Clear All

Newbies Nest

thanks to you all for the warm welcome

Roll Call for Oct 10th, 2012

Fin - Day 9 (committed)
    Nurdl - Day 35 (committed)
    Catbuddy - Day 9 (grateful)
    Daisy - Day 35
    Rainyday - Day 1 (not going to explain myself, just going forward)
    AllanKay - Day 40
    Hitting 40 - Day 1 (nervous)
    Prairie Fairy - Day 51 (Hola all - and TTDAP)
    Dottie Day 10
    RunningCourage - Day 24 (tired - forgot to take my vits this morn...!)
    Almost Free - Day 2 (still shaky)
    Star- Day 10 ()
    Patrick - Day 3 (Awesome. You're not alone on Day 1. Welcome)

:thanks:
    AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Turns to Ashes

Here's another tune for you all to download by my good friend Taylor Sims. It's a good one for slipping off to sleep.

Evening Turns to Ashes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/koaeohy2nzpr134/Evening-Turns-to-Ashes.mp3

Be good tonight,
      -Fin
      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awesome. Perfect for chilling to as the final minutes of the day fade away...

Thanks for sharing Fin.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Patrick! Always nice to see a fellow Celt round here

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks to you all for the warm welcome

Roll Call for Oct 10th, 2012

Fin - Day 9 (committed)
            Nurdl - Day 35 (committed)
            Catbuddy - Day 9 (grateful)
            Daisy - Day 35
            Rainyday - Day 1 (not going to explain myself, just going forward)
            AllanKay - Day 40
            Hitting 40 - Day 1 (nervous)
            Prairie Fairy - Day 51 (Hola all - and TTDAP)
            Dottie Day 10
            RunningCourage - Day 24 (tired - forgot to take my vits this morn...!)
            Almost Free - Day 2 (still shaky)
            Star- Day 10 ()
            Patrick - Day 3 (Awesome. You're not alone on Day 1. Welcome)
            rooniferd - Day 10 (Double digits!!!! I'm all out of fingers, guess I'll have to count with my toes now!)

and Fin added roniferd back to the list. I'll be 10 tomorrow. Great job!
            Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
            Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

I lost count of the # of AF days for me but I am most grateful for every single one of them

K9, I gained 13 lbs pretty quickly when I quit, it has taken me forever to lose 12 but I'm working on that last one & a few more for good measure. You are doing great!
              The side effects of this year's flu vaccine are supposed to be a little worse than usual - be prepared.
              It's still better than dealing with a full blown case of the flu.

My day has quieted down, I'm home (left the husband at the hospital). He will be having surgery early tomorrow afternoon - oh well.
              Wishing everyone a cozy AF night in the nest!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

10 days is a major accomplishments for me!!
                Dottie
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H at PF!!!!

RunningC - honestly - do you KNOW me??? "Lolab sighs a sigh, *sigh*, pouts a petit pout *pout* and pushes out her bottom lip." I think you really know me. :H

Lav - I'll be thinking of you tomorrow...I hope that YB (?) comes through the surgery just fine.

g'night!
                  ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

EXHAUSTED - advice please

I am way beyond tired yet again tonight. Ever since I stopped drinking nine days ago, I am tired most of the time. I'm sleeping fine - for the first time in years. If this is a symptom of withdrawl, when does it ease? I'm taking the B vitamins, but maybe I need more?

It occured to me tonight that I eliminated a big sugar supply which I have not replaced (sweets and starches are dangerous for me). So that would explain the evening somewhat. But why do I awake after 8 hours of sleep still exhausted?

I would love to hear your experiences.

Byrdie, I am hanging on for Day 13.

Catbuddy
                    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Running C - it can be done under a duvet, over a duvet, standing up, sitting down and it is ALWAYS preferable to running. Walking really. It's in a three way heat with eating and sleeping really. Bodily elimination clearly comes before it because 1st Things 1st. Got to admit - bodily elimination in the middle would kill the mood while let's not lie ladies - if it's not that great? Who hasn't nodded off once or twice?shhhhhh... Don't hurt his feelings by saying with whom....and really - with creativity - you too can bring food this party....

Good grief....I am on a tear tonight...
                      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Trying to read posts on microscopic blackberry screen! I'm on the road and didn't take my personal computer. Wanted you all to know I am thinking of you and very PROUD of each person. Stay safe. Be back in the Big Sober House tomorrow. Miss u! B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1390498 wrote: 10 days is a major accomplishments for me!!
                          Dottie
                          Go Dottie! :happy: Go Dottie! :happy: Go Dottie!

Double fingers... Now Dottie, tomorrow, if you want to continue seeing how many days your racking up, you need to start counting your toes. Ronni's perfecting this as we speak.

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Catbuddy;1390515 wrote: I am way beyond tired yet again tonight. Ever since I stopped drinking nine days ago, I am tired most of the time. I'm sleeping fine - for the first time in years. If this is a symptom of withdrawl, when does it ease? I'm taking the B vitamins, but maybe I need more?

It occured to me tonight that I eliminated a big sugar supply which I have not replaced (sweets and starches are dangerous for me). So that would explain the evening somewhat. But why do I awake after 8 hours of sleep still exhausted?

I would love to hear your experiences.

Byrdie, I am hanging on for Day 13.

Catbuddy
                            Hey Cat - I totally got this too and was advised on high dose Bvits, plus also C-10Q. They DO work a treat. I take them in the morning with L-Glut and milk thistle. All tiredness gone (until bedtime).

I'm actually on high dose multi-Bvits, so they have some zinc and magnesium in there also which has also been recommended.

Day 13 is fast approaching, buddy

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie Fairy;1390516 wrote: Running C - it can be done under a duvet, over a duvet, standing up, sitting down and it is ALWAYS preferable to running. Walking really. It's in a three way heat with eating and sleeping really. Bodily elimination clearly comes before it because 1st Things 1st. Got to admit - bodily elimination in the middle would kill the mood while let's not lie ladies - if it's not that great? Who hasn't nodded off once or twice?shhhhhh... Don't hurt his feelings by saying with whom....and really - with creativity - you too can bring food this party....

Good grief....I am on a tear tonight...
                              :H:H:H

OK, i absolutely, 100% agree with you PR. It is always, ALWAYS, preferable to running. Oh yeah.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 25 in the Big Sober House

It's Day 25 in the Big Sober House. The housemates are all asleep, other than RunningCourage who is in the kitchen mixing caffeine with vitamin C. He's not on the Flu-jab list, and so is trying to concoct his own version.

Byrdie left the house straight after Prairie's party, on a road trip west. Like Kerouac but without the booze.

The chickens are resting until sunrise.

The kitchen is a mess with mocha. Actually everything is a mess with mocha. Not least Lolab's bed..

Comment

Working...
                                X