Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Holy Moley yall!! This place moves and trying to keep up with it on a tiny phone was ...well, left something to be desired. As usual, work got in the way of my social life here....First things first...
    Stumpy...with MUCH pride, here is your over-due hat! :bday3: I'm sorry I skipped town right when you hit that major milepost. We are all so proud of you (AND your hair)..it was a group effort.
    Welcome Patrick and Hitting 40!!! You are doing great! We are so glad you're here.
    Fin...your song reminded me of all of us hiking on a trail....with our khaki shorts and flannel checkered shirts and our walking sticks...climbing a mountain together...the late sun peaking thru the autumn foliage....thank you for posting that beautiful piece.
    I'm so glad our big party worked out...once Lola gets her mind fixed on Mocha there's just not changing it!
    I will be catching up...I just want you all to know how proud I am of our community here...this place saves lives, and I'm one of them. Have a safe, strong, AF night. B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

RunningCourage;1390953 wrote:
      :grannypants:

STAR: Excuse me?

BIG SOBER: These are my thanks pants. I was going to make some thanxs spanxs but there were no icons for such things.

STAR: Like... thanks.

:H:H:H

My Spanx arrived in the mail today. If I don't check in tomorrow, it's because my blood circulation is cut off and I'm passed out. LOL
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aww- how sweet, RC! I will squeeze me self into those thanx spanx and wear them with pride. What an honor and a special gift. This BIG SOBER house ROCKS. And I love you guys!
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1390927 wrote: RC, I have some exciting news. I did my first 5k today and achieved a time of 29m43s. It was in a gym at 1% incline. I was so proud of myself... 41 days ago I drank and smoked, today I have completed a 5k. I couldn?t do it nonstop so I had 3 x 1 minute walk breaks and run the rest at about 12kph.

YEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALLAN
          That is AWESOME!!:goodjob:
          Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick update:

In 48 hours, I looked for a new apartment online, viewed places, packed, rented a truck, loaded a truck, signed a lease, unloaded a truck, and partially unpacked. My internet isn't going to be up and running until Sunday, and my cell service is TERRIBLE in my new neighborhood, so a smart phone can't save me either. I won't be on much until next week.

All the same, 15 days and counting...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Limon...I can't tell you how impressed I am. In the face of this really good excuse to say "f it all" you put your mind to the task at hand, and dealt with it. Feels good to be in control, doesn't it? That's not a feeling I was used to...it took a while to adjust to the fact that I was making good decisions. I am so happy for your 15 days...remember from here until Day 30, your emotions will be all over the place. Please stay strong...you don't want to miss out on your hat! We believe in you!!! Could you imagine 16 days ago, that you'd be here posting all of this AF time? Well done...VERY well done. B
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

limonada;1391017 wrote: Just a quick update:

In 48 hours, I looked for a new apartment online, viewed places, packed, rented a truck, loaded a truck, signed a lease, unloaded a truck, and partially unpacked. My internet isn't going to be up and running until Sunday, and my cell service is TERRIBLE in my new neighborhood, so a smart phone can't save me either. I won't be on much until next week.

All the same, 15 days and counting...
                That is absolutely amazing! Wow, I can't imagine getting all that done. You are a huge inspiration - to have dealt with this unexpected crisis so effectively. Congratulations - a virtual high five.

Catbuddy
                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1390841 wrote: I also want to share a great technique I have been using over the last few weeks to help me with my AL thoughts. Every time you have a craving or a temptation just imagine that your AL thoughts are clouds floating by. Picture yourself lying on the grass on a sunny day, watching the clouds go by. Try to be as vivid as you can, smell the grass, flowers. Feel the breeze and the warmth of the sun. Now imagine getting up and carry on with whatever you were doing. It?s a sort of mini day dream/meditation technique. Works wonders for me.

ALLAN
                  Hi Allan,

Thanks for the technique! I will try it!

Catbuddy
                  "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just minutes before midnight & I'm swooping in to wish everyone a safe night in the nest!

The patient survived, I survived, everything is OK

Carry n everyone :H
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

that witching hour

hi guys,
                      last night i was back from a funeral removal my sisters father in law died suddenly and we are all very close. on the drive home from the church i was thinking i would love a glass of vino but kept just pushing it back to the back of my mind, anyway to cut a long story short i didn't do it, my husband and i both agreed it wasnt a good idea so we just go through it, and at 10pm hit the hay to watch family guy in bed. i was so happy - i said to my husband, imagine in the difference of two hours i could have been hammered by 10pm but instead i was tucked up in bed snoozing. i am so happy this morning, heading to the funeral this morning after the school run, and not ducking and diving - life is good - i think this is the first friday in a very very very long time that i am not getting it with a foggy head:-)) now if i can just get over the weekend i will be flying! on another note i emailed my friend who likes the drink as well during the week and she said she was cutting back to one night a week (3 glasses with dinner) and then just weekends so i told her well done etc, i emailed two days later and asked her had she abstained form al the night before and i got a very defensive answer saying no, she enjoyed drinking with her dinner and it was so socialable for her to have wine with her husband and son over dinner. i said fair play for me it was cracking open the bottle after the kids went to bed, but i felt i had somehow got her back up, so i think i will just go on this journey quietly and let her be as she is a great friend and dont want her to think i am judging her.
                      i am so glad i found this site!! i a truely am!

Comment

Newbies Nest

ps sorry for all the typos's i am doing this quickly before i head out but didnt know what time i would be home and wanted my "mwo" fix before i started the day:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey hitting40. That makes sense about your friend...and you might be surprised - that since the thought is already in her head - she might come around in a bit, and start trying to cut back or join you after she sees how great you feel and look. :-)

I do think, though, that I do have that foggy head this Friday morning - that you are doing without! My whole night was spent flipping from side to side with a stuffy head and nose...

Lav - I'm glad that things went ok yesterday...what does YB stand for?

I don't know whether to muddle through or try to go back to bed for awhile...I'm not good at that. Well, maybe I'm not good at either. But I see no other option. :-)
                          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roll Call

Don't forget Roll Call today over in the other theard: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...all-68536.html

Be good,
                            -Fin
                            Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                            Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters!!
                              H40, what a great story of pushing thru 'the thought'. It is such a victorious feeling in the morning when YOU win that battle. As you can see by your friend's reaction, this whole AL thing is a very touchy subject. We all start the morning feeling strong and then by the time the clock hits afternoon, our standards seem to relax...a LOT. As I said earlier in the week, secure your oxygen mask first, and worry about others later. You will hear all sorts of 'sideways' remarks about your quitting...don't let it derail you one bit. After all, who can fault you for NOT drinking??

Friday is just another day in the Big Sober House! Weekends make us pull out the PLAN (or worse, have to go to the Diary Room) to reinforce what we need to do.

Prarie...you are reminding me of K9...when she was first here she was shy and reserved!! Now look at her sober self!! She is the funniest person I know, and you are pulling in right behind her! (insert joke here). And no more cracks about my colonoscopy! :H

Have a happy sober Friday!!! If I can do it...you can too!! B
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Glad to see you doing so well hitting40!

Lola, YB= Yard Boy, the nickname I gave my spouse after he left because he only shows up to cut grass :H
                                He was a hurting puppy & will need a few days to get himself back together enough to cut the grass around here. This is the first time he's ever had surgery (at teh age of 60), believe it or not

Greetings Byrdie & everyone. Sending wishes for a super AF Friday
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X