Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Fin;1389751 wrote: Anyway, you did it right. K9 needed to be fixed, but she's learning all the time from what I can gather. Ha!
    Thanks for fixing me Fin! I think what happened is that my long winded post crossed with others, so my original quote became obsolete. Or that's what I'm telling myself anyway. LOL
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC, I am loving your novella!! Me 'n Lola have been complaining a lot about our writers lately!! Now we have a fresh one!
      Well done everyone! Stay strong...there is NO feeling in the world like success! B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1389840 wrote: Thanks for fixing me Fin! I think what happened is that my long winded post crossed with others, so my original quote became obsolete. Or that's what I'm telling myself anyway. LOL
        Ah ha and thus, the reason to keep the Roll Call short and sweet - check in and log days only. Then we can enjoy your other thoughts in a secondary post.

Almost Free, welcome. I'll look forward to seeing you post to Roll Call in the AM. You CAN do this however many times it takes to get it right.

GettingReal, you stud. Well done getting through the toughest first day and for posting to Roll Call. See you tomorrow as well

Be Good,
        -Fin
        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Getting thru those first 3 days is where all the heavy lifting is....after that, with support here, it gets better each day. Welcome, everyone! Settle in and get a comfy spot. We shall see what we are up to in RC's Big Sober House on the Prarie....Where is Prarie?? Ima go chase her down! Hugs to all!! XO, B
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

She found me.

I'm alive. I'm just having the shite week of all time. I told Bydie....

So - just say a few prayers of strength if you pray. If not - skip it and wish happy thoughts. I am not picky - I accept either. I also accept bribes of coffee, chococlate and bacon.

And fyi - Day 50. DAY 50? WTH did that happen! Hahahahahahah! Day 50! Happy Dance! And as shitty as this week is - I'm not drinking...because it wouldn't make it any better...
            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

roll call

Fin - Day 8 (chasing 8 more now. Join me.)
              rooniferd - Day 9 (looking forward to double digits tomorrow)
              nurdl - Day 34 (woot!)
              Star- Day 9 (glad to be here)
              AllanKay - Day 39 (just discovered "The biggest Loser", loving it )
              Dottie Day 9 (Yep roon 10 days is a little scary)
              Daisy - Day 34
              K9Lover - Day 288
              GettingReal - Day 2
              Catbuddy - Day 8 (joining Fin!)
              Almost Free - Day 1, again!

Fixing Roll Call - Make sure you "Quote" the last one in the thread so we don't drop folks.
              AF since 12/2/12
              http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

nurdl - Day 34 (woot!)
                Daisy - Day 34
                K9Lover - Day 288
                GettingReal - Day 2
                RunningCourage - Day 23

Comment

Newbies Nest

nurdl - Day 34 (woot!)
                  Daisy - Day 34
                  K9Lover - Day 288
                  GettingReal - Day 2
                  Prairie Fairy - Day 50 (HOLY SHITE - how did that happen?!)
                  That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                  Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                  AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

ok 10 days tomorrow is scary. i seem to tank around that time.
                    work then the gym. hope that sets me up for a good evening. also have the cd's to listen to. any other ideas??
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie...get yourself to D13...it will make ALL the difference! Envision yourself getting thru it. We will be here to help you! We are pulling for you! B
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stay in today. Don't future trip. Look down at your feet to remind you today is Tuesday. You can deal with tomorrow when it gets here. Then you can say, I can, I can, do it!. That was then & this is now. I'm stronger, than those cravings. I'm guessing your a woman, cause of your name. Not sure of your age, & it's not polite to ask a lady.

But we can sing you an old song. I'm woman hear me roar. But, we don't even have to worry about tom, until tom hun. Oh & little piece of chocolate helps sometimes too. If it's OK for you to have.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow! Another busy Nest day, great

So much to say...so little energy tonight :H
                          I've been busy myself & have one of those super long days coming tomorrow.

PF - Congrats on 50 AF days!!!!!!

Fin, awesome music
                          My brother is a mandoman too - you're not located in northern California are you? You guys could be a team. Great stuff. I hope G man gets a chance to hear it too.

Dottie, you are in charge now ~ not AL!
                          You make the plan & stay the course. Busy & distracted is good (along with a little chocolate)!

Greetings Mum Byrdie & everyone!
                          Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest. The dampness is starting to get to Granny Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

i feel good tonight. i can do tbis!!
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you star for your prayers. I sure need them, as nothing seems to be working for me. I will keep you in my prayers as well. And Fin, I look forward to checking in on the roll call. Need some accountabiity here. Thanks all. Have a great evening. I am actually starting to feel human again, finally. What a hellish day. Glad it's almost over. Please God that it be the last 'day one' that I ever have to endure.
                              AF since 12/2/12
                              http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 8 - a massive truck hit me today after a long day at work. Well, not really. But the AL craving was epic. I got food, thought of my reasons not to drink, passed up social/AL invite, etc, etc.

All I could think of was "I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care. I want a drink. Period. Everybody shut up."

It wasn't very nice.

You know what saved me? The advice (from someone in the last week) to remember that the craving will end. Not that it's shorter than a hangover, because I almost never got hungover. But just that this total crap urge would in fact end. So it did end, but now I'm just more tired and physically feel terrible. Is this part of recovery? I want to cry right now.

:blah:

Catbuddy
                                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X