Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Fin,

I have to figure out how to download your tunes. I play keyboard. Can I join the Big Sober House Band?
    ~nurdl
    :notes:
    we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to show em Dottie bell! So proud of you I could pop!
      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am sticking close to the nest tonight....very bad day and I just cant let it go and leave work at work....
        Dottie
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, do whatever you need to to feel good, except you know what. Comfort food, soft warm clothes, a movie, anything to take your mind away. We're here for you and in various states of being AF.

~nurdl
          :h
          :notes:
          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Me too, Star, I was thinking the same thing! THAT's how it's done...ODAT, whatever it takes...just get thru this day.

Prarie, remember there are plenty of starving people out here who don't get lunch at all...be grateful for your drive by's and quickie take outs...:H

Fin, I am so proud of you, too....I believe you've got it this time! Well played, my dear. Where is Allan???
            Hugs nesters! I am thinking of you all....B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

an hour and a half and i'm golden. Eatting queso, gonna take a bath and read a book and maybe watch a show then hit the hay!
              ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

I will do a little intro here: drum roll please.....
                I live in Ohio, married 16 years, 3 doggies and 2 cats, work part time at a very stressful job, not quite old enough to retire but close enough to taste it.....
                Dottie
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Dottie, I am 37, I live in texas, I have been married for 19 years, I have a 16 year old daughter, a 13 year old son, 3 dogs, 3 cats, and I quit my job two weeksish ago.
                  ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

Six pages of entries since I left this morning - wow! Dottie, I'm so glad for you that you made it. Everyone is pulling for you. Congratulations. I think Byrdie said "you never regret a day you spent sober." That's really profound. I've had a terrible day, and thought tonight that I just didn't care anymore, I just wanted to feel better tonight. Fortunately, no booze in the house. So I made it, but next time I feel that way, I'm going to try to anticipate the regret tomorrow.

ODAT, welcome! The nest is always getting bigger, and so much support. We are your village, should you decide to move or just vacation here.

Best to all, and to all a good night.

Catbuddy
                    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. I'm doing some lurking tonight and love to pop into the N.N. for inspiration from oldies and newbies.

What struck me was how everything seems to wrong during early sobriety. Locking keys in the car in the rain kind of things. They are definitely challenging. And...after some sobriety - pretty funny too.

I wish you all sobriety and peace.
                      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to other newbies: odat, dottie, nurdl, catbuddy, star, and encouragement from Byrdie. What a struggle it was today. Just wrestled all day, struggling not to go out and get something to drink. Having to go past the liquor store and resisting going in, and half regretting that I didn't. Not wanting to post, because I would feel bad if people offered encouragement and I ended up going out anyway. It's Day 4.... thank God it's almost over and I'm still sober, but what a minute to minute struggle it's been all day long! Should I, shouldn't I, will I, won't I? All day long. The high point of this day will be just going to bed sober. Glad today is almost over. At least I won't have tonight to regret in the morning. Good night, all. Seems like all of us had a pretty difficult day today. Let's hope tomorrow is easier. For all of us. Bless all of you.
                        AF since 12/2/12
                        http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Almost Free,

I'm a newbie, as you said, but I want to offer you something: unconditional acceptance; no recrimination if you do or don't drink. I too feel the embarrassment of what if I ask for support and then drink anyway? That is all I wanted to do tonight, to feel physically better (I had minor surgery today). And then how would I deal with Fin's rollcall?

Anyway, support is always here. I hope you sleep well. I've been going to bed earlier and earlier - about the bedtime I had in middle school. I hope this is temporary.

:l Catbuddy
                          "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi SKendall, glad you dropped by. Nice of you. Have a great evening. Going to finallly call it a night. Goodnight all!
                            AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1391642 wrote: I will do a little intro here: drum roll please.....
                              I live in Ohio, married 16 years, 3 doggies and 2 cats, work part time at a very stressful job, not quite old enough to retire but close enough to taste it.....
                              Dottie
                              I like this idea.......So Dottie and ODAT, my intro.

I am 46, divorced, mother to an amazing 9 year old boy, one very spoiled dog, work as CFO in a high stress startup; live in Marin, CA. Originally from Texas with most of my family still living there.

ODAT, last week in an AF haze of week 1 recovery, I succumbed to a wholesale meat seller and bought 30 lbs of meat, mostly beef. There are 4 T-bone steaks as big as a dinner plate. What a Texas feast! Wish we could share it. It will take us a year to plow through that meat.

:chef:

Catbuddy

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks catbuddy for that wonderful unconditional acceptance. It is truly a rare thing. I too hesitated until very late in the afternoon to check into fin's roll call. I was so sure I would not make it through the day, so why draw attention to myself, only to have my tail between my legs tomorrow. But I finally took the plunge and checked in and started getting involved posting here. It passed some of the difficult hours and got me through another day. And I see so many other newbies were having really bad days, too. Thanks again for your kindness and acceptance, regardless of my having a perfect record of success. Have a great evening. Hope everybody here has a great night's sleep and a better tomorrow.
                                AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Working...
                                X