Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

allankay;1392152 wrote: Cat, those dreams are pretty terrifying. I keep having them too almost every night. One night I would get drunk and embarrass myself, another night I would arrested and think to myself I just ruined my life and will have a criminal record for the rest of my life.

Before quitting alcohol I rarely remembered my dreams. Byrdie tells me that eventually they become rare. I hope that?s true.

AK
    Hi Allan,

Wow, so similar. I didn't remember my dreams either, and now every night I'm visiting some awful AL-based scenario. It's good to know this is part of the process, and that it will become rare. Thank God. It's exhausting to deal with.

Now, last night..................:eeks: I will only share this because I know I am among friends. And I blame Praire Fairy completely. I dreamt I had "lunch" with two guests. That was a first, dream or otherwise. Woke up thinking, wow, that star dust I asked for is pretty powerful stuff.

Catbuddy
    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

rooniferd;1392224 wrote: Two weeks sober today!!!

I'm taking my NON-HUNGOVER self hiking today. I'm gonna breathe in the Fall air and thank God and all my nest buddies for my life and my sobriety. Life and sobriety go hand in hand for me. Just like DRUNK = DEATH. I don't want to die. I want to live!

One more thing. I just want to say how much I appreciate everyone here in the nest. I don't post as often as I should, and I rarely call out my fellow nesters in my posts (mostly because I can't keep up with everyone!), but each and every one of you is near and dear to my heart.

I come here first thing in the morning and the last thing in the evening - and of course all throughout the day as well. I'm not brave or strong enough to try flying on my own yet. My wings are very delicate!

Well, off to get ready for my long hike.

Love you all!

:h
      Rooniferd - congratulations!! Life and sobriety go hand in hand for me as well. I was spending every weekend aftenoon drunk and then sleeping, then waking to cook dinner and drink some more. Now, it is also a beautiful fall day where I am. I'm going hiking, too, inspired by your enthusiam. Hope we both see beautiful sights. If I can learn how to post pics, I'll start sharing.

Catbuddy
      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

rooniferd;1392224 wrote: Two weeks sober today!!!
        I come here first thing in the morning and the last thing in the evening - and of course all throughout the day as well. I'm not brave or strong enough to try flying on my own yet. My wings are very delicate!

Well, off to get ready for my long hike.

Love you all!

:h
        Hey Rooni,
        I just wanted to congratulate you on 14 days and let you know how proud I am of you!:l Keep up the good work girl..I have total faith in you....you ARE stronger than you think!

A big hello to all my peeps here in the nest! I haven't been on in couple of weeks but I am proud to say that I am still AF and today is day 84 for me!!!!! I am still taking the AB and going to my AA meetings. I was faced this weekend with a "surprise" trip from my in-laws. My husband neglected...and I use that term loosely (ha)...to give me a heads up that they were thinking about stopping by our house on their way to PA. Most of you know...but for those that don't..I do NOT like these people...ugh!!!!! So I get a call on Friday night that they are in Georgia and that they would most likely get to my house on Saturday around 2 (they live in Florida). Normally I would've just figured that I was "drunk" when my husband told me about their visit and I would play it off as though I was fully aware of their arrival and totally perpared.....God forbid I admit that I was too drunk to remember the conversation! Ha! Instead I was fully aware that I was totally blind sided by this. I have always had my safety net...vodka...on the ready so I could numb my feelings about these people and put on a happy face. Now I was faced with dealing with the anticipation of their arrival, their actual arrival and not knowing when the hell they are leaving totally sober! I was like "Oh Sh*t"!!!!!!!! Since drinking is not an option while taking AB I had to dig deep...and I mean DEEP....to my very core and find ways to deal with this. After all..this is life and it's not always going to be rainbows, lollipops and unicorns. It was tough but I used all of my tools that I have been learning and I did it! They left about an hour ago and I am sitting here and I am sooooooooooooooooo happy and proud of myself that I succeeded. This was obviously a test that was thrown my way and I passed it with flying colors! Friday night I was feeling weak and vulnerable and right now I am feeling strong and confident! I am getting closer to the light at the end of my tunnel and I am totally loving being AF! Sorry if I rambled, but I wanted to share this experience with you...hopefully it can help someone else here!:h
        AB Club Member
        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

ok lets see if this works...if this road is out there I wanta walk down it!
          ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
            Really windy day here..storms lurking or so they say...
            We have a club meeting this afternoon then I need to purchase a portable CD player that plugs into the wall..I am eating batteries with the hypnosis CD's every night...Want to be able to turn on the subliminal ones without head phones..
            Well dog just threw up all over the couch so I will be back later.
            Dottie.
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

yeah it worked! Ok to posts pics you have to have a photo bucket account. You upload your pics and it gives you a web address for each pic, then you click the image button in here and paste the address into it and wala there is the pic...photo bucket is also a good idea because it your computer crashes your pics are safe in photo bucket instead of stuck on your computer.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1392304 wrote: Morning all,
                Well dog just threw up all over the couch so I will be back later.
                Dottie.
                I am still laughing. I'm so sorry, but the matter of fact tone just kills me. I take it this is a not unknown event.

I have a small pooch (King Charles Spaniel/Chi mix) who poops in my living room when she is mad at me. I'm going to find a particularly ridiculous Halloween Costume for her. :H

Catbuddy

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Odat...I was wondering how to post pics on here! What a gorgeous pic that is....fall is such a beautiful time of year! I ride my horses on some trails that look just like that...now I can take pics and post them! Ha!
                  AB Club Member
                  AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie and Cat - I am LMAO....not at your misfortune of course....but I can totally relate and you were so "matter of fact" about it! LOL And the "spite" poo is so typical of those little dogs...gotta love them!
                    AB Club Member
                    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Destiniey,

That is an inspiring story. Congratulations on dealing with your in-laws. I bet they left thinking how clear and present you seemed!

Catbuddy

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Cat! My alcohol pickled brain totally could've justified caving and drinking in this one instance but thank God I was able to dig deep into my core and make smarter choices. Instead of sitting here hungover with those horrible feelings of disgust I am sitting here happy and ready to face the day!!!! They know that I drank, but not that I had a 24/7 love-hate relationship with the beast! Ha! That part of my life is reserved for everyone here, my husband, daughter and my mom and dad. I am sure they saw a huge difference in everything about me and in general though!
                        AB Club Member
                        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,

Gosh, everyone is up early and so upbeat! Like regular normal people. Except for Catbbuddy's 'punch in the gut' on the way to get the cheese.

I had that punch in the gut (again) last night around 7:30, fought it for an hour, put my shoes on to go out, but then ended up responding to a new poster who seemed to be desperate but had not yet received any reply. I even said that I just wanted to welcome them, but that I was on my way out. Can you believe that? I was on my way out to get some wine. Sick!

I finally just uttered a prayer for the strength to resist going out, took off my shoes and called it a night. I always feel like I'm hanging by a thread. How long can this last? I never feel in my gut, that I'm really going to make it.

I'm still just struggling to hang in here. Just posted to roll call. Day 6. Here's hoping.

I'm watching out my front window, just like I used to do when drinking, at all the happy normal people, taking their walks, on their way to starbucks around the corner, walking their dogs, whatever. I still watch them now and wonder if they know how lucky they are to be normal? I bet not one of these people wakes up, either knowing they will be drinking all day or spending the day fighting a drink. What a life when the high point of your day is going to bed!
                          AF since 12/2/12
                          http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everybody -

I have been really good on non-SO nights about using my hypnos - I've created sleep lists - so one night I do the clearing and then have 10 copies of the sleep learning behind it - so I sleep all night with reinforcements triggering the cues. The next night I do the regular hypnosis and 10 copies of the sleep learning - and again - the sleep learning spends all night reinforcing and triggering the cues. I am finding my outlook and my ability to resist has completely changed. I'm about 4 weeks into being super diligent about it and it's almost as if in the last week my brain just rewired itself. I really just quit thinking about AL for the most part. It's plain not relevant.

I am going to keep doing it religiously - I didn't do it this religiously on my other quits this long - but I'm wondering if this was my failure before? Because seriously - it's like some kind of switch got thrown....my mind suddenly accepts I don't drink. I don't want to loose this definative feeling - so I'm going to keep doing it for the forseeable future because this is the first really peace from the monkey I've had...

Lav - I know you did them for quite a while - did you get that same sense somewhere along the way?

To be fair - about 9 months ago - I ordered a custom set when I realized I had a trigger to my drinking that was completely hosing me up - so I decided that quitting drinking would ultimately save me more than the several hundred dollars a custom would cost - so I blended the Total Abs MWO message with the Script he had already done that addressed my personal drinking Trigger - and added in his messages around Gratitude and Positive Thinking - upon reflection of things people like Lav and G had said that those successful with long term quits had as traits. So - my script is a custom - that get's to Total AB - why I drink - and reinforcing Gratitude/Positive Thinking. One would hope that it would work more effectively for me specifically.
                            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost free;1392328 wrote: Hi Everyone,

Gosh, everyone is up early and so upbeat! Like regular normal people. Except for Catbbuddy's 'punch in the gut' on the way to get the cheese.

I had that punch in the gut (again) last night around 7:30, fought it for an hour, put my shoes on to go out, but then ended up responding to a new poster who seemed to be desperate but had not yet received any reply. I even said that I just wanted to welcome them, but that I was on my way out. Can you believe that? I was on my way out to get some wine. Sick!

I finally just uttered a prayer for the strength to resist going out, took off my shoes and called it a night. I always feel like I'm hanging by a thread. How long can this last? I never feel in my gut, that I'm really going to make it.

I'm still just struggling to hang in here. Just posted to roll call. Day 6. Here's hoping.

I'm watching out my front window, just like I used to do when drinking, at all the happy normal people, taking their walks, on their way to starbucks around the corner, walking their dogs, whatever. I still watch them now and wonder if they know how lucky they are to be normal? I bet not one of these people wakes up, either knowing they will be drinking all day or spending the day fighting a drink. What a life when the high point of your day is going to bed!
                              Almost free....I'm sorry your down...make day 13 your short term goal, birdy says it's the magic day...lets find out ok....also, go out there with them...just take a walk up to starbucks and get a coffee or a chai tea latte with soy milk...thats my fav, if you haven't tried it, it tastes like gingerbread! If you have a dog walk it, if you don't want to do either one of those then just walk to the end of the block and back...point being the sooner you act like what you want to be the soon you will be that. Maybe you say hi to someone, maybe there will be a conversation, maybe not today, maybe today the sunshine will heal your heart alittle. I started walking 3.5 miles yesterday, it takes an hour and my legs hurt but you know what the sun helps, the clean air helps, the physical pain helps, the endorphins help.:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Odat,
                                I liked that: act like what you want to be and soon you will be that. A good positive thought. I will take that walk, but I'll have to take my umbrella. It's pouring rain here. Thanks for your encouragement.
                                AF since 12/2/12
                                http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Working...
                                X