• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Back to nest and back at day 1. Poop.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cold here today..what happened to fall...waiting for service person to look at furnace for the season.
      Day 8 and feeling OK for now. Being very careful...made beer bread yesterday and made dh buy 7up instead, not that I like beer but why take a chance...I dont think the bread tastes any different....NO beer....who cares....
      But have lots of things to do today...dental appointment later and may not make the gym but will get lots of exercise today around here.
      Dottie
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Newbie Nest! I am brand new to the forum and on day 1. Drank last night and feel terrible today so I know that I can make it through today, it's tomorrow I question. What excuse will I come up with tomorrow to have " just one drink" (which turns into one bottle). I'm always rationalizing that "one drink" and I'm so over it. I have begun to despise myself for allowing me to continue doing this to moy body. I've gained 50 lbs in the last year that I had lost when I had cut back. I'm disappointed in myself every time I have a craving yet always give into it.
        I'm so glad I found this forum because I believe that being able to openly talk about my problem may help me stay sober for good!!! Wish me luck!
        One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roll Call Oct, 8th 2012

Roll Call Oct, 8th 2012

Fin - Day 7
          Daisy - Day 33
          rooniferd - Day 8
          Star- Day 8
          K9Lover - Day 287
          Dottie - Day 8
          Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
          Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=Fin;1389307]Roll Call Oct, 8th 2012

Fin - Day 7
            Daisy - Day 33
            rooniferd - Day 8
            Star- Day 8
            K9Lover - Day 287
            Dottie - Day 8
            GettingReal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roll Call Oct, 8th 2012

Fin - Day 7
              Daisy - Day 33
              rooniferd - Day 8
              Star- Day 8
              K9Lover - Day 287
              Dottie - Day 8
              GettingReal - Day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to the nest Imaquitter! We are so glad you are here :welcome:
                We are a bunch of quitters too- so you should feel right at home. Our nest moms and some of the senior members will be flying in soon to help you get properly situated and take you right under a wing, but just looking at your post, I think it would be great for you to just take a look at some of the conversations that have been going on in the nest as recently as this morning and last night regarding sticking to commitments.

Hope to see you around here a lot, imaquitter! You have landed in the right spot!

:l
                Star
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey there, Getting Real. Welcome to our nest and Congratulations on Day 1. That is definitely a step in the right direction. We are here to help in any way we can.
                  :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin's roll cal

Fin - Day 7
                    Daisy - Day 33
                    rooniferd - Day 8
                    Star- Day 8
                    Dottie - Day 8
                    Catbuddy - Day 7
                    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin's roll call

[QUOTE=Fin;1389307]Roll Call Oct, 8th 2012

Fin - Day 7
                      Daisy - Day 33
                      rooniferd - Day 8
                      Star- Day 8
                      K9Lover - Day 287
                      Dottie - Day 8
                      Catbuddy - Day 7
                      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Does medication really help?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ima and Getting! Welcome! You have landed in the best possible place if you want to finally get this monkey off your back! As you can see, we have folks in ALL stages of quitting...from Day 1 to 3 years!

We all know (too well) the living hell AL brings. Just as Star instructed, take a read back maybe a couple weeks or so and get to know us...you will find the Tool Box link in my signature line, there are 100's of tips and skills there to help you. You are never alone here!

Job one is getting control of your mind. It's not going to tell you what to do today, you are going to tell it. Today, you are not going to drink. There are just a couple of fundamentals ....get ALL of the AL out of your house. WHAT? NOOOOOOO! Yes! You don't need a safety net, because this time you are going to win! Change your routine, plan on baking some cookies or getting on the internet or whatever isn't what you normally do (that enables your drinking self). Dig your heels in and say, NO, HELL NO! AL will not take one more day of my life! Keep yourself well hydrated and eat.. Yes, keep eating. A full tummy says....'dang, I don't want ANYTHING else' And these are just the words your new head needs to hear. Go to bed early if need be....just do what it takes to get thru THIS day. I know you can do it. If I were offering you $276,000 could you do it? You bet! No money I'm afraid to say, but motivation is motivation....Imagine the prize when you achieve it! I can't offer you money, but I can offer you energy, self esteem and something more powerful than money....HOPE! The future is ahead....you can do it!!

Stay strong today....don't give in no matter what and no matter who!! XXOO, Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, I leave for two hours and come back to a bunch of unread posts.

K9 we have missed you this weekend, I almost raised the alarm with Byrdie, Lav and Lola. Now I see that you have been one busy bee. I like the sound of you hand washing the car but to be honest the marketing campaigns on TV have really messed up that image for me and men across the globe. Every time I hear the word car wash I imagine Paris Hilton eating Carl?s junior burger on top of a car. Hmmm I could really go for a Carl?s junior burger right now. You see men are all about visual effects. Now I can?t even remember what I was talking about LOL

ALLAN
                            AF since 1st Sep 2012
                            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nestlings, and welcome to all the new birdies here. This truly is a good place. Even though I still read here a lot, just wanted to check in for real. Had a bad day this past Thursday, and had the strongest pulls back to the beast due to 4 pieces of bad news that hit within about an hour's time. Funny how old habits never die...however, I feel like I keep a nest twig in my hand at all times. I could see Byrdie's tag line "all you have to do is get through this day". and I did. Tomorrow will be another challenge (mammogram recall...!!!) and I've gotta keep grounded and ready to tangle. It is true, that dealing with things sober is so much better. Thank you Nest and MWO for being here.:thanks:
                              BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone,

Hope it?s okay if I pop in for a quick hello. It?s been ages since I?ve posted here but I just spent all morning reading through the last few days of posts. Oh my gosh -- you are all such amazing and generous people! It really makes me incredibly happy to see so many moving towards a better life. With the help of this place and a whole bunch of determination it is 100% achievable. I joined last October after YEARS of off and on lurking. I?m now just over a year AF! NEVER in a million years did I think I would be able to say that. Reading your stories is what has kept me going. So a big huge THANKS to everyone here for helping me out.

I wish I could address everyone individually but that would take me until next week! LolaB -- I?m sorry I missed your party but I sure was thinking about you. I?m so proud of you!!! You?ve inspired and helped me more than I can say. I still think about Windy too. She was here at ?the beginning?. Hope all is well with her.

I just have to say regarding the ?Sober is the new drunk? quote -- I love it and couldn?t agree more! This past weekend I had the opportunity to pass up LOTS of drinks and I did it with pleasure -- especially as the night wore on. One poor guy -- a good friend -- just wouldn?t stop. Limonada -- he was in the same condition as your ?walking dead man? only not so young. I really felt for him -- I know he spent all of Sunday in bed with a self-induced ?flu?. So glad those days are long gone for me. I get queasy just thinking about it.

Fin --Congratulations on your AF week! It?s fantastic to hear that the morning guy now likes the evening guy. It makes things so much easier when you can get along with yourself.

Hi K9 -- Just reading your weekend chores exhausted me too. I have to admit my sober days have not done much to decrease my laziness when it comes to housework. If only I had a maid? I did think about hiring one with all the money I?ve saved over the past year but in the end I?d rather spend it on something fun! Who cares about a little dust anyway. Cough, cough. Oh - and congrats on the no smoking! That?s fantastic.

Allankay -- nice to meet you! I can really empathize with your fear of AL in food. This August we had a friend visiting from Italy. I had just bought a bushel of amazing tree-ripened peaches from a roadside stand to make pies and jam for the freezer. She asked everyone if she could make a traditional Italian desert with them. ?Yes, of course!? we cried. She began peeling and slicing heaps of juicy sweet peaches into a huge glass bowl. Then to my horror she opened a bottle of Riesling and poured the whole thing in! ?With a pinch of sugar and vanilla? she smiled, ?but not for the children?.

Of all the temptations I?ve had over the past year this was one of the most most difficult for me to get past. I was served a bowl full and had a bite -- one slice, and then another. Knew right then that I had to stop. It?s funny how much fear that simple little dessert struck in me. No one else thought a thing about it. They happily slurped up bite after bite and then drank up the juicy sweet wine when the peaches were gone. I felt so nervous and kept wishing it away. In the midst of the hoopla I snuck away from the table into the kitchen and discreetly disposed of mine. Well - it was a big hit with everyone else and she made it twice more during her visit. I and the kids settled for cobbler with cream which was delicious!

IamaQuitter and GettingReal, Welcome! -- Byrdie is right. Listen to her and you won?t go wrong!

Sheesh -- Sorry to take up so much space all at once. Have to go -- have a lovely sober Monday everyone.
                                AF since 9/20/2011

Comment

Working...
                                X