X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Ok Dot -

You can do this.

You can. My worst urge surf? My stylist had bleached my hair too light - and it literally fell around my head like cotton puffs when she towel dried it....she had to cut it soooooooo short. The SO hates ultra blonde and he hates ultra short. I was in tears in the parking lot. The salon was next to the wine shop. I literally was sitting there staring at the bottles, crying at my hair. Wanting them so bad - looking at my hair in my mirror in the car thinking I was the ugliest thing - that nothing was going to fix this mess - and I wanted a Tempranillo or Merlot...

LolaB talked me into not getting out of my car and going home. I did. I just went to bed. It saved my longest quit before this one. I didn't think I was going to survive that one. I was literally an open car door or closed car door away form breaking...just watching people go in and out...

You can do this. You can choose to keep the car door closed and just go home. Order delivery. Don't get of the car anywhere they sell it- just get delivery...or eat left overs....just don't break. Don't buy any. And start slamming the L-Glut. You can do this. You can.
    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 26 in the Big Sober House

Day 26 in The Big Sober House.

Eight thirty pee em. Lav's in the Big Sober Garden. Actually, she's in the chicken coop with Stella.

LAV: So, Stella, here we are, couped up in our chicken coop -

STELLA: MY chicken coop.

LAV: OUR chicken coop.

STELLA: MY chicken -

LAV: Who bought the coop?

STELLA:It don't matter who bought the coop, it's MY coop.

LAV: Oh yeah?

STELLA: Yeah.

LAV: Prove it.

STELLA: See that there? Yes, THAT. That's my poop. I don't see you dropping your poop in the coop.

LAV: Stella.

STELLA: Lav?

LAV: Your disgusting.

STELLA: Where you poop, lady?

LAV: None of yer business. I am a dignified lady and DO NOT need to be conversing in crude conversations about crap.

STELLA: So like what, you sayin' you no poopin'?

K9: Lav! Would you get outta that coop there and have your bird shut it's undignified beak?

As K9 helps Lav from the coop, Star sits by the front door awaiting the arrival of Dottie coming home from work. She sits with her fingers crossed, silently wishing Dots a save return. Meanwhile Prairie is stomping up and down alongside Star.

STAR: Just like, ehm, ... stop?

A little pffft of smoke pfffts out of Priarie's nose and ears.

STAR: Cos, like you're no doing anything for the chilled out atmosphere.

Pfffts of smoke keep pfffting from Prairie.

STAR: Prairie?

Prairie heads to the nearest wall... :bang

STAR: FIN!? Can you play one of your tracks for the smokin' 'n' heid-smashin' Prairie?

Pfffft :bang

Fin comes in. Fin kneels down. Kneelin' Fin(n) Starts a little strum. Hums a little hum. And slowly, like metal to a magnet, or flies to a poop, or raving fans to a rock star, the entire Big Sober House crowd around Fin. It's a crowded house. And Fin sings... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKRwGp8hUM4[/video]]Better be Home Soon for Dottie

Pft-ft-ft

Pfff

Pif

f

Even Prairies lack-of-"lunch"-rage fizzles out.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star, Dots and Fin...hang on tight, tomorrow IS Day 13. It was a turning point for me, I hope it is for you, too. I'm so proud of everyone! We are joining forces for strength! I looked many times for answers to life's problems in the bottom of a bottle, and take it from me, they ain't there. One drink isn't going to do any of us any good....
        Stay strong on this Friday and upcoming weekend! Do something nice for someone else who needs a hand or just a kind word...it doesn't cost anything to be nice. Hugs to all, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Better Be Home Soon

RC,

Better Be Home Soon...great tune. I'll put some mandolin to that one for The Big Sober House. I just listened to it and the chord progression is C / Am / Em / G and then back to the C. There's a Bb too, but not to worry. I'm on it!

Anyone else in the nest a musician? I thought I saw someone mention a guitar once.
          Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
          Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gosh Running...what a great tune...and by another guy named Fin(n). Things are hopping in the BSH....
            Patrick and Michelle...keep up the great work...those first few days are quite a load to bear, but it is so worth it to break thru this addiction. You are never alone here. We've got stories that will make your hair crawl.......just ask Stumpy! ( hers is still crawling!!)

The cravings last about 2 weeks....then they subside a good bit....it is perfectly normal to feel tired and a bit scatterbrained...this is a small price to pay for the rewards you will soon be recieving...and I'm not just talking about the hat! You will never regret a day that you spend sober!
            B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys, im gonna hangout over here with yall if thats cool, ill be checkin in on my phone.
              ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey odat1234, cool.. hit our Roll Call too, buddy. Instructions in my signature block below.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey - good to see you here Odat!

Comment

Newbies Nest

The cravings last about 13 - 14 days. I found I hit feeling like crapola again closing in around a month. There is this PAWS thing you can look up when you have survived 30 days...but I promise - day 53 (edited - 53 - counted again...so hungry for lunch I can't count) - it starts to get less often...

Some of us are in the AB (antabuse) club which is why you will see a TTDAP periodically for Take The Damn Pill...not for everyone but reasons for and against over in the med thread...

But right now - it's getting through *this* day, this *hour* sometimes just *this* minute.

Don't buy any. Don't go in the store. Order delivery if you have to. Go to bed and take a melatonin if you have to. Sleep through the urge if you have too. Just don't give in. Get through today.

You can do this. Just get through today.
                    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all,
                      Made it home OK... had to stop for prescription and of course they were having wine tasting.....but I bought 1 can of whole cashews and a can of pringles...pringles are potato chips in a can for the non US folks...I opened the cashews in the car and the darn pull tab under the lid broke so there I sit in my car jabbing my car key in the top....I had to have something or explode....so I did get to the nuts and drove home....home nobody saw me....what a sight.....
                      Thanks for all the support...
                      Dottie
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie Fairy;1391514 wrote: You can. My worst urge surf? My stylist had bleached my hair too light - and it literally fell around my head like cotton puffs when she towel dried it....she had to cut it soooooooo short. The SO hates ultra blonde and he hates ultra short. I was in tears in the parking lot. The salon was next to the wine shop. I literally was sitting there staring at the bottles, crying at my hair. Wanting them so bad - looking at my hair in my mirror in the car thinking I was the ugliest thing - that nothing was going to fix this mess - and I wanted a Tempranillo or Merlot...

LolaB talked me into not getting out of my car and going home. I did. I just went to bed. It saved my longest quit before this one. I didn't think I was going to survive that one. I was literally an open car door or closed car door away form breaking...just watching people go in and out...
                        I remember this day PF and how proud I was that you stayed strong! And I'm still proud of you!

I bet you didn't get any LUNCH that day, did you?
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go, Dot! Way to go!!

So, Roll Call is up to 15 people now including ODAT1234 at 14 hours, our newest newbie. Very-very cool. I remember that first day well. I was yelling in my car on the way home. I was growling and shaking my fists toward the sky yelling this "absolutely suuuuuucks! Why meeeeeee?!" Then expletive after expletive. Shit, that was one hard day but you know what? The next morning I felt incredibly liberated and hopeful that this could be done.

ODAT1234, Merlot and Patrick, yell, stomp, kick. Do whatever you need to, just don't give in this weekend. With each day you'll find more and more resolve and feel better and better. And Byrd, I hear you on Day 12-13 for me which is the weekend. I'm not worried as we're doing mostly family stuff which is safe for me right now.

I do have a band rehearsal Sunday, but I'll just break out my Stunt Beer - water in an IPA bottle. Ha!

Okay all. Be good and see you on the other side of the weekend,
                          -Fin

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1391565 wrote: I remember this day PF and how proud I was that you stayed strong! And I'm still proud of you!

I bet you didn't get any LUNCH that day, did you?
                            Nope - that was my off weekend too. LUNCH free that Friday night too...not so much as a French Fry...
                            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie, thanks for your post that included PAWS. I have been soooo tired the past few days. Unable to drag myself out of bed, sleeping during the day, fuzzy, disconnected,etc. I did not have a clue as to what it was and then you mentioned PAWS. Of course! I'm taking all my vitamins, eating well and dragging my butt around all day.

It takes a village people. Thanks so much nesters! Between all of us here we'll get through this.
                              ~nurdl
                              :notes:
                              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

4 hours 34 minutes. I will be ok. I know I will. No shakes just don't feel good. I'm off to google paws
                                ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Working...
                                X