND put it away
                                -Vacuumed entire house
                                -Hand washed the Car
                                -Cleaned/organized garage
                                -Cleaned out pantry and reorganized all the food
                                -Scrubbed kitchen
                                -Mopped all hardwood floors
                                -Dusted entire house
                                -Bathed the dog

Just looking at that list makes me exhausted. LOL I'm glad to be at work so I can rest. I never, ever would have gotten any of that done in my drinking days. It would have taken all my energy just to move from the bed to the couch.

I know it doesnt seem like it at first, but being sober is SO much better. It takes a while to get there, but it WILL happen...so if you are struggling, remember that it does get better. Don't give up before the miracle happens.

xoxoxo
                                K9
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X