Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Fin;1391382 wrote: Hey guys,

In response to Michelle's question / observation (and Cat's and probably the majority of us), my past energy level at night has been on the low end as well. Not having access to all that IPA sugar is definitely noticeable. Like Cat, I also started a B-12, L-Glutamine regiment. I also got some milk thistle. I think the B-12 is definitely helping as last night I felt really good.

We went to my boy's elementary school for an outdoor fall carnival and fund raiser. Normally I would have dropped 2 or 3 IPA primers before even leaving the house before such an outing. And this is REALLY bad...I'd even sometimes put a 4th in my bike water bottle to keep the buzz going once at the event. God, that's so horrible.

Anyway, I was so happy to be 100% in the moment and present with my whole crew last night at this event. I can't begin to explain how awesome if felt to be rid of all the shame. I was also more vs. less confident reaching out to other parents there. Crazy. The night sky was clear and warm and now at Day 11 it is oh so clear to me That:

This is Worth Working for...
    :yeahthat: Absolutely that. It's good innit, Fin? I went for a run last night. For those on this side of the pond, you'll know it was, as we like to say in Scotland, "pishing" with rain. But boy, it was good - running in the rain, street lights lighting autumn trees, a distant moon...

Sure, it may sound like I'm on some hippy trip, but boy it rocked. Lots.

Eh...Actually...

It rained.

Lots.

And, picking up on what Fin said, there are points too when i feel more confident being AF than when i'm living with the daily weight of guilt ("if these people saw what i did each night, they'd thing i was SO sad" ... "wait, am I SO sad?" ... "Perhaps I am" ... "Yes, I must be... oh feck, i feel SO bad... cos i feel i am SO sad")... That myth of AL being the source of confidence, of Dutch Courage, is I think a bit of a misnomer.

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Seriously. I'm not running. I'm not drinking. That leaves LUNCH. Cut me some slack here....

If I tried that argument he'd tell me to take up running....sighs.....

GD it. SHOW UP FOR LUNCH already. What. Sick patients...schmick patients... A girl needs to eat before the weekend when there won't even be a chance for a snack. Oh fine. I'm being bratty. I get that way when I'm hungry.
      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

This whole lunch thing has me thinking...about what, I cannot say.
        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

NYUM, NYUM, NYUM, NYUM...Hmmmmm.... BIG, LOVELY, JUICY, MORISH, TASTY... LUNCH

Comment

Newbies Nest

PF, you may have to pack your own LUNCH...IF you know what I mean. You gotta do what you gotta do. Packing one's own lunch has benefits...you don't have to share..and if it's good you can have seconds.
            I'm with K9, I haven't had a catered lunch in quite a while and I'm married! OY. B

Lunchless in Carolina
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Damnit. Sick patients.

No lunch.

Sack lunchs suck eggs. I'm perfectly capable of packing my own lunch. I don't WANNA. At this point - I'm not asking for a 10 course picnic...sheesh - at this point I was settling for a drive through burger - heck - you could tossed it through the window as long as it came with a big diet soda....

Not even a measly french fry....this blows... or doesn't as the case may be....

I'm going to be down right snarky about that I think for a bit... I better run one fast errand before I hurt something...
              That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
              AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wine cravings in overdrive....holding tight....leave work in 45 minutes....need to take alternate route home.....bad day is such a trigger.....
                Dottie
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, well, PF. We hear your S.O. has been skipping lunch lately. Sick patients and such. Very noble of him. We gather you don?t like the idea of skipping lunch yourself,

:sulk:

but lunch isn?t always what it?s cracked up to be- ya know?

Why again can?t he just come over for "supper?"
                  :wazup:
                  :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, can you change your focus to finding a world class cookie? Just some other task to change up your thinking...good job in coming here! There is no drink in the world that is better than being sober feels...stay strong! Don't give in no matter what and no matter who. AL will NOT take one more day of MY life! I know you can do it...B
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh wow, Dottie! Hold tight. Tomorrow is magic day 13. Do whatever you have to do to make it home, Dottie. Do NOT STOP to get liquor! Go another route. Go by Sonic and get a Slushy or a milkshake or something! You can do it. You will feel so much better tomorrow when you make it through today. You will have one more victory under your belt.

What are your plans once you make it home? Treat yourself to a special night off, if you can. Leave work at work!

We are pulling for you!
                      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi PF, why not do what I use to do? Double up on dinner, they can't escape once they're home for the night...(((WINK)))
                        AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
                        AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
                        STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, please don't cave. There's strength in numbers and we need you here tomorrow for Roll Call. Take a long-long bath, shower, walk...whatever you need to do to get your mind back to where it needs to be.

Will be sending positive thoughts your way,
                          -Fin
                          Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                          Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks all, I am finally leaving work...
                            I will report back when I arrive home...
                            dot
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1391462 wrote: Well, well, PF. We hear your S.O. has been skipping lunch lately. Sick patients and such. Very noble of him. We gather you don?t like the idea of skipping lunch yourself,

:sulk:

but lunch isn?t always what it?s cracked up to be- ya know?

Why again can?t he just come over for "supper?"
                              :wazup:
                              LOL - I know I know. Noble of him to skip lunch. Just like him. People dying an all.

Fooey.

Sighs.

Sighs again.

I hate sack lunchs. :bang

No supper. No breakfast. No zipping over for a midnight snack. Competing child custody schedules...only get 3 squares every other weekend...the rest of the time it's hit the drive through catch as catch can assuming no natural disasters, cases of horrible case of the cooties sweeping the community (do you KNOW how many variants of the the cooties there actually are? Freekin Cooties) and various and sundry child/ex spouse dramas...you might be surprised how many of those can show up in a compressed period. ull

Day 53. AL Free and delighted about that at least.

Ok - I'm going to go have my fit in the naughty corner now. Or the not so naughty corner. How bout the corner where those are who wish they had been naughty but weren't go....
                              :stomper:
                              AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H LOL @ Stumpy. Trust me - when it's my weekend - I double up on meals. I eat like a pig.
                                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X