Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lola, why did you ask me if you missed something? I'm so confused.
    AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
    AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
    STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Lola, I really wasn't keeping count because I joined Sober October and it just seemed easier to have a gang to count with, Thank you for taking note.
      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm sorry! I was trying to figure out if we already celebrated or not...:-)
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm sure Byrdie will issue a hat anyway!!!!!! How's the sleeping? (and the itching?)
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I did receive a hat for my 10th day or 7th. It doesn't matter. I feel great. I'm sleeping better and eating much better and not really thinking much about it anymore....that's a lie lol
            STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

:disco:

Woop Woop Stumpy!

We are having a party at Stump's! Nobody eat any of her fish? Capeche? Also - don't light her drapes on fire - pretty sure her Mom will notice too, K?!
              That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
              Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
              AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS on your 30 AF days Stumpy

Hello & welcome Patrick!
                The nest is a safe place to settle for a while (even though it looks a bit crazyvtoday). We all have a common goal, a happy, healthy & sober life

Lola, i told YB when he left 2 1/2 years that he didn't know when he had it good. I can't ignore him now, we've been a pair since our teens. He turned 60 last week.

There have been a LOT of celebrations around here lately, that's great
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie's Quest to Avoid the Virigin Marathon

I wanted to tell a story in icons - of just how much I wanted to run in the Virgin Marathon. Besides NEVER - which I can't find an icon for - I could find a icon for this: :moon:

While this particular :moon: not appealing - I do have one in my life I find *fascinating.* I think I'm keeping it.

That decision on didn't even require a: :teeter:

I tried really hard to find an icon of a runner someplace - anyplace - so I could perhaps describe how much running DOESN'T mean to me. I couldn't locate one. I did however find :crazymonkey:
                  This conveys just how happy I am whenever my lazy butt is NOT running.

And if my lazy butt is NOT running because my lazy butt is? :naughtfeet:

Well you just make that happy as 2 :crazymonkey:

The end. Written by Prairie. The not so Virgin Fairy.
                  That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                  Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                  AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOL Thanks PF and Lola hahahaha!
                    STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

PF you are a riot!
                      :notes:
                      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roll Call for Oct 10th, 2012

Roll Call for Oct 10th, 2012

Fin - Day 9 (committed)
                        Nurdl - Day 35 (committed)
                        Catbuddy - Day 9 (grateful)
                        Daisy - Day 35
                        Rainyday - Day 1 (not going to explain myself, just going forward)
                        AllanKay - Day 40
                        Hitting 40 - Day 1 (nervous)
                        Prairie Fairy - Day 51 (Hola all - and TTDAP)
                        Dottie Day 10
                        RunningCourage - Day 24 (tired - forgot to take my vits this morn...!)
                        Almost Free - Day 2 (still shaky)
                        Star- Day 10 ()
                        Patrick - Day 1 (Awesome. You're not alone on Day 1. Welcome)
                        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie - you, are a riot.

:H:H:H:H:H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just got back from my doctor and I apparently gained 5 pounds since my last visit. I told her "Well I am 289 days sober and I quit smoking 45 days ago...what do you want from me lady??" She laughed and said she'll take the 5 pounds any old day! Besides, she's not exactly a Victoria Secret model herself, if you see what I'm saying. Overall it went well, she did tell me that at 3 months I should really feel the benefits of quitting smoking. AND she talked me into my first flu shot ever. The informational sheet said that you do NOT get the flu from the shot, however, you MIGHT get a fever, sore throat, fatigue, and muscle soreness...um....isn't that the flu???
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 24 cont'd

Meanwhile, back at the Big Sober House, all the housemates are standing looking at the doorway of the Big Sober House is, because standing there, in all there finery is -

LOLAB: OH. MY. GOD

BYRDIE: Oh for the love of god, Lola, what is it?

LOLAB: STUMPY!

ALLAN: What about Stumpy, Lola, she's just here.

STUMPY: Lola, I'm here, in front of you. There's no need to shout.

LOLAB: We missed your 30th AF day celebration.

Lolab sighs a sigh, *sigh*, pouts a petit pout *pout* and pushes out her bottom lip.

BYRDIE: Oh for goodness sake Lolab. Anyone would think it was YOUR special day.

Byrdie runs to the girls bedroom, pulls out one of her colourful hats and returns to put upon Stumpy's head. Stumpy, however, hasn't realised a hat's been put upon her head as she and everyone else look in awe and wonder at who has arrived at the Big Sober Door.

Mr G.

Mr G stands there, guitar strapped across his brawn aussie chest. He smiles.

MR G: Hey.

All the housemates echo "hey..."

MR G: So, y'all eating yer greens?

The housemates all nod.

MR G: Goooood...

PRAIRIE: HEY! HANG ON - we are NOT eating greens today ya hear? Mr G?

MR G: I hear ya.

PRAIRIE: It's mocha burgers and mocha cake and mocha mocha's. Mocha Mr G?

MR G: Mocha kiddo.

PRAIRIE: And don't call me kiddo.

MR G: OK, kiddo.

PRAIRIE: Thank you.

So the mocha burgers were dished up and devoured, the mocha cake was demolished with feverish zeal while Mr G and Fin began to play some tunes.

:band2:

And each of the housemates said :goodjob: to Prairie and :goodjob: to Stumpy too. And some sat back and reclined on the sofa's, their bellies full while others danced to disco in the garden. :disco: And Lav waltzed with her chicks, and Rooni, realising that Rooni had only 10 fingers, and in anticipation of tomorrow, took Rooni's left shoe off and began to count the little digits at the end of Rooni's foot. And K9 had dogs round to visit, which brought everyone to their knees so as they could have the "pleasure" of having their noses licked by dogs, but it did mean no one had to hoover as the canine's took delight in hoovering up all the crumbs...

As the party subsided and folks went off to bed, or to chat about mundane things, like, I don't know... running or something such as that... Prairie, perhaps a little bored, perhaps a little mischievously, decided to write on the Big Sober House wall about how much she preferred other forms of "natural" exercise needing to involve only teams of two and which was often, but not exclusively, done under a duvet, as opposed to "unnatural" exercise that required pain, effort, far too much sweat, and that is, frankly, far less fun than her preferred physical activities.

After her graffiti escapade, Prairie slept well that night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin - Day 9 (committed)
                                Nurdl - Day 35 (committed)
                                Catbuddy - Day 9 (grateful)
                                Daisy - Day 35
                                Rainyday - Day 1 (not going to explain myself, just going forward)
                                AllanKay - Day 40
                                Hitting 40 - Day 1 (nervous)
                                Prairie Fairy - Day 51 (Hola all - and TTDAP)
                                Dottie Day 10
                                RunningCourage - Day 24 (tired - forgot to take my vits this morn...!)
                                Almost Free - Day 2 (still shaky)
                                Star- Day 10 ()
                                Patrick - Day 1 (Awesome. You're not alone on Day 1. Welcome)
                                rooniferd - Day 10 (Double digits!!!! I'm all out of fingers, guess I'll have to count with my toes now!)

Comment

Working...
                                X