Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Salt Creek

Here's a Thursday tune for you all to put a hop in your step - Salt Creek. I am mando, my instructor is on fiddle, his son on upright bass and good high school buddy on guitar.

Download from here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/grb3exkrrku5srg/Salt-Creek.mp3
    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Catbuddy;1390735 wrote: Fin - Day 10 (Walked to work to celebrate. Would have never done this hung over)
      lolab - 1 year
      Dottie - Day 11
      Star - Day 11
      AllanKay - Day 41
      Catbuddy - Day 10 (woot, woot Fin)
      Patrick - Day 4 (struggling but determined)
      AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin - Day 10 (Walked to work to celebrate. Would have never done this hung over)
        lolab - 1 year
        Dottie - Day 11
        Star - Day 11
        AllanKay - Day 41
        rooniferd - Day 11 (kicking A$$!)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1390730 wrote: Where is the Big Sober house????
          I am new here u know....
          Dot
          Hey Dottie- Sorry! The BIG SOBER HOUSE is all in RC's head (he ain't right :nutso, but we're all playing along just to make him feel better - Just kidding RC - ops:

Seriously, RC can explain it all much better, but just take a look back through the posts ( three or four days back, maybe) and you will easily catch up.
          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

rooniferd;1390741 wrote: Fin - Day 10 (Walked to work to celebrate. Would have never done this hung over)
            lolab - 1 year
            Dottie - Day 11
            Star - Day 11
            AllanKay - Day 41
            rooniferd - Day 11 (kicking A$$!)
            Patrick - Day 4 (struggling but determined)
            Cross post - adding Patrick back in!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey what do y'all think if we started a separate Newbie's Nest Roll Call thread? Might it reduce the number of cross posts and exclusions from the list??? Just a thought.
              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I agree there should be a more efficient way of calling roll. It's very good, but so many posts! Just my 2 cents.

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Noted. I'll start a new Roll Call Thread tomorrow. Until then, be good.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1390742 wrote: Hey Dottie- Sorry! The BIG SOBER HOUSE is all in RC's head (he ain't right :nutso, but we're all playing along just to make him feel better - Just kidding RC - ops:

Seriously, RC can explain it all much better, but just take a look back through the posts ( three or four days back, maybe) and you will easily catch up.
                    Ahem. Now, now Star. I took my supps this morning. You can hardly say you're playing along, when i can see you across the kitchen there having a word in Dottie's ear, can you?

Star... dear, dear, Star... one wonders whether double figures of AF days is quite suddenly bringing out all the hidden irks and quirks that have been muzzled under the booze of late? Hehe

Dottie - the Big Sober House - well, you're in it. Think the Big Brother House without the booze and wackier participants - me, you, Star, Cat, Byrdie, Lav, K9, Lola, Fin, Allan, Prairie, Rooni, Nurdl, Mom, etc etc and all the latest newbies. And special guest appearances from time to time.

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have been out for quite a while...my last stretch was 35 days and then a beautiful summer day, started the grill, and said screw it, I can handle this. I have done so much better this time around. more aware of how much I drink/drank. Not really getting hangovers, but I am still disappointed.
                      I don't know if this is day 1 again or not but I just felt like popping in and venting out my feelings.

I love drinking wine, and I don't really want to quit. I just don't know if its right. I have focused on so much of not drinking and then drinking heavy then not drinking again. I am so confused, is it ok to drink wine? I am not drinking and driving, I don't abuse my kids or my husband, I go to work everyday, my kids are fed, my house is clean, I go to the gym and I quit smoking 3 years ago.

Why the struggle? Am I bad for drinking wine 2-3 times a week. Well, I would be if I could stop at 1 or 2 glasses. But I want more, so I fight in my head, so I have more. Then I stop and binge eat everything I can get my hands on and ruin anything I did at the gym.

I just don't know what I am doing anymore. Does that make me a bad person?

Thanks for listening!
                      Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

:sofa: I foresee Star being summoned to the "Diary Room" for a one on one with BIG SOBER (gulp)
                        And the quirks have been there all along...some things never change!
                        Welcome Patrick and Welcome Back, Honeysoup....and no, you are not a bad person! You just need to hang around us in the nest for a while and get your game plan back on. You can do it, Honey!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi honeysoup...I took a moment and read back over your earlier posts to remind myself of your 'story'...you've got some really good stretches of AF time - and the difference in you from when you are just trying to stop - to when you've got some real sober time behind you - is like night and day.

first, it's so familiar. the wanting to stop - yet not wanting to stop. That wrestling back and forth is what just became so tiresome to me - knowing in my soul that I needed to - but then some devilish side of me wanting to be carefree and "fun"....the trouble was - any "fun" involvedi n drinking was long gone - out the window - with blackouts - and whatnot. I couldn't stand not remembering things....having my family mention something and look at me with "that" wide eyed look as I stumbled my way through "trying" to make it look like I really did remember - I just temporarily forgot.

During your bouts of AF time - how did you feel?

Anyway...I guess my point is, it has to come from within you. No, you aren't a bad person - you're just like the rest of us - but neither I nor anyone else here can tell you that you NEED to stop - and have that be the thing that makes you decide to....If you decide that you need to and that you want to - then we can give you all the support in the world - but we can't make that decision for you. I just know I had ridden the roller coaster long enough....trying to control it - and it was just too much work anymore....the self hatred - the covering up - everything....and I took care of my family and home, too....there was no huge pivotal moment that made me wake up and take notice....I just got to the point where I was sick enough of it to give sobriety enough time to see if it was really worth it or not....:l
                          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys. How is everyone doing? I think starting a separate thread for roll call would clear up some space on this thread. I also wanted to encourage everyone to put their quit date in their side bar/signature so we can easily track everyone progress. So far I have noticed that Starfish1, K9 and rooniferd don’t have it. This way we will never forget another milestone or anniversary.

ALLAN
                            AF since 1st Sep 2012
                            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

I also want to share a great technique I have been using over the last few weeks to help me with my AL thoughts. Every time you have a craving or a temptation just imagine that your AL thoughts are clouds floating by. Picture yourself lying on the grass on a sunny day, watching the clouds go by. Try to be as vivid as you can, smell the grass, flowers. Feel the breeze and the warmth of the sun. Now imagine getting up and carry on with whatever you were doing. It’s a sort of mini day dream/meditation technique. Works wonders for me.

ALLAN
                              AF since 1st Sep 2012
                              NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roll Call Relocation

Hi guys / gals: Roll Call is now in its own thread! How exciting to be the "founder". Come on by when you get a chance and post your achievements

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...all-68536.html

Comment

Working...
                                X