Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Day 13 is as hard as yesterday was...went shopping....why did all the stores have wine tasting today......did not indulge....bought new doors for kitchen and a Halloween costume for the little doggie...she is a cute little bugger....pug/chihuahua we think...doesn't mind being dressed up...I have lots of clothes for her...got an angel costume for half price...so she will look cute on my fb page anyway....
    Going to stick close to the nest again tonight.....sigh...
    Dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dang it Dottie...maybe you are going to be a day late in getting your break...Well done in keeping busy. I have a chihuahua ....she is going to be a pumpkin this year for Halloween! I would love to see some pics of your pooch!!
      I'm so sorry you still had a hard day...but 2 weeks of inconvenience is NOTHING compared to the hell hole we were in, no? I hope you have a restful evening and enjoy that doggie!! I will be thinking of you...t
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in nest mates. Sorry not to address individuals tonight but am just trying to catch up here. Had a BIG day and it's not over yet. Really tired but so proud of everyone. Also welcome to those just joining the nest. You are in the best spot ever to get your life back on track.
        I think I must have missed something with RC. I need to read back and figure that whole situation out!
        Dottie - my running mate- sorry today was still rough but you are doing great! Keep up the good work everyone.

Sorry for the lame post but I am beat!
        XOXO
        Star
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 27 in the Big Sober House

Day 27, and it's eleven pm in the Big Sober House. Only no one's about. Some are away out. Some are in bed sleeping. Meanwhile, outside in the Big Sober Kennels, which stand opposite the Big Sober Coop, are Dottie's pug and Byrdie's chihuahua...

PUG: Hey

CHI: Hey

PUG: That time of year again...

CHI: Yeah... don't remind me...

PUG: So what's it to be?

CHI: Pumpkin.

PUG: Shit. Sorry mate.

CHI: You?

PUG: An angel.

CHI: Really? That's bad.

PUG: I know.

CHI: A pumpkin and an angel...

PUG: The whole neighbourhood is gonna laugh

CHI: Yup

PUG: We're gonna be the laughing stock of Soberville

CHI: Yup

PUG: It's enough to drive you to drink

CHI: Oh yeah...

PUG: I can't believe this happening. Again. It was bad enough last year when I was in the tutu like some short, fat, hairy ballerina, and you....

CHI: ... and I was -

PUG: Hahaha! Oh that was SO funny what Byrdie did to you. Gee I can't believe she dressed you up as -

CHI: Yes. I know. You can laugh but -

PUG: Alice Cooper! HA! Alice-fecking-Cooper. You frightened the living bejesus out of every other canine in the county.

CHI: Thanks...

PUG: So. What are we gonna do?

CHI: Dunno.

PUG: But we gotta do SOMETHING!

CHI: I know, I know. Hold on. Let me think, will you?

Chi thinks..

PUG: And? ... And? ... And? ...

CHI: Revolt!

PUG: Revolt?

CHI: Revolt. We will start a revolution. No longer will every mutt in Soberville have to go through the heartless humiliation that is the dressing up of dogs. We should start a 'Keep-us-Nude' campaign.

PUG: Oooh, I like the sound of that. So what do we do?

CHI: Not sure. But let's start by having some lunch.

PUG: Lunch?

CHI: Lunch. Appropriate, don't you think?

PUG: Is it?

CHI: Yes. It is.

PUG: Is it some euphantomism?

CHI: Euphemism. You mean euphemism. But euphantomism is apt considering the time of year. So, lunch?

PUG: Oooh, yes please, Chi.

And so they did lunch.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Nesters,

Hope everyone had a good & AF Saturday

I heard Byrdie made some awesome Mocha Cupcakes today. I wonder if they look like this :H

AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Big sober house....LMAO.....
              I needed that...and I often wonder if that is what they think.......
              Dottie....
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bahaha....when I dress mine up, she looks Oppressed! Depressed, or Victimized....
                RC, how funny! Thank you for that...did you see the Mocha cupcakes I made that Lav posted? (THANKS LAV) Those are in honor of you and your stories!! You have quite a way of spinning a yarn! Congrats on your 27 days...I am getting your hat ready! XO, B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC ....... You are toooooo funny :H:H I now seek out your posts just for a laugh

KY

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC - you're a breath of fresh air. Must be all that running! :H:H:H
                    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stella is ready for Halloween

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

so I decided to drink tonight...i got my red bull and my diet 7 up and my 8oz bottle of vodka and went to it....but 4 to 5 ounces in I thought why....i don't want this, i don't want to feel like this, I am still anoyed and tired and my hands hurt. This is not doing anything but making me more depressed, more worried, more tired. I just get so tired of the chattering in my head...have one....have a few....its just tonight...you can start again tomorrow.

So I have pored out the vodka, I had a bath, and I have started on the water....now to go to bed. There is no chattering on Sunday because there is no store open to sell vodka here...i wish everyday was sunday...Sorry to those I let down...sorry to those i have tempted...sorry to those who are fighting the good fight....I am sorry...but tomorrow I shall start again....I want to fight to good fight too....
                        ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

ODAT, please don't feel you need to apologize here. We are here for you, in whatever place you may be. Congratulations for pouring it out! Isn't that a triumph? Focus on that, focus on that strength, focus on that feeling that you didn't really want it but a part of your brain insisted. I think of that as my AL brain. It's there, was terribly strong tonight too. So get some rest and come back tomorrow. I'm going to be checking in to find you and give you more hugs.

:l

Catbuddy
                          "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Odat. Good job on pouring out the vodka. We're behind you fighting the good fight too. Get some sleep. Tomorrow is another day.

Nurdl
                            :notes:
                            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Odat.

Wow, I can't believe the strength it took to pour out the rest of the vodka! I could never have done that!

God, I so identify with the endless chattering in the head thing. I was doing that all day yesterday, didn't even do a roll call until very late in the day, or post, because I was so sure I would go out. I would feel bad if someone spent the time to encourage me and I went out anyway.

The head just went on and on:...... well, I'm all caught up with everything I need to take care of(thanks to a few days sober) and I don't have anything pressing for a couple of days......it's Friday, with a weekend ahead......I only have 4 days sober anyway, so I am not throwing away that much time, I'll just start over..... should I.... shouldn't I......I better go pick some up now, because I will probably change my mind later, and then they will be closed.....etc etc. Sometimes I used to go out and get the drink, just to end the agonizing over it. And to shut the damn chatter off.

God, I'm so sick of it. It even dominates my life when I'm sober. I barely got through yesterday, (Friday). I was glad I did this morning and tried to keep busy all day and pretty much succeeded. But about an hour ago, wham!, there was that obsessive thinking about a drink again. And the chatter. I sure won't judge you, Odat, and I don't think anyone else will. We are all doing the best we can. And we can only keep trying.

Someone very kindly posted me yesterday that they unconditionally accepted me, whether I took a drink or not. That was so very, very kind. And I feel the same way about you and everyone else here. Everyone is doing the best they are able. I'm so happy you are still posting and staying in contact. I hope you have a good night's sleep and I hope tomorrow is a lot easier than today was. Take care.
                              AF since 12/2/12
                              http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job Odat!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                It is almost 11:30pm here in Ohio and I made it through day 13..woohoo
                                So on to day 14 with hope and gratitude for all of you here for the support the past 13 days..this is a great place!!
                                Dottie
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X