• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Fin - Day 9 (committed)
    Nurdl - Day 35 (committed)
    Catbuddy - Day 9 (grateful)
    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Catbuddy;1390172]Fin - Day 9 (committed)
      Daisy - Day35
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hitting40: our stories are nearly identical. What particularly struck a chord is that the self we project vs. self we really are when abusing AL -- those two selves are in complete conflict.

Like you, I want to be the person my friends and family think I am, and the person I know I can be vs. that guy who thoughtlessly out of habit starts hammering IPAs every night. The horror of waking up to the the reality of the night before is an awful betrayal of self and I'm here to tell you, it's possible to turn it around.

Post to Roll Call and let's get you going. I can tell you that even after Day 2 I could see freedom on the not too distant horizon. At Day 9, I'm as committed to this vision as ever.

Wicked
        thanks for listening to Landslide I posted yesterday and sorry to hear it brought back sad memories. I too lost a brother, my oldest when in high school. That's about the time I started to really abuse AL. He would have never wanted that for me as a hardcore mountaineer and a purest when it came to AL and drugs (he was actually killed in a climbing accident). My 6 yr old son is named in his honor - Lane. Anyway, music is a mighty powerful trigger of emotions. I find great satisfaction in playing / recording and now I'm playing better than I have in a long-long time without AL raging through me, so thanks again for listening and hang in there.
        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, Hitting40. Whatever your journey is, this is an incredibly place to find support and solace for it. I'm just 9 days in, and have expeirenced more in those 9 day than should be possible.

The nest is open day and night. Whenever you are down, come and read. When inspired, come and post. Mix with water and instant friends.

:welcome:

Catbuddy
          "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Routine

"So how do you start your day?"

"With a cup of coffee and RC's Big Sober House."

:thanks:

Catbuddy

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin - Day 9 (committed)
              Daisy - Day 35

Cool...Cat and I are aligned as are Nurdl and Daisy. Cat, we need to get to 35!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin - Day 9 (committed)
                Daisy - Day 35
                Rainyday - Day 1 (not going to explain myself, just going forward)
                I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

thank you

hi all thanks for the comments, i really do appreciate it. i actaully feel very scared about finally admitting to myself that there is a problem, but am glad i have finally faced up to it and made it real. i know that it's what i need to do and i fully understand why i am doing it so i will just keep going and i look forward to some clear days ahead :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

hitting40;1390109 wrote: i want to stop, i have 2 beautiful girls 2 and 4 who adore me and a husband who loves me. i want them to be proud of me and to be in the present at all times. i would love your support as i start on day 1 of my journey. i only came across this site by change and i believe i found it just at the right time.:new: so here's to jumping in and starting as i mean to go on.
                    Hi Ms 40! I'm turning 39 in November, Three kids - 8, almost 7 (girls) and 2 (boy). Husband that loves me too. Husband that is heaviliy addicted too.

I look at all the mothers as well (we have our kids in a Christian School!) and know that they don't have the same problems we have.

Husband and I made another committment this morning for an AF night tonight. I got him to take the L-Glutamine and I am taking it too. Haven't been taking it, but feel it really helps with cravings. Tonight I'm going to use a suggstion I heard before to spill the powder from the tablet onto my tongue. Hope that is immediate relief!

Refrigerator is stocked with lots of food. I have a meeting tonight to keep myself busy, hope he takes the kiddos to their Wednesday Church events to keep himself busy.

It took my husband a lot longer realizing he needs help. He admits it now. Sounds like your hubby needs to get to that point. It's hard when he isn't there yet.

:l to ya!
                    I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin - Day 9 (committed)
                      Daisy - Day 35
                      AllanKay - Day 40
                      AF since 1st Sep 2012
                      NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hitting40, I may be kidding myself, but I'm prone to falling into bad habits -- namely nicotene and AL. As such, my perspective is that my rather new daily IPA intake of 5-6 bottles is a bad habit and nothing else.

I also recognize that I'm prone to fall back into old habits and is why I'll never allow myself to have nicotene again (Copenhagen). I had quit for over a year, had one chew and wham'o, I was right back into it.

I think AL is now the same for me. My pleasure seeking brain will snatch up the habit again if given the chance. Anyway, don't get all hung up on any stigma going AL-free might cast upon you. Rather, chalk it up to a stupid habit that you're done falling into. Take control and allow yourself to truly enjoy the clarity that follows...good stuff.

My two cents,
                        -Fin

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi rainyday and fin ( stick with me while i get used to all the names) thanks so much for your comments, yes i think i have created a really bad bad habit that i intend to break, and rainyday your dead right about the hubby i think he will change in time, i think as he sees me declining alcohol he will stop as well as he has never been one to drink on his own, so i am hoping that as i change he will follow. i am going to start hitting the bed early each night to avoid my witching hour which is between 8 - 9pm and i will follow everyone's story on my laptop in my room. i have a question about a friend of mine who drinks a lot as well and we agreed to go walking tonight, but she is the type who always talks about wine, and then tells herself she deserves it and kinda encourages me to drink and tells me and herself that its ok so then i feel ok about it - like safety in numbers, do you think that i should maybe cancel tonight until i am further down the line. i really like her but i am afraid i will weaken as she always tells me i am being too hard on myself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin - Day 9 (committed)
                            Daisy - Day 35
                            AllanKay - Day 40
                            Star- Day 10 ()
                            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hitting40, now is not the time to be hanging around anyone but those who align with what you're wanting to do. I don't' know about you, but I'm really susecptible to other peoples' whims, etc...I'm a "pleaser" type so, I've had to put some distance between my friends who party...the exception being my band, but that's usually only an hour and a half a week and I have learned to deal. Get this...the first AL free practice I went to I filled a beer bottle with water! Stunt Beer. Worked like a charm. So, I'd say cancel until you get your wits about you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=hitting40do you think that i should maybe cancel tonight until i am further down the line. i really like her but i am afraid i will weaken as she always tells me i am being too hard on myself.
                                I wouldn't tempt it unless she knows that you are stopping for sure. I think it might actually be more relaxing for you to walk on your own. Taking time to reflect.

You have two little ones... how are you going to work around them? Do they go to bed early?

Comment

Working...
                                X