X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

day 2

hello everyone,
    well on day 2 and feeling good, i genuinely think something switched in my head and after watching the rain in my hear documentary i really had to question why i was killing myself slowly. i skipped to school with kids this morning and am now having what i think will be my daily fix catching up on all the posts.
    question: i am taking cod liver oil supplements and vit c is there anything else i should be taking to help my body and liver heal - drinking loads of water but noticed i was snacking all day yesterday so my appetite seems to have increased.
    any tips please send this way:-)
    ps it was so nice talking to the teacher today and other parents and not skulking off paranoid that they would know i was on the sauce the night before, great day today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I was up with the chickens RC, not unusual for me :H

hitting40, congrats on day 2 AF! Have you read the MWO book? You will learn more about the suppplements & much more

I have a long & busy day ahead so I'd better get right to it. Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Thursday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, Day 11 here. :happy:

This a question for those of you with dogs. Do you notice a change in your dogs when you're sober vs. drinking? I definitely do.

Here's a quick (hopefully) story. Last February, I got a new puppy named Claire. She's a pit mix from the SPCA. I already have an older dog named Jenna who has been with me for 10 years. For the first few months, they got along for the most part, but they ended up getting into four serious fights that resulted in ripped ears and expensive vet bills. I actually decided to try to find Claire a new home, but I didn't have any luck (I was very picky, and I ended up not trusting anyone). So, I decided to keep her and make it work.

I started thinking back at what prompted the fights, and I saw a common thread. I was drunk all four times. One time I had brought back some greasy food back from the bar, and they started fighting over that. Another time, I had brought back my drunk friend from the bar, and we were cutting up on the deck, being stupid. The other two times were just me being drunk around the house.

Now that I'm not drinking, I don't see any fighting. I don't see any conflicts hardly at all. We are all on a normal sleeping pattern, they get fed regularly, and I am getting up early every morning to walk them. Now they have a routine, and I don't sense any frustration.

I am a firm believer that dogs are very sensitive to what their humans are doing and feeling. They KNOW when I'm drunk, and they don't like it. They get frustrated, and sometimes that turns into fights. They are worried. They miss meals. They wonder where the heck I am.....

I am getting sober for many reasons, but the wellbeing of my dogs is one of them!

Here's an interesting article about an actor who is certain that his dog was very frustrated with his drinking....

Chris Klein: My Dog Helped Me Face My Alcohol Addiction

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
          Day 11...will take off my shoes to continue counting.....
          Still using the hypnosis CD's and I guess they are helping....need a CD player that runs off electric not batteries...getting expensive....may look into that this weekend....
          Work is just something I must tolerate for now...I do have an escape plan in the works...just need to pay for the things on the house that need attention first...always something...
          Well back to work for now.
          Dottie
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey dottie - do you have an ipod or iphone? you can put your CD into itunes and play it on repeat. That's what I do with my sleep hypnosis CD.
            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roll Call for Oct 11th, 2012

Fin - Day 10 (Walked to work to celebrate. Would have never done this hung over)
              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin - Day 10 (Walked to work to celebrate. Would have never done this hung over)
                lolab - 1 year

yea Fin!!!! Congratulations - on double digits!!!!!! Day 10 on 10-11-12. :-)
                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=lolab;1390709]Roll Call for Oct 11th, 2012

lolab - 1 year
                  Dottie - Day 11

yea Fin!!!! Congratulations - on double digits!!!!!! Day 10 on 10-11-12. :-)
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab - 1 year
                    Dottie - Day 11
                    Star - Day 11
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, my fine (mocha) feathered friends

Congrats on 30 days, Stumpy- and as far as your hat- I thought that’s what you were wearing all along- you mean that’s your real hair???

Lav- thinking of you and YB today- good luck! He has no idea what a lucky duck he is! Oh by the way, while you were gone to the hospital yesterday, K-9 was walking Stella around the BIG SOBER YARD- on a leash- She thought Stella was a dog. :H I think she had too much mocha or something.
                      Congrats on Day 2, “Hitting 40”- you are doin great! :goodjob:
                      Byrdie- we miss you too- we need to get RC to create an audio version of The BIG SOBER HOUSE, so we don’t have to strain so hard to view the script when we are away from computer (I have a feeling the computer screen will be as big a screen as we get to on this )

Hey Dottie and Roonie- my running mates- day 11 here also and just let me give you a lil tip! We don’t have to count on our fingers and toes. Here’s a short cut. On the kitchen wall down at The BIG SOBER HOUSE- there is a big calendar – I know, I know- K9 has pasted bling :bling
                      stickers all over it- But-

Just look at the date of the month and that’s how many days we have- Ya see? Today is October 11th and we have 11 days- Simple- and Hooray for us!
                      :h
                      Star
                      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab - 1 year
                        Dottie - Day 11
                        Star - Day 11
                        AllanKay - Day 41
                        AF since 1st Sep 2012
                        NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where is the Big Sober house????
                          I am new here u know....
                          Dot
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1390702 wrote: Morning all,
                            Day 11...will take off my shoes to continue counting.....
                            Still using the hypnosis CD's and I guess they are helping....need a CD player that runs off electric not batteries...getting expensive....may look into that this weekend....
                            Work is just something I must tolerate for now...I do have an escape plan in the works...just need to pay for the things on the house that need attention first...always something...
                            Well back to work for now.
                            Dottie
                            Hi Dottie!

I'm so glad to hear you have an escape plan! :wd: Could you have pulled that off when you were drinking? Yet another reason to celebrate. This is a big reason for me going AF. I am unhappy in my job, but have felt trapped as I was not strong or sober enough to tackle a new one. In the AF future, I can see myself all together and getting on with my professional life. Just knowing I could leave eventually makes today all the more tolerable. Hope it is the same for you.

I'm also using the CDs every day. Quite a trip, I think.

Catbuddy
                            "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab - 1 year
                              Dottie - Day 11
                              Star - Day 11
                              AllanKay - Day 41
                              Catbuddy - Day 10 (woot, woot Fin)
                              "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Meanwhile, out in the garden of Big Sober House, Fin has returned from his walk to draft *the definitive* instructions for posting to rollcall. He is always chasing dreams...

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X