Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Makes perfect sense to me, Lolab.. It is nice to see reality of life (i.e. getting older) without the depressant effect of AL making things look worse than they are...

BTW, The weather change does the same to me. I have had a dizzy/fuzzy head for a couple of days, thinking it is sinus related. Taking anything like sudafed for it only makes me feel worse. I have been over-sugaring myself lately too...maybe it would help to try to stay away from the sweet stuff.
    BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Huzzy...I MEAN, Fuzzy....on getting older, you just gotta get thru today...I try not to think that my best days are behind me because, unfortunately, I don't remember most of them. I think my best days are right NOW! At 52 .99, I feel on top of my game! The Blues come and go...I bet you will feel right as rain later on. I think the onset of autumn does this to me as well....

RC, I enjoyed your STORY! I can't wait to see what I do next!!! Gosh, you really have a gift! It was reading just like a novel! I am squarely jealous!!

Post one weekers....STAY the course until you get to DAY 13. This is like a race...just when you don't think you can make it, you hit D13 and something (mercifully) clicks in your head and you begin to think : DAM!!! This really IS something I can do!! It is an amazing change of thinking, and couldn't come at a better time. D13 is a turning point.

Well done, everyone!! B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cat, congrats on making it thru day 7- That is AWESOME! So glad you are feeling a lil encouragement. You can do this ODAT.
        R.C. LOVE, love, love the script-too creative. I want Angelina Jolie to play me when we make it to the big screen. :H
        Limonada-Wow! Sorry to hear about the housing situation, but you have the right attitude. I’ll bet your new place will be even better than what you have now. Hey maybe K9 can come help you set up! :l
        G’day, Daisy, Lav and Lola- Hope you have a great day planned.
        Fin- Thanks for staying strong for us! “Precarious” is a good word for our “beginner steps” but we are a strong bunch and we ARE going to beat this thing!
        Hi, Rooni- fellow day 9er! Hope you are feeling well
        And Byrdie- Somehow I missed your brilliant broadcast that “Hope is not a strategy”, but lady, you have hit the nail on the head! We may put your name on the ballot next if you don’t watch out!
        Well today is day 9 for me and I am feeling pretty good. Better than I was yesterday, despite some wicked allergies and annoying cough. Also am going to have to go in for an eye exam today and prolly won’t be able to read posts for several hours afterwards, so wanted to check in early.
        Good day to all those to come.
        :h Star
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin - Day 8 (chasing 8 more now. Join me.)
          rooniferd - Day 9 (looking forward to double digits tomorrow)
          nurdl - Day 34 (woot!)
          :notes:
          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

nurdl - Day 34 (woot!)
            Star- Day 9 (glad to be here)
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

nurdl - Day 34 (woot!)
              AllanKay - Day 39 (just discovered "The biggest Loser", loving it )
              AF since 1st Sep 2012
              NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!

It's nurdl. A strange word I coined myself meaning a little bit of something. This morning I'm a nurdl fuzzy as many of you seem to be but I'm a whole lot sober, 34 days woot! woot! The days seem to be flying by at times, although there are the days that just won't end filled with cravings but I'm strong to overcome them with your support. So let me check in with you all and see what's happening on Fab AF October 9th.

Mama B - thanks for checking up on me. All is well.
                K-9 - you are a powerhouse of energy! You're inspiring me to do some fall cleaning today.
                Lavande - I hit my alarm, rolled over and fell into a deep sleep this morning, glad I didn't need to be anywhere important but it was a delicious sleep.
                Byrdlady - I so enjoy your posts, you are our cheerleader :cheering:
                RC - looks like I don't post enough as I didn't make it into the pilot of Big Sober House, I expect to see my character in episode 2. We're all waiting for the next installment.
                Lolab - How are you doing girl? You mentioned about being an empty nester soon. Me too next fall. The babies are growing up and moving away. It's a good thing I'm getting my act together now so I don't miss any of the good stuff anymore.
                BelleGirl - I'm with you on the sweet stuff. I've been hitting the peanut M&Ms pretty hard. Time to stop substituting and get my butt moving.
                Rooniferd!!! Double Digits for you tomorrow. Woo-hoo! Good going!
                Odat - what up?
                Catbuddy - congratulations on day 8!!! You are doing so well.
                Limonata - sorry to hear about your housing situation. Do not drink over this!!! Keep a clear head. Another door will open for you. Keep posting!
                Fin - I love roll call. It makes me feel like we're all watching out for each other every day. I also love it that we are beginning to find our place and our special job here in the nest.
                Starfish - D9!!!!!!! Keep going! One AF day after another. They begin to stack up. You'll be celebrating the double D's tomorrow with Rooni!
                Daisy - woo-hoo my D34 Partner! How's it going for you today? We'll have 40 days on Monday Monday Monday!
                AllanKay - our favorite biggest loser! Who is up for the next Moonbeam Award?
                DottieBelle - It's so super dreary today. I'm going to be drinking loads of hot tea. How about you? I think I need a tea shopping excursion.

To all the one weekers, keep on putting one foot in front of the other and keep posting. I notice that the entire flock has up and down days but we manage to keep ourselves safe in the nest with butt-velcro, seatbelts, Moonbeams, warm hats, stories (that haven't included a nurdl yet ) advice, tears, rants, and loads of support.

Happy AF Tuesday to All!
                ~nurdl
                :notes:
                we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

I like "nurdl"....so what is a whole lotta something? I can't wait to see how the appearance of a nurdl affects the plot of RC's story! (loved it RC BTW!) And I still have a bit of time - kid is 14 now...but if the next 4 years go by like the last 4...it'll be here in the blink of an eye. he's been my best little friend for 14 years - I can't imagine not seeing him every day.

I am going outside to brave the cold and see if it wakes me up...a shower helped a little.

Belle - I love love love seeing you in the nest...you should pop in more often. Didn't surprise me that you have the head issues too....seems like we were cut from the same mold. :-)

Hey Wickedmom - if you check in - I gave you a thread last month - but you missed the party!!!!! https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...-af-68089.html

Huzzy?! Byrdie - what you talkin bout?!?!?!
                  ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1389708 wrote: I like "nurdl"....so what is a whole lotta something? I can't wait to see how the appearance of a nurdl affects the plot of RC's story! (loved it RC BTW!) And I still have a bit of time - kid is 14 now...but if the next 4 years go by like the last 4...it'll be here in the blink of an eye. he's been my best little friend for 14 years - I can't imagine not seeing him every day.

I am going outside to brave the cold and see if it wakes me up...a shower helped a little.

Belle - I love love love seeing you in the nest...you should pop in more often. Didn't surprise me that you have the head issues too....seems like we were cut from the same mold. :-)

Hey Wickedmom - if you check in - I gave you a thread last month - but you missed the party!!!!! https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...-af-68089.html

Huzzy?! Byrdie - what you talkin bout?!?!?!
                    lolab, you need to kindly post to Roll Call! We need to see your hard work.
                    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1389678 wrote: Fin - Day 8 (chasing 8 more now. Join me.)
                      nurdl - Day 34 (woot!)
                      Dottie Day 9
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

nurdl - Day 34 (woot!)
                        Dottie Day 9 (Yep roon 10 days is a little scary)
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 9 here and looking forward to double digits tomorrow. I have been using the CD's and like them. Have made it through them all. I only have 1 hour in the evening so I am doing it in my own order but I think it is helping...or the placebo effect is helping so whatever it is I will continue to listen every night...the self hypnosis is good as I hear myself saying the suggestions over and over to myself during the day...
                          Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Landslide

Here's an experiment -- I've attached a little song for you all, Landslide. It's in the .zip attachment on this post. After downloading it, double-click on the .zip file and you should see an mp3 music file inside. Double-click that one and take a listen...I am AF mando...
                            Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                            Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

nurdl - Day 34 (woot!)
                              Dottie Day 9 (Yep roon 10 days is a little scary)
                              Daisy - Day 34
                              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

nurdl - Day 34 (woot!)
                                K9Lover - Day 288

Hi Everyone!

There's so much to catch up on, I think I'm so far behind that I won't even try. LOL I did see that Allan commented on my car washing and it made him think of Paris Hilton and a Carls Jr. Burger...I doubt she's ever washed a car or eaten a burger. HA! But that's the power of advertising...I could actually smell bacon when I was soaping up the hood. LOL

I'm still trying to recover from my weekend cleaning activities, and Byrdie...NO I don't do windows...if you saw mine you would believe me. I have to draw the line somewhere!

I think I have a Melatonin hangover today, I could hardly get up...finally rolled out of bed at 7:00 and was at work at 7:40....what does that say about how I look today? LOL I have no idea how I used to function with an alcohol hangover!!!

Belle - Can you pass the Peanut M&M's? I love those things. I bought a huge bag with the intention of "sharing" them...yeah, that didn't work out so well...but I enjoyed them!

Nurdl - Your name cracks me up! I'm a nurdl tired right now...zzzz.

Hope ya'll have a great day!

K9
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X