Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

allankay;1390351 wrote: K9, 27 minutes thats like 2.2mph LOL

Was reading mens health magazine today and they defined someone fit being able to run 1 mile in 6 mintues 30 seconds... I did 7m44s on the first attempt. (running almost flat out). BTW a month ago I couldn't even run a mile LOL

Also my scales are finally starting to move in the right direction. YEY

AK
    Whoa! 7.44 is fricking excellent (by my standards!). :goodjob:

Ok, so here are the average mile times for running marathons:

If you want to finish in
    2hrs 5mins (world record athletes) - 1mile = 4m8s
    3hrs (James Cracknell at London Mara) - 1 mile - 6m9s
    3hrs 30mins (what i'd LOVE to do) - 1mile = 8m
    4hrs (nearer what i actually do) - 1 mile = 9m
    5hrs (very admirable time) - 1 mile = 11m45s
    11hrs 45mins (K9's time) - 1 mile = 27m :H

So, Allan, if you ran 26miles at 7m44s consecutively, you'd complete a marathon in 3hrs 25 mins

Fancy joining me in Edinburgh next May?!

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Howdy Nesters,

Haven't had a chance yet today to even say hello.
      I've been sitting in the hospital with my estranged husband who took it upon himself to show up at the door at 7:30 this morning c/o severe belly pain

Daisy, don't let your ex's bad behavior & manners get to you. He s the way he wants to be - just like mine. Your son will eventually grow up enough to realize where he has it good!

Hello & welcome hitting40! Read the MWO book if you haven't already

Wishing everyone a good AF Wednesday. Glad I thought to bring my iPad with me.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC, years of smoking have done some damage to my lungs. But I have been working very hard over the last 3 weeks to restore my health back to where it was. At the moment my intention is to focus on just one mile and try to establish a personal record. What do you think should be my goal? Is 6:30 achievable? I ran pretty much flat out... BTW there is absolutely no way I could maintain that speed for duration of a marathon.

I have read a few posts by you about Eaton and London. So why dont we try the Virgin marathon, should give me plenty of time to get in shape. Where do you live?

AK
        AF since 1st Sep 2012
        NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all my name is Patrick.
          After 8 years of drinking at least 8 500mls cans of beer a night (and at least 6 cans per night for the previous 7 years)I am on my 3rd day AF.I feel not great but thanks to your stories and words of wisdom I am determined to stay AF and have decided as of now to consider myself a non drinker.looking forward to sharing with and learning from you all.
          regards Patrick :new:
          AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

I feel like making a smart crack about doing the Virgin Marathon. I do one - about the time I'm a Virgin again. Let me know when that happens.

I'm all for it.

Wake me up for sure.
            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1390370 wrote: RC, years of smoking have done some damage to my lungs. But I have been working very hard over the last 3 weeks to restore my health back to where it was. At the moment my intention is to focus on just one mile and try to establish a personal record. What do you think should be my goal? Is 6:30 achievable? I ran pretty much flat out... BTW there is absolutely no way I could maintain that speed for duration of a marathon.

I have read a few posts by you about Eaton and London. So why dont we try the Virgin marathon, should give me plenty of time to get in shape. Where do you live?

AK
              If you've only really just started running this past month and are down to 7.44, i reckon getting to 7 is definitely achievable in time. I've subbed 6.30 once. Your body tends to get to a place quickly where you feel you're achieving and then it plateaus... you then have to work harder to go faster/longer/be stronger.

Can i just add a wee caveat that is i am NOT an athlete by any stretch of the imagination!... but i have this year become addicted to running (one of my good vices ). Perhaps being in my 30's, my mortality is becoming a little more real and thus have become a bit sporty. At school, i HATED PE/gym!

Where's the Virgin marathon? I'm in central scotland.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to the Nest Patrick. I advise you to read the toolbox if you haven't already done so. Link below.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

ALLAN
                AF since 1st Sep 2012
                NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav -

Hang in there. Don't know how that little scenario happened - but sending hugs and love your way. Along with a fair amount of of WT?
                  That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                  AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

And welcome Patrick.

I felt the need to separate your welcome from my re-virgination joke. :-)
                    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC, Virgin is an annual London marathon. I read your post about Eaton and though that you live close by or at least travel to London often.

Regarding running, ATM I can’t even do 5K nonstop but I definitely am seeing enormous progress. So I will aim for 5k in under 25minutes and 1 mile under 7m.

ALLAN

ALLAN
                      AF since 1st Sep 2012
                      NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Patrick.
                        AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                        AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                        STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

well ain't the wit just flyin around here today! :H

I love it.

Welcome Patrick - settle in to the nest - it's nice to have you here. :l

wow, Lav....I hope he's ok...sounds like it wouldn't be good if he got all needy on you...:-(

Daisy, hon - are you ok? ooooh, I can't imagine how you must feel. Stumpy had some great advice though.:h

I got nothin. zip. no nurdl's of wisdom for anybody today...
                          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

STUMPY!!!!!!!!!!

Did we MISS something?????
                            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh LOL I posted on the wrong thread Ooops, hanging head!
                              AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                              AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                              STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

huh? I just meant that you are past your 30 days honey pie! And we didn't even have a party!
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X